Used 2009 Honda Accord EX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

A superb quality car
By Scott

2009 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My wife absolutely loves her Accord. It's our first Honda car (although we've owned Honda powersports equipment) and we couldn't be more pleased. Purchased at 35,000 miles on the clock and 41,000 miles later, all we've done are oil changes, a new battery, new tires and brakes. The only issue that we were somewhat disappointed in was having to replace the rear brakes at 50,000...and it just wasn't the pads. We had to replace calipers, rotors AND pads. But, some of that could be attributed to the cold, snowy climate that we live in (Northern NY). Other than that, the car has been a joy to own. Surprisingly decent power is supplied by the 2.4L 190 HP 4 cylinder engine and the 5-speed manual transmission. The 5-speed shifts smoothly and is a blast to run through the gears. Inside, the car is very comfortable and the 8-way power seats are wonderful. It's very good in snow IF you run snow tires on it, especially with the 5-speed and front wheel drive. Great sound system with the multi-CD changer & 6 speaker setup. Air conditioning works great as well---you have to wear a jacket if you have it on. The Accord is a very high-quality vehicle, and we would recommend it to anyone. My wife will be back for another one...if I can ever get her to part with this one.

Nice car, great mileage, couple issues
By kbuicker

2009 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a new Honda with 500 miles (semi demo). I love the car so far. We've owned a 2003 Accord since it was new, 98k miles, and only had to replace the AC compressor(recently). This 09 is great, here are a couple issues. The brakes squeak! My dad's 08 does as well. Honda says it's the #1 complaint with the car and Honda Engineering is working on a resolution. The glove box does not line up correctly when closed. The interior noise level is a little high, especially the noise from the trunk area coming into the cabin. Other than that, it's an excellent car, tight build, great mileage, nice looks.

Dash layout. reliability history.

line the trunk!

Excellent Car
By Lina M.

2009 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted to leave this review just let you know it's is very reliable and it is a best car to have. I got into a major accident 2 days ago. I was between 2 cars, I hit 1st car a little, but car behind me didn't hit the brakes and hit me and the 1st car again, but after all it happened Honda Accord was in the best shape of all 3 cars. The front of the car got barely damaged even though it was hit twice, of course the rear end was in bad shape. I have got very little injuries. After all it happened it stayed very stable and saved me.

Reliable and comfortable, speeds up very fast comparing to the size of the engine.

Regret buying this car
By BMVA66

2009 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My husband talked me into buying this car. The car has great power for a 4 cyl, the interior is real nice. Love the wood trim inside; radio has great sound; the seats are very uncomfortable for leather seats. The passenger seat is not power, which I do not like. After driving Cadillacs for 20 years, my husband wanted something more economical on gas and low maintence. Recently we had spent a lot of money on the Cadillac sedan deville 2001, with only 68,400 miles on it. However I was the main driver of the car and loved it. It drove and rode like a dream. It looked new inside and out. It broke my heart trading it in. Honda accord exl 4 cyl is a great car if u like small cars.

my favorite feature is the xm satellite radio, the sunglasses holder, mp3 player charger, 2 cell phone chargers, the exterior is pretty - basque red pearl, heated seats, climate control, ac

smoother ride passenger power seat better quality leather seats

08 EX oil burner
By Art Gopfert

2009 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this in 9/08 and was in the shop constantly. My biggest concern was the oil usage, one qt every 1500 miles. Honda's official response after monitoring its consumption for 3 mo. was "as long as it didn't burn one qt every 1000 miles, it was normal". That's their official response, and that was not coming from the dealer, that was HONDA. Other concerns: one burned out cat converter, (daaa wonder why), 4 tires replaced due to vibration at hwy speeds, never did solve the vibration. 2nd gear syncros not messing without a grind and missed shift. (no it was not my shifting expertise, Honda) I was told by Honda that the oil burning would go away, maybe. Ya, right! I sold this gem 3 mo ago.

• SUV