Used 2009 Honda Accord LX-P Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

BAD CAR!!! BAD BRAKES!!!
By CNASH

2009 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I ABSOLUTELY HATE THAT I EVER PURCHASED THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!! HORRIBLE!!! I had brake issues after 5 months. The back brakes needed to be replaced, which is uncommon. Then I had more brake issues on the front two months after that. They dealership checked my brakes and told me that everything was ok, but they're replacing my driveshaft and axles which absolutely makes no since. I will never by another Honda!!!!

It's comfortable.

BRAKE ISSUES!!!!!!!

Still the Benchmark
By 35Accord

2009 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Accord and they seem to get better with each new model.It's hard to find manual transmission Accords these days, but I located an LX-P and jumped on it. The 5 speed is the best on the planet. Overall there are no surprises and everything works with precision.

Manual tranny, interior layout and quality.

Put better tires on the car from the factory. Standard Dunlops will probably be toast in 40000 miles.

Drivers Seat very uncomfortable
By soreback

2009 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The drivers seat is very uncomfortable, and I didn't really notice this discomfort until after a 30 minute drive. The seat cushion on the bench part of the seat (the part of the seat the fanny sits on) is way too firm. And the front of the bench part of the seat does not tilt down enough to avoid excessive pressure on the underside of the thighs. I will have to have a wedge shaped custom cushion fabricated to solve this problem. I have sat in a 1999 Honda Accord, Nissan Altimas, Toyota Camrys and Mazda 626s, and they all have much more angle adjustment on the bottom seat cushion than the 2008 Accord. Honda needs to go back to the drawing board on their front seat design for the Accord!!!

Car handles ok and looks ok.

Improve front seat comfort!!

Love it.
By cpriest

2009 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car earlier this month and absolutely love it. I did a LOT of research on 2009 sedans (including Camry, Accord, Jetta, and Altima) before deciding on the Accord. The Accord is top-notch As soon as you get in it you feel like you are sitting in a luxury car that should be much more expensive than a Honda. And performance is great! I am very pleased with the car...except for 1 thing---the headlights dim just a bit about every 15-20 seconds when the AC is on. The only reason I noticed it was because I was looking for it (I had read about it in some of the reviews). However, this is not a big enough problem to keep me from loving my car!! Honda's reliability is excellent.

exterior color (Platinum Gray Metallic), interior design, plenty of room, good stereo, steering wheel audio controls, iPod auxiliary jack, smooth ride

the only thing I do not like about the car is the headlight issue but I have a feeling Honda will be coming up with a solution for that very soon.