Used 2008 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Wow
By rjudge

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased this vehicle after careful review of the Camry, Altima and Malibu. Uncomfortable in Camry, Had a Nissan before, rough ride. Test drove Honda and enjoyed the firm yet very comfortable ride. Fuel economy is great. Drove from Lafayette, LA to Orlando. Averaged 33.5 mi/gal. Same on trip to Houston. Overall averaging about 25-27 MPG. Handles very well, sure footed. If you like to drive and want great economy pass the other cars mentioned, this is the one you'll enjoy.

Favorite Features

Handling, style, navigation system is great! Excellent fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

More insulation in rear wheel wells and trunk.

After 11 Hondas I'm very disssapointed
By Gary"US''

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 6th Accord and the very first that I have ever had a problem with. DON'T rely on your test drive, the seats are Very uncomfortable and when the engine goes into the "econo" mode the vehicle "shifts/rocks violently" forward and when leaving the "econo" mode it shifts/rocks forward once again which means that the vehicle is "CONTINUOUSLY" SHAKING AND ROCKING. 5 trips to the dealer resulted in 1 new wheel, 3 new tires and rotors turned down, (3000 miles)? have produced nothing! My best MPG at 60 on cruise is 22. I have a 2006 Accord V6 and routinely get 28/29MPG and the ride is Beautiful!!! Seats are very comfortable and ride is very smooth! Save your money, buy a used 06

Favorite Features

Lots of interior space and great looking exterior.

Suggested Improvements

Go back to what WORKED!!!!! the 2006 V6 engine, (244 HP) and the 2006 power seats. After a 25 mile trip in a 2008 Accord with leather seats you will need to stop and either have a coffee or stiff drink!! Whatever you prefer! Headrests are horrible/uncomfortable! Buyer beware !!!!!

Fantastic Value!
By Billiam

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The value of this vehicle is great. To pay under $30,000 and get a vehicle that looks and feels like a $50,000 is right up my alley. The redesign pushed this car up a level as far as I'm concerned. I had a 2005 Accord EX and loved it but my new 2008 Accord EXL blows that car our of the water. It feels safe, performs well, looks fantastic and gets decent gas mileage for its size. I would absolutely recommend this car to anyone looking for an upscale sedan but cant afford to spend $40,000 - $50,000.

Favorite Features

New look of exterior and interior, performance and standard features.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage, while the car gets decent gas mileage for its size I would like to see it get closer to 33-35 mpg highway.

Awesome car
By Erawan

2008 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car on May 2008. It is nice car. I considered to get LX, but the salesman told me I had better get LX-P if I wanted to have security system and alloy wheel. I compared this car with Mazda6 and Camry. The Accord is better than other those car on gas mileage and reliability. I will keep this car.

Favorite Features

Cruise control, roomy, great audio system, security system, gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Should have semi-automatic, improve engine emission system by install bug zapper, blue tooth should be installed to all Accord model.

Love the car but...
By rendar

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love almost everything about this car. The look. The way it drives. Fuel economy is good (I see complaints but I get very close to EPA estimates). Very quiet (again, I've seen complaints, but for me it is quieter than any car I've ever owned). Very good power for 4 cyl. My only complaint is comfort. The front seats are extremely uncomfortable after anything more than 15 minutes of driving due to what I see as a design flaw, the seat curvature is too great, and even with the lumbar support all the way retracted, it still feels like there is some type of bar sticking out in the wrong part of my back (I am 6'3" and my wife 5'1" and we both have issues with it).

Favorite Features

Styling, driving feel, power, fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Comfort. Something just isn't right about the front seats.