2008 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews 7

2008 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Head turner on a budget
By YguY on 08/29/08 19:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Nice exterior design that is a great parallel to the Civic coupe. Can't go anywhere without drawing stares, big smiles, and being constantly asked "wow, what is that"? (must confess I removed all badging, did mild window tint . So only the grill emblem gives it away and most look at the whole picture). After 12,000 miles, 24.6 mpg overall avg. With 30.3 mpg as consistent full tank highway mileage. This has been a terrific driver with no functional or quality issues. Only needs to add drivers seat memory, 2-tone perforated leather, xenons, rear seat interior illumination mounted under front seats, and better tilt. Lose the cheap automatic shifter . This is not 1980! Awesome coupe

Almost what I expected.
By Blake on 08/27/08 16:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle thinking that I was going to get a solid, well-built car. For the most part I did with the exception of noisy, squeaky brakes and rattling behind the back speakers. The car drives great and gets better gas mileage than my 2000 Lincoln LS V8. I did take a 3 hour trip in it and my back started hurting 2 hours in. I'm only 22! Dealership experience has been pleasant and the car has a great sound system. Overall, I am happy with my purchase. It looks great, handles well, and gets good gas mileage. I avg about 25 mpg.

Review @ 18k Miles
By Matt on 08/25/08 12:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

So after 18k miles my review still doesn't get any better. The gas mileage has improved from 18MPG to 21 but that still is not good. I currently need new brakes (front & back) which i've never had to get brakes before 30k miles. I do not have a heavy foot for braking. The vibration between 60-70 MPH still exists. Acceleration seems to be getting weaker and weaker. Road noise in the beginning was bad now it's even worse.

Great all around car
By Juan on 08/18/08 23:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this car for about 5 months now and it's a pretty nice car. It has decent speed with a really smooth motor. I don't really feel the VCM kicking in for the most part, so I really don't mind it. Gas mileage has been a bit disappointing, but it has been improving. I've averaged about 23.5 mpg, but was expecting much better with the VCM technology. Ride and handling are great. I'm still getting use to the "bigness" of this vehicle as I still sometimes feel like it is just too big for a coupe. Nav has been very useful, but at times has trouble finding everyday stuff like a Costco. Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the vehicle.

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 4 cyl
By mark ogle on 08/17/08 18:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have had my Accord coupe for a week and it gets a thumbs-up thus far! Traded in my 99 Mustang GT convertible as I changed jobs and needed a more practical commuter car. This a good choice if (like me) you need an affordable and comfortable commuting vehicle but hate the idea of a boring boxy sedan. The Accord Coupe is stylish and sporty. Thought about the V6 but the 190-horsepower base engine has plenty of power for normal driving and passing.

My first Honda
By Bruce - FL on 08/15/08 11:24 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 2008 Accord is the first Honda I've ever owned. This is one great automobile. the fit and finish is unmatched. not a single item needed post purchase service or attention. The engine and transmission is the smoothest unless compared with a vehicle costing $20k more. the variable cylinder management changes to 4 cyl when not under load, this helps with fuel mileage. I highly recommend the Honda Accord.

Quite A Car For The $$$
By Burt on 08/14/08 13:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had a 2004 Acura TL and traded for a 2008 coupe and couldn't be happier. Looks great inside and out and I feel a real competitor to the Infiniti G37 at thousands less. Spend a lot of time on the road and the car is never boring to drive in city or highway. Great performance and handling make this a real Winner!

The coupe should have worn an Acura badge
By GilTibo on 08/09/08 16:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

OK, compared to some cars, it may seem underpowered, but the reward comes at the fuel pump. Fun is still a standard feature with the Manual Transmission. Absolutely no regrets here. Got my Acura CL without the high price...

not the best
By gswcs on 08/07/08 19:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

great looking car but worse car i have ever owned. day 2 car leaked oil crank shaft seals were leaking = in honda shop for 3 weeksin july, now car has been in the shop for the past 6 days replacing steering rack. will trade out of car as soon as its out of the honda shop. VCM/ECO=constant surging on the highway even with cruise control on. averaging 20.7mpg combined

Great Car
By Angela on 08/07/08 06:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just traded in my 2007 Jeep GC, for this car. I love it so much, it was a great purchase. The car is getting great gas mileage (28 mpg) even though I have only been driving it 2 weeks. I expect it to break in about 3 months. I find that the features of the car are super nice for a low-end model. Daytime running lights, rain sensing wipers, Text display radio w/MP3, steering wheel controls, AUX input. Most of these I did not even get on my $30K Jeep. Maybe i am used to driving a 6-cyl, but this car is fast from 0-60 for just a 4-cyl. Great speed in 2nd and 3rd gear. Only downside so far was the wheels. I plan to buy some nice rims in the spring.