Awesome alternative to BMW/Audi
By cvdood on
2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)
Having been a Honda owner for 10yrs I wanted a change but didn't want to put up with the excessive cost of ownership of the Euro entry-luxe cars. I was going to replace my 4door Accord with the gorgeous Lexus IS350 but found this beauty on the lot and on the very first drive was sold. So much different than the 4door, super sporty, great looks and that engine, revs upto 8000rpm and begs to be driven hard. IMHO this is the only real life alternative to the mustang if you're looking for a sporty coupe with an eye towards your wallet and the resale value when you're ready for something new.
Favorite Features
The screaming engine smooth gear-box ergonomics looks stereo system Fun, reliable alternative to way more expensive European alternatives, this won't break your bank in the process and it's never going to die on you. The seating position is perfect for me, 6' 245lbs. Even if you're taller than me, should fit you.
Suggested Improvements
small little rattlers which are a non-issue for me. typical honda road-noise which I'm going to fix with some sound deadning materials. BT not offered, had to pay $250 extra to get that installed. better materials could have been used for something that was almost $30K new, I didn't buy it new so shouldn't complain but still an area for improvement for Honda. The rattles at low speed should be addressed for a car that's perfect otherwise.
By gotoyota
on 04/29/13 12:59 PM (PDT)

As a fellow 08 Accord EXL V6 6speed owner, i agree that it is a great alternative to some blue blood sports sedans if you are on a budget, but I wanted to point out that while the V6 is nice and buttery smooth (it's not a BMW inline 6 by any means, or even an old Toyota inline six...I miss those) it definitely does not rev to 8k rpms. It has a very abrupt fuel cut off at 6800 rpm and won't even let you flirt with 7k rpm. I think it's one of the creamiest V6's out there. It's great fun to drive as long as you don't expect it to be be a true sports car. Try to drive it like a real sports car and you are quickly reminded it is still a FWD car.