2008 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Spoiled by Hondas

2008 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

Spoiled by Hondas
By Tom B. on

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had an '98 Acura 3.0CL on which I put 175,000 miles. Since Acura no longer makes coupes, I went with the Honda because I've been spoiled. The 3.5 in the Honda is very similar to the 3.0 I had. I loved that engine and it was easy to work on so my choice was easy. So far, I love this engine too although it's different with VCM. Honda says the VCM works seamlessly but my experience is a little different. When it goes to 4 cylinders, you can't feel it. When it goes to 3, you can. When it goes back to 6, you can't feel it unless you're pulling a grade. It's not objectionable and the increase in mpg is worth it (22-23 city, 28-30 hwy). Watch out for a blind spot on the passenger side.

I like the radio because of good but not "boomey" bass. The engine compartment is laid out well with room to work. With 268 HP, the acceleration is there when you need or want it. I like the way you can choose gears, it's more intuitive and you know which gear you're in.

I would have liked more exterior colors to choose from. I like a firm ride but this could be a tad softer. The low profile tires are probably the main reason.