Used 2008 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great Car!
By SHigh

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the Accord 4DR EX-L V6 without nav 3 months ago and I have been very pleased! So far, I have averaged 25-27 mpg, driving around town. Haven't taken a road trip yet, but am pretty sure it would be even better on the highway. The VCM is obviously working. It is very comfortable, easy to drive and park. LOADS of trunk space, too. Plenty of room for backseat passengers, as well. I have owned 3 other Accords before this one and this is my fav, by far. Only 2 things could make it better; memory seats and a smoother shifting transmission. I can really feel it shift gears and wasn't expecting that. Not horrible, just takes a little getting used to.

Favorite Features

Great fuel mileage and love the XM radio. I picked this one because I could get it in White Diamond Pearl. It is a gorgeous paint color. Dealer added fine pin strips, really catches people's eyes. Also like the ECO light that will come on to let you know when it is getting the best fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Would really have liked memory seats. I have had them in many other vehicles for years and was surprised and disappointed to find them not included in this otherwise wonderful car. Also, I have the 5 spd auto and I find, like some other reviews I have read, that it shifts a bit awkwardly.

Great car!
By dee

2008 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased the Accord Ex about 3 weeks ago & love it. I went from a mid-size suv & am happy with my decision. The car rides & handles great, with awesome power from a 4 cyl, 190 hp. Gas mileage is wonderful, 1st tank 26 mpg with almost all city driving. Looked at Camry (overpriced for the features I wanted) & Altima (no traction control, no bendable side mirrors, not as many features for the price of the Accord). Accord is very roomy. Also Honda was offering 0.9% financing! I would recommend this car for great value, comfort, & fun to drive!

Favorite Features

Great stock stereo with 6 disc cd changer, auto up/down driver & passenger windows, heated side mirrors, sunroof, remote can open windows & sunroof. Power seat & lumbar. Love the polished metal color.

Suggested Improvements

none

Best value for the money
By Yo from Michigan

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After researching several sedans in this category, I zeroed in on Accord. overall I am a happy camper. In the first two weeks of my driving, I averaged around 29MPG in mixed driving conditions. not bad for a big car. I would guess around 33 in pure highway driving. The interior room is enormous. All the safety features are standard in all Accords unlike Toyota where you have to pay for some. I selected EX-L, since I wanted leather, premium audio, dual climatic control and heated mirrors. these features were once the holy grail of luxury cars. 190 HP engine is a good compromise for performance and fuel economy. My biggest gripe on this car is the road noise. Honda can do much better with this

Favorite Features

Excellent Audio system, Dual climatic control, Moonroof, Interiors room, head turning exterior look, visibility, XM satellite radio, automatic daytime headlights, sporty drive

Suggested Improvements

Road noise, road noise and road noise Provide option for built-in bluetooth, instead of having to purchase $2000 navigation system

Great Car- Poor Electronic Design!
By dimone

2008 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Honda since the 90's, and I am satisfied with it so far. The only issue I have is due to a poor design in the charging system that causes the headlights to dim when the A/C cycles on. It's only for a split second, but happens about every 20 seconds in the summer-time. This is simply annoying, and makes me have some doubt as to Honda engineering's quality. The dealerships' service depts are well aware of the issue, and so far Honda has not posted a resolution. The dealers are anxious to get a bulletin for repair because it is a profit generator for the service departments! I filed this complaint with the NTHSA, so for now we'll "wait and see" if Honda makes it right.

Favorite Features

Dash board and control layouts are easy to see and use. Car handles like a dream, and has great acceleration for a 4 cyl. Trunk is very roomy, and the pass through feature is great for carrying longer items that won't fit in the trunk. Headroom and backseat are spacious. Solid body design and const.

Suggested Improvements

Re-design ELD (electronic load detector) system to supply enough voltage IMMEDIATELY when high drain features (like A/C unit) kick in.

fun car
By cleicht

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was very apprehensive about changing from a 4Runner to a car. I had tons of room in my 4Runner, but I needed something that would get better gas mileage w/o giving up power. No question the V6 is so much fun to drive. After research between the Altima coupe and the Accord. The Accord outshines the Altima in safety alone. The slalom tests that were between these two cars I would have never believed that the Accord would hug the road as best as it does. However, I am not a speed demon or a risk taker, but the sway bar is incredible. I love this car and am very happy to leave my 4runner behind.

Favorite Features

Safety, XM radio, handling, and oh the head turns that I get when I drive this car.

Suggested Improvements

Sturdier bumpers - you can press on them and they push in. Be able to clean the 3rd brake light. I got my windows tinted and the powder is behind it. Drives me crazy.