2008 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Wow
By tarheel03 on 10/16/07 18:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased an 08 EX coupe a couple of weeks ago. It has been great. The car has great response and power for a 4 I really can't say enough about it. It came down to the Accord vs. Altima for me. The Altima coupe was a lot smaller and with its CVT you couldn't really enjoy driving if you know what I mean. The Accord coupe seems more next gen to me as well. I have been stopped with people telling me it looks like a BMW 6 series from the side. I didn't really like the back but it has grown on me. If I could improve anything it would probably be the audio system, and I even got the upgraded audio. They need to talk to BOSE or Infinity to partner with them for the sound systems.

08 Accord EX-L V6
By JTC on 10/16/07 09:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best car I have ever purchased. I have had several people ask me what model BMW it was. The ride is very comfortable. The variable cylinder management is smooth and flawless.

Fabulous!
By mamavm on 10/16/07 09:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I picked up my new Accord EX V-6 Sedan four days ago, so I don't have feedback yet on reliability or long- term quality. But, it is fabulous to drive. It's comfortable, interior features are well thought out, there's a lot of hp under the hood and simply glides down the road. This is the "funnest" car I have ever owned. Prior to this purchase, I test drove every 4-dr sedan, from economy to luxury. This Accord has no close competitors. I'm hopeful that as time passes it proves its long-term reliability and mpg reputation. So far, so good.

Quality
By D.Reta on 10/15/07 21:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third Honda and the best so far. They just keep getting better and better. A little pricer that before, but I guess everything is. Quality is top of the line.

2008 Accord, what a car!
By mcpdjohn on 10/14/07 09:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I spent a long, long time researching and reviewing the cars available to meet my needs of a family sedan. I considered many makes and models, both foreign and domestic. Based on my particular needs and taste, the 08 Accord won hands down. I have had the car for only 3 days and driven it about 200 miles. It is a truly remarkable vehicle. The V6 is so smooth and powerful, with no perceptible change as the motor switches back and forth between running on 6, 4, or 3 cylinders. The ride and handling are outstanding. The ivory leather interior is outstanding. The dash is very impressive with the burl wood trim. The quality is so high, I haven't heard one squeak or rattle. I love it!

I like my Accord
By jans57 on 10/12/07 11:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Nice, quiet ride with lots of zip. Love the dark red color. No problems yet after 700 miles. This is my 4th Honda Accord and it is the best of the bunch. Styling is great, love the extra room.

As Close To Perfection As Possible
By KUMARSYNC on 10/11/07 23:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was shopping for a nice fuel efficient midsize and looked at Camry, Altima, and Accord. The super-large 08 Accord was a no-brainer. It seems to be inspired by the $53k Acura RL w/it's massive size and well placed and engineered controls. I can't think of a single bad thing to say about this car. It handles excellent, has a rump shaken sound system, plenty of power even from it's I-4 and looks to die for. This car is worth every penny and more.

Nice car
By royalty on 10/09/07 14:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Traded a 2007 Azera Limited in on 2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L with nav. Black exterior and black interior are gorgeous. Get tons of compliments on the car. So far quite pleased. I am sure the V6 would have been a lot faster but with the price of gas I am happy with the 190HP 4cyl. Not a rocket but still fairly quick. The stereo is excellent. Nav works well. Comfy seats. Very good ride and handling - much better than the 2007 models. The only complaint I have is the intrusive headrest which Honda needs to improve. Hyundai has a front-to-back adjustable headrest that ratchets to the position most comfortable for each rider and it is the only item superior to that in the Honda.

Honda Gets It Right
By Va CubsFan on 10/09/07 05:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Honda really got it all right with the 2008 Accord. From the interior finishes to the flawless way the V6 engine moves from 6 to 3 to 4 back to 6 cylinder operation. This vehicle has all the pep to move with the best of them on the interstate and still provide the gas mileage we need with high prices at the pump. Honda seems to have thought of everything by packing the Accord with every imaginable feature including XM radio that the Toyota dealer wanted $700 for to install in a new Camry I have driven the Accord on an interstate and the acceleration to merge was immediate without the hesitation I found when test driving a Camry 6 cylinder. 2008 Car of the Year!

Can't Get The Smile Off My Face
By dpmeersman on 10/09/07 03:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I considered many vehicles; test drove a few and "settled" on the Accord EX-L V6. Is it a pure drivers or enthusiast car? No, it's not. Instead it just offers a very solid feel, more then competent acceleration, tons of very comfortable space, great sounding audio, decent fuel economy and handles more Germanic then Japanese. It brings a smile when I look at it parked, and the smile only widens as I move down the road. Visually appealing, great tactile feel from all that you touch in the cabin, and if your right foot develops an attitude, you'll find both whatÂ’s under the hood and all the chassis components more then up to the task of keeping that smile in place.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Honda Accord in VA is:

$122 per month*