Used 2008 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great!!
By uncrichmond

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had this car about 2 years now and am at 55k miles. This car is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. I do a ton of driving for my job and can get up to 34 mpg driving on the hwy. You can't beat that with a car that looks and performs like the 2dr accord. The only maintenance I've had outside of oil changes and tire rotations is having to replace the rear break pads at 52k. I can't say enough about this car, if you are looking for a dependable good looking car, get the accord, you wont be disappointed.

Favorite Features

love the styling, comfortable seats, great MPG, good audio system, low cost to maintain

Suggested Improvements

It would have been nice if they put HID's for the front headlights.

Fun and Looks Nice
By jcross

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my fourth Accord and Honda got most of it right. My 2008 190 HP EX-L Coupe is perfect for around town and short trips. The high end sound system is very good. Fit and finish and ergonomics are as you would expect from a Honda, very good. This Accord has more road noise than I like and the seats tend to be hard, unlike my other Accords. The V6 would be a better choice for folks that go on long road trips, have longer commutes or do allot of freeway driving. The rear brakes had to be serviced at 20k miles. Honda acknowledged that this was an issue and pro rated the fix. The Clear Coat may be an issue as it was on earlier Accords. Fuel mileage has been less than expected.

Favorite Features

The car is fun to drive and I like the overall look and design. The high end sound system is great even though all the buttons may turn some people off.

Suggested Improvements

Make the bluetooth hands free option available to those of us who don't want the Navigation System. Use softer or a memory foam in the seats. The seat belt placement makes it had to reach and secure the seat belt once your in the vehicle. Ditch the silly little spoiler on the V6 models.

Great Car - Bad Brakes
By Omar

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is great in all aspects except for the brakes. I have replaced the brakes in less than 35K miles.

Favorite Features

Motor power and interior comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Change the brakes system.

Best car ever owned
By rickmoitoza

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just got back from a 3000 mile road trip from California to Sandpoint Idaho. The Honda was very comfortable to drive and averaged 32.5 miles per gallon. I have the v6 - manual sticker said 25 hwy, 22 in town... I get 27 in town. This car is the best I have ever owned.

Favorite Features

performance and gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

none

Saved A Life - Literally
By Kevin

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

A great car for teens. My brother, an 18 year old, was traveling at 40 mph down a road. Someone ran a stop sign in a large SUV going around 60 mph and they both plowed into each other. Both cars were totaled, but the Honda was so safe that no one inside was injured. The car never had a problem, mechanically or otherwise. It was well priced and drove well. It had a smooth ride and had great pickup. A real head turner. On the inside, it was for the most part comfortable and luxurious. We are going to buy Honda for life because of our excellent experience with the car. It saved a teen's life. When the police arrived, they thought it was fatal. Note: incredibly easy to park.

Favorite Features

Navigation, great seats, SAFE, heated seats, and a huge trunk. Amazing speakers too.

Suggested Improvements

Make the passenger seat more movable, and make the car a bit longer for added legroom in the back.