2008 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Reliable car

2008 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

2008 Honda Accord

LX Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Reliable car
By jthunders on

2008 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Reading some of the reviews makes me wonder if I'm just lucky or if it has to do with people driving habits. I bought this car new in 2008, to date no major maintenance has been required. I have driven 70,000 miles and have not done anything other than oil changes and got new tires a month ago. Some people complained about the rattling near the back speakers which is a recall that was rectified when I first bought the car for free. Some complained about the brakes but I havent changed the brakes yet.

It has a roomy interior and its comfortable for long trips. More than anything it is a reliable car which is why I bought it in the first place. This is my second Honda and I couldnt be happier, in the combined 9 years I have owned both cars I have basically just done oil changes, I dont even have a mechanic anymore!

There is a lot of road noise and the sound insulation is not the best. The exterior styling could be improved. A word of advice: don't take your car to the Honda dealer for maintenance, it is a HUGE ripoff.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review