This One's the Fun Accord
By Linebacker68 on
2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)
I had been looking seriously at getting a slightly-used (2005) 3-Series BMW for my next car. I wanted a nice, sporty every-day driver for under $30K. When my wife and I stopped by the Honda dealer to look at an SUV for her, I saw that they had an '08 blue Accord coupe V6, 6MT. I'm not a fan of the previous Accord coupes, but when I took the '08 for a test drive, I was quite impressed with the nice balance of handling, ride and, of course, the power of that V6 coupled with the manual tranny. After doing some comparison test-drives of other brands, I came back to that 6spd Accord coupe. Honda now has a real mid-size "driver's car."
Favorite Features
It's quite comfortable for my 6'2" frame. Shift throw seems shorter than previous models. The Blue Pearl Metallic is gorgeous. The body styling is a great improvement over previous Accords. Acceleration is brisk with nice low-end power. Nice sound on the premium stereo.
Suggested Improvements
Location of MP3 plug-in (within the console) is somewhat awkward. I could do without the XM. 6spd gearing is a bit short and takes some getting used to vs. my previous 5spd cars. Gas mileage not good so far, but I don't have the break-in miles on it yet to know for sure.