Used 2008 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great Car- Poor Electronic Design!
By dimone

2008 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Honda since the 90's, and I am satisfied with it so far. The only issue I have is due to a poor design in the charging system that causes the headlights to dim when the A/C cycles on. It's only for a split second, but happens about every 20 seconds in the summer-time. This is simply annoying, and makes me have some doubt as to Honda engineering's quality. The dealerships' service depts are well aware of the issue, and so far Honda has not posted a resolution. The dealers are anxious to get a bulletin for repair because it is a profit generator for the service departments! I filed this complaint with the NTHSA, so for now we'll "wait and see" if Honda makes it right.

Dash board and control layouts are easy to see and use. Car handles like a dream, and has great acceleration for a 4 cyl. Trunk is very roomy, and the pass through feature is great for carrying longer items that won't fit in the trunk. Headroom and backseat are spacious. Solid body design and const.

Re-design ELD (electronic load detector) system to supply enough voltage IMMEDIATELY when high drain features (like A/C unit) kick in.

Buyer's Remorse
By Dolce

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just traded in my 03 Toyota Highlander, which I absolutely adored to buy this Accord. I am so very disappointed with the gas mileage! My Highlander was doing the same! I traded in my beautiful Highlander for a couple of miles less than the Accord. So, for this reason, I'm sick. I traded for better mileage, and this is what I got. Eventually will trade it in for something more fuel efficient, hoping the gas prices won't make it depreciate more. I could kick myself! I miss my baby!!

It's a bland and boring little car. So, it's hard for me to get excited about it...

GAS MILEAGE! Geez, it's a 4cylinder already! It should get better gas mileage!

Grown on me
By ljgbjg

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have the car 6 months. Initially the VCM was horrible - constantly hunting, vibrating, etc. much like others here and as reviewed elsewhere. MPG? Not great - around 25. At 3000 miles it all went away! Have no idea why. VCM hardly noticeable, 30 MPH HWY at 75, 26 at 80, so 75 seems to be a significant speed. Seats are firm but not uncomfortable - very BMW like. You either like them or you don't. Advise anyone considering the L to drive one for awhile if you can - some cannot stand the seats. Check the Edmunds long term test comments - they hate them. Car is now very pleasant and performing as expected. None of the squeaks, rattles or wind noise that others have complained of.

V6 power, stereo w/sub woofer

Better road noise insulation - on some surfaces it is especially bad - cannot even hear the radio, paddle shifter or sport shift on the console for the AT, 6 speed transmission with greater overdrive for even better fuel economy.

Just What I Expected
By Todd K

2008 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I test drove a Camry and a Sonata before deciding on the Accord 4cyl LX - P. The Sonata was not very good with the details. The seat cover was coming out in between the seats. The engine was alright. The Camry was quiet, but that was it. The interior was boring and felt like a 5 year old design. The transmission shift point was hesitant as well. The Accord felt lively, sportier and I felt fit and finish was the best. I'm averaging about 28 mpg so far on 7 fill ups. I like its looks and room as well.

Looks, Handling, Room are all great.

Slightly quieter ride on the free way would be nice but it's pretty good already. I wish bluetooth phone was standard feature.

So far, so good
By keith graham

2008 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Seems to be more roomier than a cambry, but not as sharp looking. Rides with comfort and motor will pick up if you need it. I purchased this vehicle with a lot of research comparing. We got 32 mpg on the highway the next day after we purchase it. It has enough room for me, my wife and my 18 year old son to go on a short trip. I am 6 foot, 225 lbs and I rode in the back seat some and had enough room. I hope I can get a few more mpg after the car breaks in some. The only for sure complaint I have is the seats seems to hurt my back after I drove for a period of time, this may be because I am use to my silverado truck with leather bucket seats. A big person may want to think of this when shopping.

Gas mileage even before the car is broken in good (32 mpg highway) then mixed city and highway (200 miles highway) and (200 miles in town and city) 26.7 mpg! Smooth ride and a family of 4 can go places.car looks pretty sharp inside I think even for being the bottom style

Not sure about the seats comfort , I may be just getting old. Wished it had a direction compass device and temp.outside reading outside. But really overall; so far so good--glad I got it