2008 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Great Car So Far

2008 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Review

Great Car So Far
By Ed on

2008 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought the EX-L Coupe in May 2008, our first Honda. We purchased this car for its sporty looks and Honda's reputation for quality and I must say so far we haven't been disappointed. At nearly 34K miles in less than two years we have not had the car to the dealer for anything, period. So far we've had no issues whatsoever including not having had any issues with the rear brakes that a lot of folks have had. Read somewhere that is as much an issue with the front/rear braking ratio, if you have that issue get that checked. 25 mpg general use, 31 mpg highway on long trips. I'm fairly tall at 6'3" and I have plenty of leg room, no room or comfort issues at all.

Fun to drive, love the way the car handles and corners. Plenty of leg room (I'm 6'3"). Head turning looks. Acceptable power and economy with the 2.4 4-cyl engine.

My only real complaint - the tilt steering doesn't tilt down nearly far enough and could telescope out farther as well. Could use a bit more insulation to reduce road noise. Otherwise I'm very happy with this car.
By dnabooks
on 04/30/12 21:08 PM (PDT)

I own a Nighthawk Black Pearl '08 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe (V-6) w/ 6-speed manual. I love this car. Bought it new. Nothing has gone wrong. Starts in extremely cold weather. Front wheel drive is good in the snow. Great mileage. 25 in town; 31 on the highway if I don't speed (which I do because it's fun). No problems with brakes. No problems with anything. Extremely cold air conditioning. A great looking car. Looks a bit like an Infiniti G-37 Coupe. Leather is wearing well. Paint looks good. I get a lot of compliments. People mistake it for a BMW M or an Infiniti. I also test drove an Altima Coupe, which was fine, but not as nice as my car. I can easily and very smoothly get to well over 100 mph on the Interstate. The only flaw that I can think of is that the edges (the rim parts) of the wheels get marred rather easily. My theory is that it happens because of the low profile tires. Let me know what you think.