Used 2008 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Sonata has it all over Accord
By bri310

2008 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this Accord after my lease was up on my Hyundai Sonata. Seemed to be a great price and looked comparable to Sonata. Biggest mistake I ever made. The Accord is extremely uncomfortable over long trips, you can litterally feel every crack,bump and pit on the road. the interior fabric and trim is CHEAP( all mouldings around the doors are drooping and wont stay in place, seat fabric is cheap as well.This car is absolutely terrible in the snow,I would not reccomend driving it in the snow. the positives are the gas mileage and it has been reliable despite the discomforts. In My opinion the Sonata Is definately a much better value. Hyundai is the old Honda, and Honda is the old Hyundai

Favorite Features

gas mileage, reliable

Suggested Improvements

needs total suspension updates, car rides horrible, needs updates to be better in snow, Interior quality is cheap and needs improvements, 4cyl is extremely underpowered,

update on rear brakes
By eec1

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I finally had to change my rear brakes at 18904 since the wear sensor was squeaking. No rotor turning (cutting) was needed (I never turn my rotors). I did the job myself with the appropriate Honda brakes (43022-TA0-A40); the new pads also have a spring clip to help separate the pads. Honda pads also come with M77 Molykote brake grease for the shims. I don’t like to use aftermarket brakes since the one time I did for my previous Honda my rotors warped. Since the class action suit for the rear brakes was over I tried to collect by sending a letter to Honda with documented proof of mileage and cost of brakes. Honda reimbursed me for the cost of brakes with shipping.

Favorite Features

Typical Honda traits of good handling and acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

Honda should have sent a letter to all owners stating that new rear brakes will be covered. I talked to customer service and he stated that dealers were authorized to cover the costs of rear brakes but the class action lawsuit made this impossible.

Never Again
By janeyac

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I owned a 1990 Honda and loved it - the style, the comfort, the ride! After putting almost 200,000 miles on my Maxima, I decided to return to Honda for better gas mileage. What a mistake. The seat is the most uncomfortable seat I have ever been in. I am constantly adjusting the controls to relieve my aching back. This is not good. Rather than being excited to have a newer vehicle, I don’t even want to drive it!

Favorite Features

Smooth ride and decent performance.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the comfort of the seats and add the same options as the EX-L. I dislike the design of the puckered leather seats, so opted for the cloth. I had to give up many of the options that I wanted…. outside temp. gauge, auto light and home link. Streamline the dash that looks like an airplane panel, but is only radio and heater.

it's ok
By evilkev

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I came to this from a 2001 Maxima SE. Have put 59k in 2 years on it. Only repair has been the back brakes at 32k. The cons: in same driving environments, only averages 27-29 mpg with a 4cyl, compared to the Maxima that got 26-28 w/6cyl. Thought the Accord would do better than that. Front seats are not very comfortable. Didn't notice in the short test drives, but daily driving 2-3 hours a day results in discomfort. Interior seems to suffer from louder road noise than the Maxima. Stereo is not bad. Wasn't thrilled with the center dash, but it's not horrible. The good: It does handle pretty well. When on 100% highway, I have gotten 32-35 mpg. I do like the body style of it.

Favorite Features

Body style.

Suggested Improvements

Make it quieter.

My favorite Honda to date
By SatisfiedAccordOwner

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have 25,000 miles on it. I did just have the rear brake pads replaced and the rotors resurfaced, which 50% will be reimbursed by the class action suit. Other than that, no problems. Plenty of power with the V6, no issues with V6. Road noise isn't any more than when I test drove it (and is not bad). Seats are not any less comfortable than when I test drove it (and are not bad). Radio controls are not any more confusing now than when I test drove it. Materials in dashboard are not any cheaper looking now than when I test drove it.

Favorite Features

Power, handling, styling, interior space, trunk space, solid feel, high resale value

Suggested Improvements

MP3 controls