Used 2008 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

fun car
By cleicht

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was very apprehensive about changing from a 4Runner to a car. I had tons of room in my 4Runner, but I needed something that would get better gas mileage w/o giving up power. No question the V6 is so much fun to drive. After research between the Altima coupe and the Accord. The Accord outshines the Altima in safety alone. The slalom tests that were between these two cars I would have never believed that the Accord would hug the road as best as it does. However, I am not a speed demon or a risk taker, but the sway bar is incredible. I love this car and am very happy to leave my 4runner behind.

Safety, XM radio, handling, and oh the head turns that I get when I drive this car.

Sturdier bumpers - you can press on them and they push in. Be able to clean the 3rd brake light. I got my windows tinted and the powder is behind it. Drives me crazy.

Buyer's Remorse
By Dolce

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just traded in my 03 Toyota Highlander, which I absolutely adored to buy this Accord. I am so very disappointed with the gas mileage! My Highlander was doing the same! I traded in my beautiful Highlander for a couple of miles less than the Accord. So, for this reason, I'm sick. I traded for better mileage, and this is what I got. Eventually will trade it in for something more fuel efficient, hoping the gas prices won't make it depreciate more. I could kick myself! I miss my baby!!

It's a bland and boring little car. So, it's hard for me to get excited about it...

GAS MILEAGE! Geez, it's a 4cylinder already! It should get better gas mileage!

Grown on me
By ljgbjg

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have the car 6 months. Initially the VCM was horrible - constantly hunting, vibrating, etc. much like others here and as reviewed elsewhere. MPG? Not great - around 25. At 3000 miles it all went away! Have no idea why. VCM hardly noticeable, 30 MPH HWY at 75, 26 at 80, so 75 seems to be a significant speed. Seats are firm but not uncomfortable - very BMW like. You either like them or you don't. Advise anyone considering the L to drive one for awhile if you can - some cannot stand the seats. Check the Edmunds long term test comments - they hate them. Car is now very pleasant and performing as expected. None of the squeaks, rattles or wind noise that others have complained of.

V6 power, stereo w/sub woofer

Better road noise insulation - on some surfaces it is especially bad - cannot even hear the radio, paddle shifter or sport shift on the console for the AT, 6 speed transmission with greater overdrive for even better fuel economy.

Just What I Expected
By Todd K

2008 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I test drove a Camry and a Sonata before deciding on the Accord 4cyl LX - P. The Sonata was not very good with the details. The seat cover was coming out in between the seats. The engine was alright. The Camry was quiet, but that was it. The interior was boring and felt like a 5 year old design. The transmission shift point was hesitant as well. The Accord felt lively, sportier and I felt fit and finish was the best. I'm averaging about 28 mpg so far on 7 fill ups. I like its looks and room as well.

Looks, Handling, Room are all great.

Slightly quieter ride on the free way would be nice but it's pretty good already. I wish bluetooth phone was standard feature.

So far, so good
By keith graham

2008 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Seems to be more roomier than a cambry, but not as sharp looking. Rides with comfort and motor will pick up if you need it. I purchased this vehicle with a lot of research comparing. We got 32 mpg on the highway the next day after we purchase it. It has enough room for me, my wife and my 18 year old son to go on a short trip. I am 6 foot, 225 lbs and I rode in the back seat some and had enough room. I hope I can get a few more mpg after the car breaks in some. The only for sure complaint I have is the seats seems to hurt my back after I drove for a period of time, this may be because I am use to my silverado truck with leather bucket seats. A big person may want to think of this when shopping.

Gas mileage even before the car is broken in good (32 mpg highway) then mixed city and highway (200 miles highway) and (200 miles in town and city) 26.7 mpg! Smooth ride and a family of 4 can go places.car looks pretty sharp inside I think even for being the bottom style

Not sure about the seats comfort , I may be just getting old. Wished it had a direction compass device and temp.outside reading outside. But really overall; so far so good--glad I got it