2008 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Sporty coupe that holds it own
By Accordguy0325 on 10/28/07 09:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2008 Accord coupe automatic in EX trim a couple days ago and am quite satisfied. The styling is incredible, it is put together well, rides/handles well, is pretty quiet, and overall seems very solid. The steering is excellent, provides good feedback and this car is fun to drive (although may be more fun with a manual transmission). I traded in a 2003 Accord LX sedan and must say- the 2008 Accord with the 190 horsepower engine is a nice improvement. I would definitely reccomend the Accord 2 door to anyone looking for a sporty car that will be virtually flawless in reliability, and retain a good portion of its value down the road.

A slightly different perspective
By Matt on 10/27/07 22:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I decided to purchase a new car, because I was putting over 20,000 miles a year on a Dodge Ram 1500. I decided on the Accord after looking carefully at the Passat and Legacy. While I would have prefered to get a Passat, I could not find a 2007 Package 2 with a Manual, and the 2008s were not available with the manual and a sunroof. Compared to my mom's 2000 Camry V6, the I4 manual Accord has more than adequate power, though it's not a barn burner. The clutch is easy to modulate, the trans shifts well, but my 2-3 synchronizer is out of adjustment. The interior quality is good, though the gaps between the doors and dash are a little wider than the Camry. Great exterior styling, huge interior.

Great but disappointing
By wfpalacio on 10/27/07 22:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Honda Accord EX-L 4cyl Auto is my first Honda purchase. Enjoyable to drive, fuel economic, and handles well. I have been driving it for 2 weeks now. 1 week within ownership my driver side mirror started with a quarter inch crack that grew to 3 inches. I showed it to the dealer, they are quick to believe that an object hit it or somebody bumped it and is not covered by any warranty, however no scratch, starring, or chipping indicating foreign object hit or bump. The explanation is hard to believe leading me to believe that Honda uses substandard parts, I wonder what part will break next. I chose Honda over Volvo S60 because of reviews and over all cheaper. Now, I got substandard cheap.

Better Then a Bimmer
By Happy Honda on 10/27/07 18:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I are blown away. Honda went for the jugular with this design. Black with tan interior is very classy. This car is quick, luxurious, feature rich, and handles like a dream. All with the comfort and price of Honda reliability. The Camry is boring compared to this car. The Lexus ES350 is 10K+ more for less car. Parked next to a 328i, not even close, the Accord just looks better. I can't believe, but it's true. Haven't been this excited over a car in such a long time. Its a little painful paying a few thousand more for a loaded 6 cly, but once you do, your will not regret it. The car will holds its value, and you'll have lots of fun. Amazing. Fast. Luxurious.

Cool Car and Best Value
By Ram on 10/26/07 19:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I got this few days back, fun to drive and great car with great value. I like the color but interior color bit not matching with exterior. Very good fuel economy and lot of space inside.

Excellent vehicle
By LM on 10/24/07 06:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased to replace 2007 Nissan Maxima, also test drove 2007 Camry V6SLE which was very comparable. Honda feels more solid & I prefer styling (although that is very subjective). Now have 3,200 miles with no problems of any kind. Mileage on 1800 mile trip 28.2 driving 65 to 75 mph in fairly heavy interstate traffic. High of 31 on one slower segment. Like the XM radio and related controls as well as the dual mode automatic air conditioning. Very comfortable and roomy front seats for long trip. Very satisfied with this car.

Nice Ride
By Steve on 10/21/07 19:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Picked up the 08 LX-P auto. Overall real happy with purchase. Few complaints: active headrest is annoying as it keeps creeping up touching my head (have to do something about that, hopefully fix is on the way), no seat memory and rain pours in on the door armrest switches when window is slightly open while driving (door visors should help). Very stylish inside and out, lots of room (I'm 6'4" with plenty of room all around including rear seat). Confident handling and rides very nice.

Another Honda, another great car
By wronskain on 10/18/07 12:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 5th Honda and my second Accord. My previous Accord was a 2004 6cyl coupe and I loved it. Traded it for a new 2006 Civic sedan (as we had our firrst child) with navigation and I enjoyed that car as well. I love the new size and the body shape of the 08. The interior is well thought out (like all Hondas) and the new non-touchscreen nav took a couple of days to get the hang of (the Civic had touch screen interface) but now I prefer it. Audio system is fantastic (get the subwoofer). VCM is completely transparent. I never hesitate recommending a Honda.

Awesome But Not Perfect
By DaGuy on 10/17/07 19:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a 1999 Volvo S80 for the new 2008 Accord EX-L V6 w/Nav. The new Accord is impressive in quite a few areas: cabin size, powerful V6, fantastic (truly fun and easy) technology package, handles great despite the fact that it leans a bit too much on aggressive curve handling. My Volvo had a turbo V6, I don't miss it one bit. The Accord engine delivers ample power. It's hard to imagine but the new Accord is actually the same size & weight of my S80 but handles like a smaller sports car. Bottom line, If you can't afford a 40K+ unreliable luxury car then this is a fantastic choice.

Very Nice Car from Honda
By garyw463 on 10/17/07 07:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My first Honda Accord and I like the car very much. The car feels solid and is comfortable, especially on the highway. I especially like the room in the car, the headroom and legroom is incredible.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.