2008 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Can't Get The Smile Off My Face
By dpmeersman on 10/09/07 03:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I considered many vehicles; test drove a few and "settled" on the Accord EX-L V6. Is it a pure drivers or enthusiast car? No, it's not. Instead it just offers a very solid feel, more then competent acceleration, tons of very comfortable space, great sounding audio, decent fuel economy and handles more Germanic then Japanese. It brings a smile when I look at it parked, and the smile only widens as I move down the road. Visually appealing, great tactile feel from all that you touch in the cabin, and if your right foot develops an attitude, you'll find both what’s under the hood and all the chassis components more then up to the task of keeping that smile in place.

Nice as a BMW 3 Series
By mhunt2000 on 10/08/07 07:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased my 2008 Honda Accord V6 this past weekend. As a previous BMW owner i was extremely impressed with Honda's finished product. The new Accord shares some design cues with BMW on the sides, trunk, and front headlights. The fit and finish are top- notch, and the performance is good as well. I dont think im going to miss my BMW.

Fly the Coupe
By BR549 on 10/06/07 20:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I gave my 2000 Accord Coupe to my daughter with 196,000 on it and with only 200 miles on the 08 Coupe and I love it. It's the first car I bought sight unseen and no test drive. I knew I was going to get it when Honda first previewd the concept at the Detroit show in Jan. I was a bit apprehensive wrt the VCM and the new polished metal metalic color. The color is awesome looking good in all light environments, but especially at night. I'm surprised how much the VCM kicks in. I know I can milk mileage with my driving style and requirements. Going from 200 hp & 16" whells to 268 hp and 18" wheels is a huge difference in handling. Cockpit/Cabin looks great at night. Looking forward to it.

Everything I expected
By Econ1 on 10/05/07 18:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After 12 years of a BMW 3-series convertible, I looked for something with the same excellent driving characteristics and handling. I do not drive 10/10ths, but enjoy responsive handling and a decent compromise between comfort and firmness. This is it. 3-series BMWs have very little, if anything, to offer for someone like me over this car. It has great cornering, excellent acceleration, and a great interior. I personally love the exterior styling - YMMV. I expected to miss the touch screen navi that we've had for 4 years on our Acuras, but I'm even happier with the new model -- seems to do a much better job of speech recognition than our 2006 MDX. I couldn't be happier with it.

Impressed
By Bug4 on 10/05/07 13:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Picked up my silver EX-L with black leather and a spoiler last weekend. I love it! I'm a fan of the exterior styling, but what most impresses me is the interior and the way the car drives. The interior's design, looks and quality have grown on me since I first drove the car. The automatic transmission is smooth and very predictable. I hate auto trannys, but think I'm going to be able to live with this one. I love the responsiveness of the throttle. The car's handling is very competent and even a little sporty when you push it. After looking at almost every car on the market under $35k, I think this is the best bang for the buck - certainly not perfect-but a very nice car for the money!

Best Honda Yet
By Honda5101 on 10/04/07 09:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This new Accord is absolutely amazing! The ride is great, the noise level is low, the features are ergonomic, everything is perfect. This is without a doubt the number one car in the segment!

Everything I expected from Honda!
By HondaSC on 10/03/07 01:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Waited until this car was released to purchase new car. Was considering Lexus IS350, Acura TL, and Toyota Camry. This car was so impressive that I am glad we waited. We were a little leary of the Toyota engines since we already own a 1998 Lexus ES300 and have had engine sludge problems that seem to doom several of the Toyota V6 engines. Very impressed with the added room with the new body style and the power of the new 3.5 L engine is a nice step up for Honda. Was curious to test the VCM to see if it was noticeable but was very impressed with its ability to drop and add the cylinders as needed without notice to the driver or passengers. Very impressed with this car!

Sure enough, its a Honda!
By Bug on 09/27/07 13:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The styling is not perfect, but this car has style (even if you hate it). The interior finish is acceptable for the price range and durable. I dislike the number of buttons on the center console, but find them well-placed and logical. I'm 6' and find the front seats to be very comfortable. I dislike pleaded leather; it looks great, but tends to crease. The wire throttle is incredibly responsive, the brakes predictable and the auto transmission is flawless. The 4cyl. engine feels much more powerful than in the 08 Camry and I find the shift points to be more appropriate. Handling is sporty, not racy, but much more responsive than the Camry. I bought mine below MSRP

Best Accord Ever
By Westies96 on 09/26/07 07:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is the BEST! It is real comfortable, holds the road well, and has great pick up. I purchased a Polished Metal Metallic color with gray leather inside. Since I've gotten it, I have been stopped by many people asking if it was the new Accord. Some say it looks like an Acura RL, others say that it looks like a BMW. Whatever it looks like I am happy that I purchased it. The feel of driving in the car is great. I look forward to driving trips to the grocery store. The car gives the ride of a much more expensive car. The interior is appointed very nicely.

08 Accord EX-L V-6 Review
By meho1 on 09/25/07 12:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

As a former owner of a BMW 325 and and X5 I was skeptical that the new Accord would have much to offer particularly when my wife's 05 and sister-in-law's 07 Accords were to me, fairly boring. I was not overly impressed with the early photos I saw of this vehicle online either. However, once I was in the V6 version (the 4 is a dog) that all changed. It looks sharp, seems much larger than it looks, is quick, and handles like a dream. It is right on par with my old 325. I passed on the nav system as it is no longer a touch screen and is far more difficult to use than last year's version. Very solid build. Richer interior than past Accords. Little road noise even with 17 inch wheels.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.