Used 2008 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 778 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

As good as it gets.
By cgyfireman

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

What a nice car. Fun to drive, lots of power, smooth and a great interior. Haven't noticed any problem with the vcm as reported by some. Initial gas mileage looks good too. I do find the lumbar on the driver's seat a bit uncomfortable though. Not sure if I will get used to it in time, hope so. So far a great car, looking forward to many years of Honda reliability.

Exterior looks, interior layout. Smooth powerful v-6 engine, great brakes and nice ride. Sound system is very good.

Softer lumbar support on driver's seat. Bluetooth would be nice for non-navi models. Trip computer should be added.

Terrible gas mileage
By working mom

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Don't buy this car if you want good gas mileage. I have a V-6 with Variable Cylinder Management which is supposed to let the car run on 3,4 or 6 cylinders, as needed, to improve mileage. I make a point of running in the "ECO" mode (which is car's indicator of using <6 cylinders) more often than not and drive 1/2 freeway without stop-n-go traffic, and 1/2 city on each tank - I only get 20 mpg. My BMW 530i got better mileage.

Driver's seat adjusts well for tall driver. Plenty of interior room.

Improve gas mileage. Need air/heat vents in rear. Sun visor doesn't go all the way across to adequately block sun.

Don't Believe the Negativity
By HondaLover

2008 Honda Accord LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have read the reviews. I have nothing bad to say about my car. I bought the Red Coupe 24 hours ago and I have already put 150 miles on it. I read the negativity, I have not any of those issues thus far. There is no noise when driving. There are no blind spots, just use your side mirrors correctly. The plug for my iPhone is in a great place. This is my fourth Honda and my first Accord. I had my last 1993 Honda Civic for 11 years. I was just ready for a upgrade and it was good to me until the last few years. Follow the instructions on how to buy a new car. It really help me get my car only $500 over invoice and 4.9% interest rate. I came in already financed, so I came with buying power.

The smooth ride, placement of knobs, black interior, power and room interior.

none at this time.

no more honda
By jacek

2008 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Not as good as was the 2000 Accord. After 9,000 miles noise in the engine. Keyless entry not working. Don't like Honda no more no more no more

2008 Honda Accord Sedan LXP Review
By Daniel

2008 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Honda. I had an old Camry and i love this new car. It is fun to drive, I love the color, it has great features, the sound system is nice, the power is perfect and the gas mileage is great!

Look from front, power, interior space.

Auto lights, sound system could be better, trunk space, look from back should resemble the 2008 Maxima-sporty!