2008 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Everything I expected from Honda!
By HondaSC on 10/03/07 01:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Waited until this car was released to purchase new car. Was considering Lexus IS350, Acura TL, and Toyota Camry. This car was so impressive that I am glad we waited. We were a little leary of the Toyota engines since we already own a 1998 Lexus ES300 and have had engine sludge problems that seem to doom several of the Toyota V6 engines. Very impressed with the added room with the new body style and the power of the new 3.5 L engine is a nice step up for Honda. Was curious to test the VCM to see if it was noticeable but was very impressed with its ability to drop and add the cylinders as needed without notice to the driver or passengers. Very impressed with this car!

Sure enough, its a Honda!
By Bug on 09/27/07 13:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The styling is not perfect, but this car has style (even if you hate it). The interior finish is acceptable for the price range and durable. I dislike the number of buttons on the center console, but find them well-placed and logical. I'm 6' and find the front seats to be very comfortable. I dislike pleaded leather; it looks great, but tends to crease. The wire throttle is incredibly responsive, the brakes predictable and the auto transmission is flawless. The 4cyl. engine feels much more powerful than in the 08 Camry and I find the shift points to be more appropriate. Handling is sporty, not racy, but much more responsive than the Camry. I bought mine below MSRP

Best Accord Ever
By Westies96 on 09/26/07 07:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is the BEST! It is real comfortable, holds the road well, and has great pick up. I purchased a Polished Metal Metallic color with gray leather inside. Since I've gotten it, I have been stopped by many people asking if it was the new Accord. Some say it looks like an Acura RL, others say that it looks like a BMW. Whatever it looks like I am happy that I purchased it. The feel of driving in the car is great. I look forward to driving trips to the grocery store. The car gives the ride of a much more expensive car. The interior is appointed very nicely.

08 Accord EX-L V-6 Review
By meho1 on 09/25/07 12:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

As a former owner of a BMW 325 and and X5 I was skeptical that the new Accord would have much to offer particularly when my wife's 05 and sister-in-law's 07 Accords were to me, fairly boring. I was not overly impressed with the early photos I saw of this vehicle online either. However, once I was in the V6 version (the 4 is a dog) that all changed. It looks sharp, seems much larger than it looks, is quick, and handles like a dream. It is right on par with my old 325. I passed on the nav system as it is no longer a touch screen and is far more difficult to use than last year's version. Very solid build. Richer interior than past Accords. Little road noise even with 17 inch wheels.

First time Honda
By omela1 on 09/25/07 06:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have been a Toyota lover for more than 10 years but did not like the new design. I was ready to purchase the BMW 328 but opted for the Honda Accord. The 2008 Honda is awesome. Luxury design with economy pricing. Handling is great and fun to drive.

A nine month odyssey
By Finally on 09/24/07 15:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After approx. 9 months with a 2007 Camry LE, I found the car I thought I bought. The 2008 Accord EX (no V6) is as perfect as a car can get under $30,000. Where Toyota dropped the ball on the 07 Camry, Honda picked it up and has a brilliant car. I cannot find any fault whatsoever with the EX performance - tight but very positive, smooth, exactly responsive steering, and the suspension like the rock of Gibraltar, barely transmitting bumps on the road, but not too soft or teeth-jarring like 'sport' suspensions. The acceleration of the EX I4 puts the Camry V6 to shame.

Honda Accord Scores
By Larry S. on 09/22/07 18:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 2008 Accord EX-L V6 is refined styling both inside and out. The first thing I noticed is the firm leather seats and busy dashboard. I managed to program in some XM stations on the ride home from the dealership. Pick up is great from stop or merging on the highway at 60 mph. Navigation is not intuitive but does accept voice prompts. I have had to spend some time reading through the navigation owner's manual to help get a handle on it. To my great surprise the automatic mileage calculator has me at 24 mpg in town. The Accord has a very european feel on the inside which reminds me of the BMW 3 series. Extra perks such as tire pressure monitoring and heated seats are great.

Bad... Bad... Bad...
By Bad.. Bad.. Bad.. on 09/22/07 01:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We've owned several Accords through out the years and the 2008 model, is by far, the worst of the bunch. First and foremost, it's literally the cheapest Accord that we've seen material wise. Gone are the LED-illuminated tachometer, LED brake lights, and illumination lights on all 4-doors. Gone are the individualized engine component protectors that were so touted in the previous generation Accord. The elegant and simple-to-use interior of the previous model has been replaced with cluttered and confusing array of buttons. The quality of the interior material is vastly inferior to the previous models - it looks and feels CHEAP.

'08 Accord Leader of the Pack!
By Jay on 09/20/07 12:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Safety is standard equipment! Has three wide seating in the rear. How do they make a four cylinder produce that much power?

First Impressions
By Pete Vauter on 09/20/07 12:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just picked up my new Honda LX-P last week. Very nice so far. Extremely roomy, front and rear. Rides very well. Fairly solid build, not quite as solid as Passat I traded. Too early to tell on gas, but advertised good mileage. Very pleased so far. Good if looking for a roomy car. I am 6'2" and have no problem sitting in back with front seat all the way back

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Honda Accord Sedan in WA is:

$154 per month*