Used 2008 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 778 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Beware Dimming Headlights
By JCLARO

2008 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After having the car for 1 week I drove fro an extended period at night. The headlights and taillights flicker every 30 or so seconds when the A/C kicks in at all speeds. Not only is this very annoying but also dangerous due possible road rage from drivers thinking you are flashing them or from a trucker passing you thinking that it's clear by the flicker from the headlights not to mention problems associated with the taillights flickering. Called Dealership and while they are helpful Honda says that this is normal even though they are working on a fix. Honda has been aware of this and still no fix they say it's "normal" because all the 4cyl do this.

Exterior style and interior room

Headlights that do not flicker, better interior quality, more like a cheap car than a Honda

great car
By jim stevenson

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is the second Honda Accord I have owned and I have had the best all around service from these cars. I will not buy anything else.

sound system, tires, wheels

none

Awesome ride
By Louis

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Awesome car, couldn't be happier with my purchase. Gets great gas mileage, I mostly drive city and I am currently receiving 25.5 mpg. Have the car a short time and have received many complements. Would buy this car over and over again!

Everything!

Nothing

Awesome ride EX-L V6 5AT
By Fz6biker

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This Car is a Pleasure to drive from day 1. I have the diamond white pearl which is awesome with the tan interior. I just love the VCM makes the car give great mileage. It's the roomiest Accord I have ever had. Its the most comfortable Accord I have had. I have only one complaint that is the Road noise that I get from this and all the accords I have owned since 1997.

VCM, 270 watt 8 speaker audio system w/ 6 cd changer, VSA

The car has a pretty big blind spot on the rear passenger side. ROAD NOISE Honda are you listening.

Long Term Tested
By SJP

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am an avid car lover. Been researching cars for over 30-yrs. I did my homework before buying this car. Looked at everything: Camry, Altima, TSX, etc. This was the best value for the money, and thought that Honda's known reliability and resale would be a benefit. Went with the top- of-the line L, paid just under 30K. After over 30K miles not so pleased with my purchase. Brakes are the worst of any car I have owned, undersized and prone to excessive wear. Had to bring back to dealer for new Routers at 10K. Check engine light has come on twice already, each time resulting in a major repair. Fuel economy in the V- 6 is nowhere near the estimate on the sticker. Getting only 22 mpg. on average.

Technology pkg. - great navi, although needs to be able to route using the quickest method. Hands free link for cellular phones.

Hard seats, very cheap plastics in the interior, total lack of sound insulation. Audio systems in Honda's are perhaps the industry worst, and the Accord is no exception. No power, no fidelity, and high price of admission. Push-button start. HID headlights. Real ipod integration, not just line-in.