Used 2008 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Good car NOT great.
By p3racer

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is our 4th Honda, maybe our last. Reliability is very good. Our last Accord was 2000 EX-L V6 was fantastic. This 4 cyl is very noisy but cheaper. Radio display panel is a poor design. Very hard to read in daylight. This is a good car but I wish I had gotten a V6. My wife hates the radio display.

Gas Mileage, Reliability

1. Improve radio display panel. 2. Engine/road noise. 3. Boring styling.

It will be gone
By first & last

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first & LAST Honda. The VCM was noticeable soon after purchase and is only getting worse. Yes, I have been to the dealer multiple times and get the standard "normal" or "not noticed" response. The car surges even when on flat roads in cruise. In heavy traffic, it is dangerous. The drivablility is worse than my old cars were 30 years ago. Both front windows rattle as does the rear shelf-- which I padded myself eventually. I guess it was designed to allow even light drizzle to collect on the roof and empty on to the door panel.

It looks nice.

Dump the VCM! I will eagerly trade a few MPG for a reliable response when I need it. Actually test drive your vehicles in real traffic before you unleash them on the public.

Still satisfied
By 08Owner

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Two and a half years into ownership and still no problems. I have not had any of the maligned brake issues. I averaged ~ 27 MPG, mostly highway. Seats could go back a little farther (I'm 6'3") and are a little uncomfortable. V6 performance is not the best, but not bad. VCM is not noticeable. Rear seat headroom is terrific. Visibility is great. The EX-L's stock rims are strange, but not ugly. Auto-tinting rear view mirror is great. Radio and climate controls are not as cluttered as they're made out to be. Have noticed that windshield fluid sprayers tend to freeze in winter (Cleveland winters). The car isn't perfect (what car is?), but with no repairs to speak of how can I complain?

My 3rd Accord and sadly my last
By Rosemary b

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When I purchased my first 4 cyl Accord, the salesperson said the luxury is under the hood. I was coming out of a BMW, which I couldn't afford anymore as my priorities had changed with 2 small boys. Well that car lasted me 12 years and the only reason it died was because my son totaled it. I immediately picked up the phone and called the same salesperson who sold me my 2004 Pilot. In 2 days we picked up our new addition to the family, a 2008 Honda Accord 4 cyl EXL, it was affordable and gorgeous. From the 1st day we drove it out of the dealer, the engine noise was horrible. While driving, there's a loud rumble in the engine and a slight whistle. There's no more room on this post. Terrible car

Honda should fix the problem instead and stop telling us that's just the way the car was engineered, or the way a 4 cyl car runs. Stop with the excuses and fix the problem so there's buyer loyalty. Problem is it would cost them too much to fix the problem.

Great car! Big & nimble!
By Seattle

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Family outgrew our excellent Mazda3. Settled on 4cyl Accord EX-L manual transmission. Unbelievable fuel economy! Got 500 miles out of 1 tank. Who needs a hybrid when this thing gets 33-35 mpg on the hwy! Car is huge, yet drives 'smaller' than it is. Great steering, clutch & shifter. Better fit and finish than our 2004 Pilot by a long shot! No regrets so far! Rear brake issue was researched prior to purchase and has not been a problem (21,000 miles on the car). Car could use a 6th gear but the shifter action is sublime. I have owned several Hondas including 2 S2000's and this is the best one yet.

Room! Road manners. Steering, clutch and shifter are perfect! Amazing fuel economy with decent power from 4 cylinders.Great fit and finish!

Some 'overrun' on the drive-by-wire throttle that takes getting used to. A 6th gear on the manual transmission would be nice as it's too wide of gap between 4th and 5th gear. Some 'coarseness' and tire noise on worn concrete freeways. No Bluetooth or Homelink on a EX-L? Get real Honda!