2008 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Never again...
By Elijah on 03/14/10 21:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My first and last Honda. Rear brake job after 9 months - $180. Seats are most uncomfortable - after 1.5 years of ownership still trying to find a comfortable position. Exterior and interior design is sub par at best. Fuel efficiency is horrible - fill up every 7-9 days - $45 - driving to and from work and school. I am not quite sure what I was thinking when I bought this vehicle. Disappointed. Frustrated. Cannot wait to get rid of.

2008 Accord Rear Brake Issues
By HondaJunk on 03/09/10 11:52 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have enjoyed driving the vehicle until recent quality issue with rear brake pads. At just 15,000 miles, the rear brake pads need replacing. Honda America claims that this is normal for Honda as the Accord has a unique design that shifts the weight of the vehicle to the rear when braking. Thus, 80 - 90% of the braking is done using the rear brakes. Amazing. Has Honda defied the laws of physics?

All Kinds of Problems
By Terrible Car on 03/03/10 10:54 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is the first Honda I have purchased on my own. My entire family owns Hondas but this will be my final Honda due to so many problems. Brakes replaced under 20000k miles rotors turned and replaced under 20000 miles and rear dash replaced. 3 out of 4 door actuators replaced. Heated mirror took 6 trips to fix after they told me I didn't have heated mirrors and I had to prove it. Brakes still squeak a lot and Honda Customer service will not do anything about it. They just say they have not had any recalls when they clearly have issues with the brakes. My parents have a pilot just had their 60k mile service replaced brakes first time and still have not turned rotors. Accord is awful.

Check the oil daily
By Multiple Honda Owner on 03/01/10 11:28 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 9th Honda over the last 28 years. It may be my last. The car is fun to drive, handles nicely, is comfortable and burns a qt of oil per 1000 miles. Honda says this is "in specs". I have never had a Honda that used oil like this before. Because I drive for a living I cannot afford to keep this car. I change oil every 5K. In other words, I add 5 qts of oil between every change. I will trade it for something other than Honda.

Honda Slips
By Boomer on 02/28/10 21:47 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 5th Honda, and sad to say, I like it the least. Is it the only sedan in its price range with no outside temp or mpg display? I was shocked to learn, after purchase, that my new 08 was not as safe as my 04, the 08 only having 3 stars in the rear crash test. The engine is responsive and quick, handling good, design the best Honda ever, but I don't like the thumping noise I hear every time I hit the brakes. Honda says it's normal, I say it's annoying. I am looking for a different car--Legacy? Taurus? Malibu?

Ecessive wind noise and brake issue
By Joseph Lambert on 02/28/10 09:31 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

this is our first Honda car and we are generally pleased with quality, gas mileage, performance, ride and handling. The vehicle is a 2008 Honda EX-P with the 4 cylinder engine. I have two major complaints 1. The wind and cabin noise especially at highway speeds. 2. The brakes had to be totally replaced at 22,000 miles that nobody can explain why this happened. The dealer has been very supportive on the brake issue but seems to be giving us a runaround on the wind noise by claiming it is typical of the 2008 model. Quite frankly, I am very surprised and disappointed that a $25,000 car designed by Honda would be this noisy to the point of not being able to hear a person in back speak.

Give us a "brake" Honda
By Unhappy Pat on 02/23/10 09:55 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned 3 Honda Accords prior to this one, and this one is the most disappointing. Very noisy, fuel mileage not as good, and the rear brakes had to be replaced after one year. I have never had to replace rear brakes on any of my previous Honda's! They without a doubt have a rear brake problem that must be acknowledged and resolved or they will lose owner loyalty - they lost mine. Does Honda want to become the next TOYOTA ?????

Alright Car But Not My Preference
By Zach on 02/18/10 15:53 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This Accord is ok but I would much rather prefer a different car. The acceleration is somewhat on the exhilarating side but is way too loud at least for my taste.Have ridden in cars with more power and they were not nearly as noisy. The ride is good but could be better. The new body style is somewhat sporty but a downgrade from the 2007. The front seats are hard to the max. I like the options that are standard with the EX but still not a big fan of this car. The stereo is also very nice in this car.

First Honda, 3rd Japanese car
By Jesse on 02/17/10 20:18 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I work for ASIANA AIRLINES as a shuttle driver, and bought this as a second car because my shuttle (we use our own cars) is a 2008 GMC YUKON XL, which uses a lot of fuel, and i usually need to drive 1 or 2 people. i drive an average of 3600 miles a week (CT to NY to MA to PA) and this car gets an average of 36 to the gallon! I like the maintenance minder( even though i'm getting oil changes every week) because i sometimes lose track. The Accord has served me well, and now im waiting for it to be traded in because i have 240k miles on it (no lease for me).

My first and last honda
By Mark A. on 02/16/10 19:27 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was my first Honda purchase and it will be my last due to the poor performance of the V-6 variable cylinder management engine. When I bought the car the salesman and the brochure indicates that the VCM will work unnoticed. However after driving the car for awhile now that is not true at all. I complained to the dealer and the service manager indicated that they have had a lot of complaints about that engine. He put me in touch with the Honda Regional representative and he told me the same thing. He also told me that the V-6 engine has been "disappointing". However, Honda won't do anything about it, I'm stuck with it. I will be getting rid of this car this spring.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.