Used 2008 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Step it up Honda
By fab82

2008 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Where do I begin? Aside f/my 08 Accord, I also own an 02 accord coupe. My old accord drives better, is quieter, and the interior appears sleeker. I am a tad bit disappointed in the 08 model. The paint used on this model is extra cheap, for a vehicle that has been garage kept I shouldn't be seeing rust where the paint has chipped away. The paint shouldn't be chipping @ all. The brakes/rotors are shot (although they were just replaced 4 months ago). The stereo system is nice, but the speakers are cheap! Outside noise is apparent, my old Honda rides like a spaceship!Honda's used to be flawless...not anymore.

Favorite features include the radio, interior space, exterior, look of the interior, trunk space, and it seems to be good on gas.

I suggest that Honda improves on the quality of all of their future vehicles, and learn f/their 2008 mistake. This accord also handles sloppy on curvy roads, outside noise is apparent

Where has the Honda of old gone?
By focusfanatic1

2008 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I at one time was a die hard Honda fan. I owned a 1991 CRX, and a 1994 Civic. Both were solid dependable cars. I purchased a 2000 Accord new, and it turned out to be a lemon. I mean literally, I received a payout from Honda on a frequent problem. I decided in 2008 to give Honda another chance, after all, my previous cars were great. Should not have done it. I purchased a new 2008 Accord. Problems started with the transmitters having to be replaced, I needed new rear break pads and a new battery before the car hit 30K. The interior is cheap. The vinal on the console arm rest and door arm rest bubbles up when it is warm outside. Never again Honda, I'm going elsewhere.

None

Stop using cheap materials. Honda is turning into the GM prior to bankruptcy. Live up to your reputation, or you'll lose it over time.

I wouldn't buy again
By camrykiller

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

VTC Actuator failed (known issue) under warranty Power lumbar motor broke (400.00) Transmission pauses at cold start before shifting Honda service will not address Brake problems like everyone else. No thanks Honda....go find some other sucker TRADED!!!!

Better Quality Control

An overall really good choice
By bluebolt87

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I get a lot of comments and compliments about how slick my black Honda Accord Coupe looks. It's got a peppy engine, pretty good mpg, well done interiors, and reliable. I couldn't complain.

Leather heated seats, Sunroof, sportiness of car

Not sure.

Never Again!
By defenderman

2008 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned 17 cars in 30 years so I've driven a few. This is my 5th Honda and my last. I'm going elsewhere. Noisy, gutless, rattles. The brakes were fixed and reimbursed. OEM tires made it 28k miles. Cheap. Glovebox rattles. Cheap. Seats are uncomfortable and thin. Cheap. Cross members under parcel shelf in trunk rattle. Cheap. 5-speed AT pretty much gives up at 55 for power. Pull out to pass in the mountains and the best you get from there is 3rd gear so you may as well be dragging a log behind your car. Looks great. Mileage is okay. The noise! My word the noise! I can't wait to dump this car. 38k miles and it's the worst car I've owned, and I had a '73 Pinto Wagon!

Exterior looks. Sadly that is it! The rest of it is nothing more than scrap metal and cheap plastic.

Start over Honda. Invest in some quality again. Quit cutting corners and raising prices. Give the entry level 4 cylinder some guts. Fix the glove box rattle. Pad the seats for someone of normal size and weight, not a malnourished 6' tall 88 lb. model. You may have heard of soundproofing... use it. Tell your QC people to quit drinking on the job and evaluate the product. Get back to your roots and make them like you did in '86, which was the best car ever! Oh, and you should probably be taking notes from Hyundai and Cadillac. I'd be happy to be the subject of a commercial showing me handing the keys over to the dealer and driving away in my new CTS-V coupe.

• SUV