2008 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Gearbox and Transmission Junky

2008 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

EX-L V-6 Coupe (3.5L V6 6-speed Manual w/Navigation)

Gearbox and Transmission Junky
By Schuyler on

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

When I first received this car 11-2007, I noticed that the it was hard to shift into 3rd gear and would often pop out of 3rd gear and was told at the dealership that this would go away at around 10,000 miles well it did not. So then they replaced the gears and a week later fourth gear went out; thus every time I tried to put it into fourth gear yesterday and it would pop out again along with making a very high pitch sound but was not raising the revs on the tach Meter. Today it made high whining sounds in every gear and I barely made it to the dealership today. The dealer had my car for two days last week and will have my car for 4 days this week, I sure hope Honda can fix this.

Nice interior design and exterior design but new transmission design is needed for the v6 manual this may be the last time I buy a Honda and I have had 2 before this that did not have problems like this.

Honda needs to improve gearbox and transmission on the manual v6 accord coupe before selling it to a customer. When Honda dealers get customers rental cars for loaner cars should be ones that have good crash ratings not a PT cruiser that has 2 out of 5 on crash test for safety of customers