Never Again!
By defenderman on
2008 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I've owned 17 cars in 30 years so I've driven a few. This is my 5th Honda and my last. I'm going elsewhere. Noisy, gutless, rattles. The brakes were fixed and reimbursed. OEM tires made it 28k miles. Cheap. Glovebox rattles. Cheap. Seats are uncomfortable and thin. Cheap. Cross members under parcel shelf in trunk rattle. Cheap. 5-speed AT pretty much gives up at 55 for power. Pull out to pass in the mountains and the best you get from there is 3rd gear so you may as well be dragging a log behind your car. Looks great. Mileage is okay. The noise! My word the noise! I can't wait to dump this car. 38k miles and it's the worst car I've owned, and I had a '73 Pinto Wagon!
Favorite Features
Exterior looks. Sadly that is it! The rest of it is nothing more than scrap metal and cheap plastic.
Suggested Improvements
Start over Honda. Invest in some quality again. Quit cutting corners and raising prices. Give the entry level 4 cylinder some guts. Fix the glove box rattle. Pad the seats for someone of normal size and weight, not a malnourished 6' tall 88 lb. model. You may have heard of soundproofing... use it. Tell your QC people to quit drinking on the job and evaluate the product. Get back to your roots and make them like you did in '86, which was the best car ever! Oh, and you should probably be taking notes from Hyundai and Cadillac. I'd be happy to be the subject of a commercial showing me handing the keys over to the dealer and driving away in my new CTS-V coupe.
By eec1
on 09/01/11 06:30 AM (PDT)

1) There is are TSBs for the glove box and the rear shelf rattles. Search the web and you can fix yourself. 2) I agree the tires are crap. I have a 2008 EX and I do not need 225/50R17 V rated tires that wears too fast and costs a ton because it gives an extra .1 mpg to the CAFE ratings.