2008 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Reliable car

2008 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

EX-L Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Reliable car
By jthunders on

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Reading some of the reviews makes me wonder if I'm just lucky or if it has to do with people driving habits. I bought this car new in 2008, to date no major maintenance has been required. I have driven 70,000 miles and have not done anything other than oil changes and got new tires a month ago. Some people complained about the rattling near the back speakers which is a recall that was rectified when I first bought the car for free. Some complained about the brakes but I havent changed the brakes yet.

It has a roomy interior and its comfortable for long trips. More than anything it is a reliable car which is why I bought it in the first place. This is my second Honda and I couldnt be happier, in the combined 9 years I have owned both cars I have basically just done oil changes, I dont even have a mechanic anymore!

There is a lot of road noise and the sound insulation is not the best. The exterior styling could be improved. A word of advice: don't take your car to the Honda dealer for maintenance, it is a HUGE ripoff.