Where has the Honda of old gone?
By focusfanatic1 on
2008 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I at one time was a die hard Honda fan. I owned a 1991 CRX, and a 1994 Civic. Both were solid dependable cars. I purchased a 2000 Accord new, and it turned out to be a lemon. I mean literally, I received a payout from Honda on a frequent problem. I decided in 2008 to give Honda another chance, after all, my previous cars were great. Should not have done it. I purchased a new 2008 Accord. Problems started with the transmitters having to be replaced, I needed new rear break pads and a new battery before the car hit 30K. The interior is cheap. The vinal on the console arm rest and door arm rest bubbles up when it is warm outside. Never again Honda, I'm going elsewhere.
Favorite Features
None
Suggested Improvements
Stop using cheap materials. Honda is turning into the GM prior to bankruptcy. Live up to your reputation, or you'll lose it over time.
By keara
on 02/18/12 00:04 AM (PST)

As long as people keeping buying Honda because they think it's such a good car, Honda don't care about building their cars with cheap materials. I've learned my lesson.....the hard way. I have the same car....'08 Accord EX. After my experience I will NEVER, EVER buy Honda again. I've been back and forth dozens of times to dealerships (that suck), filed for lemon law twice (lost), dealt with crappy Honda customer service (who really don't give a damn). I have had and still have brake problems, they screech and squeal all the time even after rear pads were replaced, I've replaced the center console twice after it bubbling up as well (I was informed by servicing dealership that lotioned arms against the center console will mess it up), driver's visor fell apart, rear shelf rattles like crazy, driver's seat lumbar went out for no reason, driver's seat track malfunctioned, driver's door lock still makes funny noise, drivers door was fixed due to hollow sound, key transmitter still acts up and works when it wants to, window regulator already replaced (acting up again). I bought it new in '09 and I only have 20k miles on it right now. I still alot of issues because none of the dealerships don't know what they're doing. I've given up and I'm to the point where I wanna just run this darn car off the cliff. Owning this car has become a complete and utter nightmare. I will never buy any Honda again. NEVER.