Cost Reduction Design
By fosterphx1 on
2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
Purchased new, now have 85k miles. Experienced all the problems reported (brakes, road noise, cheap interior, rattles, and easily scratched paint). The Navigation system was delivered with very out of date maps, voice recognition is poor (buy a Garmin for $200), and the suspension feels very heavy and loose over rough pavement. Rebuilt the front end at 80k, lost two batteries due to a failing AC pressure relief valve, and the auto AC is not designed for Phoenix weather. (fan never comes on high speed even if cabin >100 degrees). Trunk volume diminished by hinges. Should be designed for struts. Should have dumped this car earlier before the resale value declined.
Favorite Features
Fuel consumption, average 25 to 26 mpg in Phoenix city driving. 29-30 on flat highways at 75 mph. Good power for a 3600 lb vehicle. Automatic transmission a good improvement over my 2004 Accord. Steering feel and response
Suggested Improvements
Just because the yen is strong relative to the dollar, Honda should not have cheapened this flagship model the way they did.
By jezebellejizz
on 01/11/14 13:04 PM (PST)

Wow, yeah......I agree with the gentleman who reported that the 08 Accord paint easily scratches...I've spent thousands over the past 5 years repairing every little scratch and blemish on my black V6 beauty...I've never seen paint scratch so easily....I mean you just stare at the car and a scratch will appear...horrible...everything else about Fonda (as in Fonda the Honda) is wonderful! I'm shocked but no cops ever pulled me over for the past 5 years for having extra double limo tint on EVERY possible window, makes "her" look like a tough baller car, grrrrrr!