2008 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Better than my Volkswagen
By JDW on 07/07/10 17:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Very comfortable. Nice quality Leather compared to other comparable cars that offer leather interiors. I hear the road noise more in this car compared to my others. I have had issues with the brakes in this car since the first week I have had it. Drove a 1987 with brake problems as well. Is that a Honda thing? I enjoy the ride in this car, feel it's still reliable. I had several problems with the ignitions shorting out on me when I would go to start the car. North American Honda, NOR any dealership I took it too could fix this issue. So it's still an issue.

Might buy American next time
By honda4 on 07/04/10 16:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd accord and this one had the most problems. All the power locks failed and were replaced, but it caused me to get locked out of my car one time. The rear brakes are 90% worn I was told at only 27k mi. There was a misc evaporator valve problem with the emissions.

Happy Customer
By Guy on 07/04/10 16:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just turned 25000 miles and had my car inspected. So far, brakes are fine as I had the dealer inspect them. The car has given me all that I wanted and if the rear brake problem does not rear its ugly head, I will be delighted with this vehicle. This cars handles very well and is extremely comfortable on long trips. Performance is good and highway gas mileage is around 32 mpg and 24 mpg city. No problems at all as yet, so to date, I am very satisfied. The road noise is higher than I would like, but it is strictly tire noise. Road surfaces affect the degree of noise there is. No wind or outside noises, only tire noise on particular surfaces, so I feel this issue has been overstated.

Poor quality by HONDA
By RTH on 06/29/10 14:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This my third Accord. The first two wonderful. This has been a dog! Today both keys and door latch [left side] need to be replaced. I have complained about this for a year and not that the car is out of warranty suddenly it can be repaired. Over 3 bills. Both seats in front are black there color is that tarp [light brown] I took to an auto seat person and he said take to Honda they are worn out. I did today and was told “they are dirty.” Make a buck any way HONDA this my last one.

Not again
By bksa on 06/28/10 09:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first Honda we have owned, and our last. We bought the car because of the "name" that Honda has and the reliability. Well, the rattle in the dash, road noise, and brake pad issues, now I am looking to trade. If Honda knows about the brake problems why are they not recalling them and fixing them? Our dealership told us about the class action law suit, which we knew about already, and told us they could fix it and we could pay and then send the receipt to them for a refund of $150! Why don't they just fix it? Very aggravating!

Vtech solenoid & Motor problems
By Boyoboy on 06/27/10 13:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

At 30,000 km I started having issues burning through oil, oil light came on & not a stitch of oil was left - this after 2 months of having a certified Honda dealer change the oil. Took it to the dealer 2X before they found the problem - the piston rings had ceased. Also, the vtech solenoid had to be changed. Note to those having oil problems - there is a bulletin about a faulty solenoid on the 2008 so fight the dealership to get it replaced. Our solenoid was replaced and they repaired the pistons, honing out the cylinders - not at all confident that this car is now safe for me to drive with my children sitting in the back. It should've been replaced. Still fighting that battle.

Accord Review
By kelly on 06/24/10 20:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have 55k on my accord as of June 2010. Rear brakes went out at 45k miles. Thank Goodness the powertrain is 60k miles, because both front brake calibers went out. $1100, but under warranty. The car is great on gas and dependable, but is noisy on the road, and the dealer said the calibers will probably go out again. I like my car, but don't love it. I'll probably be trading it in after 2 1/2 years. I would consider another vehicle.

My honda is pulling into overdrive
By HECTOR on 06/24/10 14:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Based on Honda's reputation, I bought this Accord. I owned it new but, in the two years of service, I have had constant brake problems (car shakes under braking and the brakes wore out early). and the other important issue is that the car pulling into overdrive. The dealership says that maybe could be a spark plug, but they changed it and the problem continuous. Other answer was maybe the computer's is not working well. But I still have the problem.

Honda Accord sedan
By NATRAY on 06/21/10 15:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Body design and performance great, but inside terrible. Noise, noise, noise and I drive the top model exl6. The radio is hard to listen with all the noise. I have had 8 hondas and this will probably be my last. The dash cannot be read in sunlight or cloudy days. [ the 2004 model dash was great ]. It seems they backtracked. The visors are skimpy compared to 2004. I have owned 8 accords since 1979 and this was the most disappointing one. My wife owned four. Any friends that ride in my car, hear the noise and they state. Not for them

Wish I Could Love This Car, But I Don't
By Jeff on 06/16/10 07:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Based on Honda's reputation, I bought this Accord. Initially, I loved it. But, in the two years I've owned it, I have had constant brake problems (car shakes under braking and the brakes wore out early). The dealership replaced the brakes all the way around at no charge. Then I had the A/C leak water all over my feet. The seats are extremely uncomfortable. I dread the thought of long trips in this car. Finally, my biggest complaint is the noises I hear from parts of the car. Honda is known for their build quality but all I do is go from one rattle to the other. The dealership has gotten to know me quite well. As long as I have a warranty, they're going to fix my rattles.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.