Used 2008 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Grown on me
By ljgbjg

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have the car 6 months. Initially the VCM was horrible - constantly hunting, vibrating, etc. much like others here and as reviewed elsewhere. MPG? Not great - around 25. At 3000 miles it all went away! Have no idea why. VCM hardly noticeable, 30 MPH HWY at 75, 26 at 80, so 75 seems to be a significant speed. Seats are firm but not uncomfortable - very BMW like. You either like them or you don't. Advise anyone considering the L to drive one for awhile if you can - some cannot stand the seats. Check the Edmunds long term test comments - they hate them. Car is now very pleasant and performing as expected. None of the squeaks, rattles or wind noise that others have complained of.

Favorite Features

V6 power, stereo w/sub woofer

Suggested Improvements

Better road noise insulation - on some surfaces it is especially bad - cannot even hear the radio, paddle shifter or sport shift on the console for the AT, 6 speed transmission with greater overdrive for even better fuel economy.

Just What I Expected
By Todd K

2008 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I test drove a Camry and a Sonata before deciding on the Accord 4cyl LX - P. The Sonata was not very good with the details. The seat cover was coming out in between the seats. The engine was alright. The Camry was quiet, but that was it. The interior was boring and felt like a 5 year old design. The transmission shift point was hesitant as well. The Accord felt lively, sportier and I felt fit and finish was the best. I'm averaging about 28 mpg so far on 7 fill ups. I like its looks and room as well.

Favorite Features

Looks, Handling, Room are all great.

Suggested Improvements

Slightly quieter ride on the free way would be nice but it's pretty good already. I wish bluetooth phone was standard feature.

So far, so good
By keith graham

2008 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Seems to be more roomier than a cambry, but not as sharp looking. Rides with comfort and motor will pick up if you need it. I purchased this vehicle with a lot of research comparing. We got 32 mpg on the highway the next day after we purchase it. It has enough room for me, my wife and my 18 year old son to go on a short trip. I am 6 foot, 225 lbs and I rode in the back seat some and had enough room. I hope I can get a few more mpg after the car breaks in some. The only for sure complaint I have is the seats seems to hurt my back after I drove for a period of time, this may be because I am use to my silverado truck with leather bucket seats. A big person may want to think of this when shopping.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage even before the car is broken in good (32 mpg highway) then mixed city and highway (200 miles highway) and (200 miles in town and city) 26.7 mpg! Smooth ride and a family of 4 can go places.car looks pretty sharp inside I think even for being the bottom style

Suggested Improvements

Not sure about the seats comfort , I may be just getting old. Wished it had a direction compass device and temp.outside reading outside. But really overall; so far so good--glad I got it

Probably the best sedan in 2008
By wizbee

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I owned this car for only a week, but I am pleasantly surprised by its performance and build quality. The 190 HP engine is more than enough power that I needed. I have compared all sedans in this category feature to feature and believe me: none of the others can match Honda Accord's price point for the same features. It gives a sporty driving feel and offers a very comfortable Highway ride. Some people complained about noise. But the fact is typical Honda has more overall noise than say a Toyota. But it is quite tolerable. In fact if you turn on your radio, you don't even feel it. I have done comparisons with similarly equipped hybrids, but I still can't justify the cost at even $5 a gallon

Favorite Features

Quality Leather interior, Premium audio, roomy interior, Sporty look and drive, visibility

Suggested Improvements

Make bluetooth as standard or option, instead of having to choose navigation package. I don't want to spend $2000 extra on navigation to get bluetooth

Wow
By rjudge

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased this vehicle after careful review of the Camry, Altima and Malibu. Uncomfortable in Camry, Had a Nissan before, rough ride. Test drove Honda and enjoyed the firm yet very comfortable ride. Fuel economy is great. Drove from Lafayette, LA to Orlando. Averaged 33.5 mi/gal. Same on trip to Houston. Overall averaging about 25-27 MPG. Handles very well, sure footed. If you like to drive and want great economy pass the other cars mentioned, this is the one you'll enjoy.

Favorite Features

Handling, style, navigation system is great! Excellent fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

More insulation in rear wheel wells and trunk.