2008 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Wish I Could Love This Car, But I Don't
By Jeff on 06/16/10 07:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Based on Honda's reputation, I bought this Accord. Initially, I loved it. But, in the two years I've owned it, I have had constant brake problems (car shakes under braking and the brakes wore out early). The dealership replaced the brakes all the way around at no charge. Then I had the A/C leak water all over my feet. The seats are extremely uncomfortable. I dread the thought of long trips in this car. Finally, my biggest complaint is the noises I hear from parts of the car. Honda is known for their build quality but all I do is go from one rattle to the other. The dealership has gotten to know me quite well. As long as I have a warranty, they're going to fix my rattles.

Needs some recalls
By McDewbie on 06/07/10 18:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Accord new off the lot with 2 miles on it. Have had it 2 1/2 years. I'm seeing very similar reviews to my own, only it seems my car has had the symptoms from each of the other reviews. It seems to burn 1-2 quarts of oil between oil changes( and the oil light does not come on to alert me of this), road noise including power steering is obnoxious, it's had to be in the shop for 2 weeks due to some issue with the piston timing within 35,000 miles of owning, brakes are about to need to be changed for the 2nd time. Transmission appears hang in a gear too long when climbing or descending hills. Overall, I bought it for look and reliable name of Honda, but so far I'm unimpressed.

Great Car
By Akaash on 06/03/10 21:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Not a single problem after 2.5 yr, 30K miles. Accord a great balance of handling/ride-quality and power/fuel- economy.

Disappointed
By waikiki on 05/30/10 08:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

At 30,000 miles, heard the brake wear indicator and had to replace the rears. The fronts have several thousand more miles left. The VCM is terrible. The transmission hunts even in cruise control and is jerky and slips often. A danger when you are in heavy traffic. Dealer finds nothing wrong and that Hondas do not have smoothest trans. Both front windows rattle, the road noise is quite noticeable, and rain rolls off the top and right on to the controls. I don't see why people rave about Hondas.

Rear Brake Problem Disappointing
By Tom on 05/20/10 21:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had this Accord since new, and have enjoyed the car very much. However, today at 20k mile service I learned the rear brakes already need replacing. After reading many similar complaints on the web, this is obviously a factory defect as rear brakes shouldn't wear out before the front, and especially not at 20k miles. This is extremely frustrating and disappointing. I bought Honda for quality, and learning this is a known issue for so long without any recall to correct is disappointing as well. Continued loyalty to brand has ended.

Honda Issues
By HoNda Jole on 05/05/10 13:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2008 Honda Accord with non-stop brake issues. Honda will not recall this, maybe after they have issues like Toyota did they will get it together.

The car has been okay so far.
By Hush Mohai on 04/27/10 15:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Everything seems to work fine so far with about 21,000 miles. Except the automatic window button is broken very easily and now just need replacement of the broken hinge that holds the plastic button. Also, the brake squeals at times which has become more frequent and annoying since last week. I am not recommending friends to buy this sedan after I have learned that more newer models will be able to match and outperform this Honda. For example, Sonata will out mpg this Honda. Mazda6 will out corner and out accelerate this Honda. I wish I knew more about mid- size (or more correctly full-size) sedans before buying this Honda. However, so far it is okay.

Great Car So Far
By Ed on 04/23/10 10:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought the EX-L Coupe in May 2008, our first Honda. We purchased this car for its sporty looks and Honda's reputation for quality and I must say so far we haven't been disappointed. At nearly 34K miles in less than two years we have not had the car to the dealer for anything, period. So far we've had no issues whatsoever including not having had any issues with the rear brakes that a lot of folks have had. Read somewhere that is as much an issue with the front/rear braking ratio, if you have that issue get that checked. 25 mpg general use, 31 mpg highway on long trips. I'm fairly tall at 6'3" and I have plenty of leg room, no room or comfort issues at all.

Still satisfied
By 08Owner on 04/22/10 10:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Well, I just went over the two year mark in terms of ownership and all that I can say is that I am still a satisfied Honda owner. I have over 42,000 miles on the car (mostly highway) and have had no major repairs. I have heard a lot of talk about the brake issue and at my last oil change the first inklings that it will bite were felt. It is not really the best car in the snow (Ohio) with the wide tires. It handles amazingly in all other conditions, however. The V6 is not the peppiest out there, but it ain't bad. It is very roomy, to the point that I think it might be a little too big for my liking. Gas mileage is great. In the summer I average around 27 mpg, mostly highway.

Same Problems
By ml8533 on 04/16/10 11:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm speechless to see that everyone is having the same problems as me. I have 30,000 and my wear indicators are making noise. Road noise is horrible, trans slips when it is cold, has used oil since day 1. Seats are hard and uncomfortable, I'm getting close to end of warranty and getting nervous. Why this engine needs to turn 2500 rpm to do 70 mph is hard to understand, I feel like I'm in the daytona 500.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.