2008 Honda Accord LX-S Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2008 Accord Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Sort Reviews by

Went from S2000 to Accord Cpe V6 w Nav
By Joseph

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I turned in my S2000 for the Accord Coupe V6 w/ Nav and auto trans. I must say the nav is fun to play with, still getting to know all the functions and voice command. The stereo and XM radio is great. The speedo/tach is a little boring compared with the new Civics and S2000, but it's bright and legible at night. There is a faint pull when the cylinders switch from 6 down to "eco" mode, but it's very faint. Ride and handling are great as is the power, though pretty unimpressed with overall fuel economy but at least it doesn't take premium (averaging 23 mpg). But it looks hot, so for me, switching from an S2000 to this was important. People will gawk.

Favorite Features

Navigation, interior illumination, plenty of power, sleek exterior, smooth ride, handles well. Love the XM radio, ability to change navi screen colors. Large trunk, adequate back seats, power up and down windows. Looks great in black. :)

Suggested Improvements

Don't see a point in the ability to turn off cylinders if the fuel economy isn't that great. Needs xenon headlights. Would love paddle shifters. Navi graphics/interface could be better. Get rid of the boring speedo/tach and put something fun like the Civic or S2000.

Wow!
By Aaron J

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I previously owned a 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT. Now that was a fast car but thats about it. This car is a dream from the GAS to the STYLE to the COMFORT. You will not regret your choice I PROMISE.

Favorite Features

XM Radio/Gas Mileage/Exterior/Luxury

Suggested Improvements

18 inch wheels for EX-L

Don't Believe the Negativity
By HondaLover

2008 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have read the reviews. I have nothing bad to say about my car. I bought the Red Coupe 24 hours ago and I have already put 150 miles on it. I read the negativity, I have not any of those issues thus far. There is no noise when driving. There are no blind spots, just use your side mirrors correctly. The plug for my iPhone is in a great place. This is my fourth Honda and my first Accord. I had my last 1993 Honda Civic for 11 years. I was just ready for a upgrade and it was good to me until the last few years. Follow the instructions on how to buy a new car. It really help me get my car only $500 over invoice and 4.9% interest rate. I came in already financed, so I came with buying power.

Favorite Features

The smooth ride, placement of knobs, black interior, power and room interior.

Suggested Improvements

none at this time.

fun car
By cleicht

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was very apprehensive about changing from a 4Runner to a car. I had tons of room in my 4Runner, but I needed something that would get better gas mileage w/o giving up power. No question the V6 is so much fun to drive. After research between the Altima coupe and the Accord. The Accord outshines the Altima in safety alone. The slalom tests that were between these two cars I would have never believed that the Accord would hug the road as best as it does. However, I am not a speed demon or a risk taker, but the sway bar is incredible. I love this car and am very happy to leave my 4runner behind.

Favorite Features

Safety, XM radio, handling, and oh the head turns that I get when I drive this car.

Suggested Improvements

Sturdier bumpers - you can press on them and they push in. Be able to clean the 3rd brake light. I got my windows tinted and the powder is behind it. Drives me crazy.

This Should Have an Acura Badge
By soflorida6MT

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The new Accord coupe, with the V6 and manual transmission reminds me of the departed Acura CL Type-S. The Accord is a great value for the money. It's very comfortable, has pretty much every luxury feature you might want, and is still fun to drive. I will warn you though, that if you drive it like it should be driven, gas mileage isn't the best. I've been averaging around 20 mpg with a city/highway ratio of 70/30. The suspension is definitely firm, but in no way harsh. The V6 is buttery smooth all the way to redline, and it has plenty of pull.

Favorite Features

V6 and 6 speed manual combination, surprisingly good handling, luxury interior.

Suggested Improvements

The audio system plays MP3s and WMAs, but doesn't read the ID tag information. However, it does show the folder and file names, so it's not a total loss. The navigation system has a "direct route" option, and an "easy route" option, but not a "fastest route" option.

First Car
By Mrs. P

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Son just graduated from college and chose this car for his first car purchase. It's a black beauty with comfy leather seats. Interior very high end, exterior very upscale look. I like the coupe style better than sedan. Having previously owned two Lexus vehicles, I think this is a comparable car at a much better price. Also, I'm impressed with all the safety features. Sound system is great too. Now I'm jealous of my son's car, maybe I'll part with my 2001 Subaru Forester and get myself a Honda!!

Favorite Features

Exterior and interior design, sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Chrome door handles.

Love my Honda
By luv my car

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I went from a Mercedes C280 to a Honda Accord, V6 w/navigation. This car is much bigger and has all the bells and whistles. The navigation is worth the money and I love the blue tooth technology being used with my cell phone. Also, love the xm radio. I don't feel like I downgraded at all. Absolutely got a great car, roomy, comfortable, great ride for a nice price. Also, the 2.9% financing was a great deal.

You will love this car
By Dr J

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I drove Camrys, Maximas, Altimas, and Saabs and this car is far and away the number one choice. It is loaded with so many things that make driving fun and it is retails at a reasonable price. The color choices are incredible and the car is a real head turner. In the past, I have owned some top of the line cars but this is quickly becoming my favorite. I feel this is the sleeper in 2008 and can't figure out why I don't see more of these. People who know cars will always comment favorably about the car.

Favorite Features

The VCM, acceleration, braking, handling. The stereo is excellent. The body design is outstanding.

Suggested Improvements

Sport shifting for the automatic, standard side body spoiler (it looks unfinished), and ipod controlled by steering wheel controls.

My first Honda
By Honda's Rock

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Well I bit the bullet and traded my Chevy Tahoe. I thought I was going to cry, I loved that truck!! Until I bought my Honda Accord Coupe, I thought that I would feel claustrophobic after driving a huge SUV for almost 5 years but I didn't, it totally surprised me. I've had it 3 months and absolutely love it. The only complaint is I get 27 mpg, I'd rather have much more but I don't drive far and its almost double of what my Tahoe was. It feels and drives like a luxury auto twice the price, the handling and space for all my gadget is superb!

Favorite Features

I love the tilt/slide moonroof, heated leather seats and stereo with in dash disc changer and last but not least a 4cy engine that reacts like a large 6!

Suggested Improvements

Of course everyone wants better fuel mileage, I'd love to see closer to 40 mpg avg.on the same engine. I know they can do it.

Never thought I'd Buy a Honda
By pbraun

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Debated back and forth between this and the Nissan Altima Coupe. Think I made and excellent choice. The V6 is awesome, and with fairly aggressive driving (80-85 mph on freeway) and decent around town driving I am averaging about 26 mpg. The VCM cylinder technology is awesome, although you can feel it kick down to 3 cylinders when it makes the change, almost like it is changing gears. You get used to it really quick though, it took me a few days. The layout and solid build of this car great, although it could use a little more soundproofing in the wheels wells, when a rock flings up or you are driving in rain it is a little noisy. Overall, I am very happy with my purchase

Favorite Features

XM, Leather, Awesome Stereo, and VCM cylinder technology. 26 MPG average,with plenty of V6 Power!

Suggested Improvements

Is it possible to put CVT tranny in this? That would make it perfect. That was the only thing that kept me looking at the Altima so long, because hey, I have a Murano and I love it!!!