Used 2008 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Best car ever owned
By rickmoitoza

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just got back from a 3000 mile road trip from California to Sandpoint Idaho. The Honda was very comfortable to drive and averaged 32.5 miles per gallon. I have the v6 - manual sticker said 25 hwy, 22 in town... I get 27 in town. This car is the best I have ever owned.

performance and gas mileage

none

Saved A Life - Literally
By Kevin

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

A great car for teens. My brother, an 18 year old, was traveling at 40 mph down a road. Someone ran a stop sign in a large SUV going around 60 mph and they both plowed into each other. Both cars were totaled, but the Honda was so safe that no one inside was injured. The car never had a problem, mechanically or otherwise. It was well priced and drove well. It had a smooth ride and had great pickup. A real head turner. On the inside, it was for the most part comfortable and luxurious. We are going to buy Honda for life because of our excellent experience with the car. It saved a teen's life. When the police arrived, they thought it was fatal. Note: incredibly easy to park.

Navigation, great seats, SAFE, heated seats, and a huge trunk. Amazing speakers too.

Make the passenger seat more movable, and make the car a bit longer for added legroom in the back.

Design Flaw - 2008 Honda Accord
By DBurnes

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Only had the car for 1 year and the rear inner pads and roters needed to be replaced already. I bought the car brand new and now only has 18,000 miles. Honda is NOT doing anything about this known issue problem. If you google "2008 Honda Accord brake problem" you will see a thousand complaints about the defective brake system. Honda should be held responsible for defective brake system. Right rear inner pad wears out around 15,000 miles.

Rear Brake pad nightmare!
By Astounded white girl

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned 4 honda's and have come to rely on the fantastic quality of performance and lack of maintenance issues. I can literally change the oil religiously with a Honda and it will go forever. Not with this latest purchase. I have owned the vehicle for 1 year and 7 months with 21,000 miles and just paid for new rear brake pads! Unbelievable that after only 3...three oil changes, I am replacing brake pads. WOW Honda! I am extremely disappointed that the reliability and quality that I have come to expect from your cars has come to this.

exterior looks and interior comfort.

Rear brake pad design.

Horrible Car
By Rose

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my car in Dec 07' and put 31k since then, all highway miles. At 25k I needed a new wheel bearing which was covered under warranty. At 30k I brought it into the dealer because the check engine light was on. Took the mechanics 2 days to figure out what was wrong with the car. Ended up that I needed a new cylinder in my engine plus a couple spark plugs replaced. The dealer did not have any explanation of why this happened. Thank god that I bought the extended warranty or that would have been a huge bill. Extremely disappointed with this car. I bought it for its reliability and all I have gotten is trips to the dealer to get it fixed. Will never buy this car again.

Nice looking car.

Horrible rattling sound when driving.

• SUV