Used 2008 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 617 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

2008 Honda Accord 4 cyl Automatic EXL
By Mario Gutierrez

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2006 Volkswagen 2.0 turbo Passat for my new 2008 Honda Accord. I fell in love with all the goodies. Leather, Satellite radio, sun roof, and the 17 alloy wheels. For the money it was a bargain..I got the car for $24,900. Which is about 5 thousand less for a comparable new Passat. The cabin of the Honda is roomy for two adults and three kids. The seats are comfortable, and there is ample leg room in the front and rear. I also dig the lumbar support on the drivers seat. The ride quality is smooth and quiet. And there are no rattles or noises even on rough roads. The car has a certain European look especially when viewed from the side and rear.It looks like a 5 series.

Leather seats, sat radio, alloy 17 inch wheels, sun roof, and it does not require super unleaded like my old 2006 VW Passat.

The engine could benefit from direct injection. This should increase fuel mileage and increase horsepower. The car should also come with a full size spare tire. Navigation should be a standard feature. and finally a 10 yr factory warranty.

Awesome Car!
By L. Gordon

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is an awesome car. Even the beamers have to take a second look and usually people think that the car is an Acura at first glance. This car is top shelf and Honda stands firm by it with excellent "Mercedes" like service. Go buy it and see for yourself!

My favorite features are everything. The steering wheel is like the steering cockpit of a plane. It moves up and down!

So far, I see nothing. Heck the car tells you everything and did I mention that it has talk command and all the features work when you roll off the lot? Honda is really balling with this one!

2008 Accord Ex (4cyl)
By Josh B.

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

What a great car! I look forward to it every time I get to drive it. I have 2,000 mils on it in the first month. Not a single complaint. I am averaging 27 mpg mixed city/highway. Its a smooth ride. The 190 HP 4cylinder is plenty for everyday driving and passing. The car handles very well and doesn't show a difference on wet roads. I would highly recommend this car to anyone!

I love the smooth lines of the exterior. Standard stereo is great. nice stock rims on the EX. I like all the big buttons for the controls and everything on the stereo. Lumbar support makes a big difference for the seats!

for some reason when you stop driving and put the car in park it only automatically unlocks the drivers door. You have to hit the button to unlock everyone else's. I wish it would unlock everyones not just mine. It gets a little annoying if you have passengers. Thats the only thing I would change.

Great car!
By Billy

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had this car for almost three weeks now and I still love it. I test drove a Camry and Altima, as well. Although the Altima has the Accord beat on styling, the Accord is the better value and will hold it's value throughout the years better than the Altima. The Camry seemed a little too much like an old lady's car! I love almost everything about this car other than the fuel economy. I was expecting better than 25 MPG. That was the main reason we traded off our SUV. I hope that it gets better as the car ages.

Love the styling and quickness. Also love all of the interior features of the car. The brakes also make you feel very safe.

Better MPG. Standard fog lights on the EX-L, as well as standard deck spoiler and chrome door handles. Those things would have made my car perfect! Honda also needs to address the road noise issue!

2008 Accord LX-P
By Roy

2008 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned my Accord for about 6 weeks and am fairly satisfied with the car. A big disappointment was that the brake rotors were warped with only 125 miles on it. The dealer turned the rotors and all is OK now, but it makes me wonder if Honda's quality is slipping. These are my thoughts: Pros: Fun to drive, fairly roomy, looks good, gas mileage is OK (28 MPG combined), but not as good as Honda advertises. Cons: Most uncomfortable seats in any vehicle I have ever owned. Even though the seat is powered, it will not adjust low enough in the front to keep pressure off the back of my thighs. The seat is also very hard and becomes unbearable after a couple of hours driving.

Powerful 4 cyl.