Used 2008 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great car!
By dee

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased the Accord Ex about 3 weeks ago & love it. I went from a mid-size suv & am happy with my decision. The car rides & handles great, with awesome power from a 4 cyl, 190 hp. Gas mileage is wonderful, 1st tank 26 mpg with almost all city driving. Looked at Camry (overpriced for the features I wanted) & Altima (no traction control, no bendable side mirrors, not as many features for the price of the Accord). Accord is very roomy. Also Honda was offering 0.9% financing! I would recommend this car for great value, comfort, & fun to drive!

Great stock stereo with 6 disc cd changer, auto up/down driver & passenger windows, heated side mirrors, sunroof, remote can open windows & sunroof. Power seat & lumbar. Love the polished metal color.

none

Best value for the money
By Yo from Michigan

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After researching several sedans in this category, I zeroed in on Accord. overall I am a happy camper. In the first two weeks of my driving, I averaged around 29MPG in mixed driving conditions. not bad for a big car. I would guess around 33 in pure highway driving. The interior room is enormous. All the safety features are standard in all Accords unlike Toyota where you have to pay for some. I selected EX-L, since I wanted leather, premium audio, dual climatic control and heated mirrors. these features were once the holy grail of luxury cars. 190 HP engine is a good compromise for performance and fuel economy. My biggest gripe on this car is the road noise. Honda can do much better with this

Excellent Audio system, Dual climatic control, Moonroof, Interiors room, head turning exterior look, visibility, XM satellite radio, automatic daytime headlights, sporty drive

Road noise, road noise and road noise Provide option for built-in bluetooth, instead of having to purchase $2000 navigation system

Great Car- Poor Electronic Design!
By dimone

2008 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Honda since the 90's, and I am satisfied with it so far. The only issue I have is due to a poor design in the charging system that causes the headlights to dim when the A/C cycles on. It's only for a split second, but happens about every 20 seconds in the summer-time. This is simply annoying, and makes me have some doubt as to Honda engineering's quality. The dealerships' service depts are well aware of the issue, and so far Honda has not posted a resolution. The dealers are anxious to get a bulletin for repair because it is a profit generator for the service departments! I filed this complaint with the NTHSA, so for now we'll "wait and see" if Honda makes it right.

Dash board and control layouts are easy to see and use. Car handles like a dream, and has great acceleration for a 4 cyl. Trunk is very roomy, and the pass through feature is great for carrying longer items that won't fit in the trunk. Headroom and backseat are spacious. Solid body design and const.

Re-design ELD (electronic load detector) system to supply enough voltage IMMEDIATELY when high drain features (like A/C unit) kick in.

Buyer's Remorse
By Dolce

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just traded in my 03 Toyota Highlander, which I absolutely adored to buy this Accord. I am so very disappointed with the gas mileage! My Highlander was doing the same! I traded in my beautiful Highlander for a couple of miles less than the Accord. So, for this reason, I'm sick. I traded for better mileage, and this is what I got. Eventually will trade it in for something more fuel efficient, hoping the gas prices won't make it depreciate more. I could kick myself! I miss my baby!!

It's a bland and boring little car. So, it's hard for me to get excited about it...

GAS MILEAGE! Geez, it's a 4cylinder already! It should get better gas mileage!

Grown on me
By ljgbjg

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have the car 6 months. Initially the VCM was horrible - constantly hunting, vibrating, etc. much like others here and as reviewed elsewhere. MPG? Not great - around 25. At 3000 miles it all went away! Have no idea why. VCM hardly noticeable, 30 MPH HWY at 75, 26 at 80, so 75 seems to be a significant speed. Seats are firm but not uncomfortable - very BMW like. You either like them or you don't. Advise anyone considering the L to drive one for awhile if you can - some cannot stand the seats. Check the Edmunds long term test comments - they hate them. Car is now very pleasant and performing as expected. None of the squeaks, rattles or wind noise that others have complained of.

V6 power, stereo w/sub woofer

Better road noise insulation - on some surfaces it is especially bad - cannot even hear the radio, paddle shifter or sport shift on the console for the AT, 6 speed transmission with greater overdrive for even better fuel economy.

• SUV