2008 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Not again
By bksa on 06/28/10 09:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first Honda we have owned, and our last. We bought the car because of the "name" that Honda has and the reliability. Well, the rattle in the dash, road noise, and brake pad issues, now I am looking to trade. If Honda knows about the brake problems why are they not recalling them and fixing them? Our dealership told us about the class action law suit, which we knew about already, and told us they could fix it and we could pay and then send the receipt to them for a refund of $150! Why don't they just fix it? Very aggravating!

Vtech solenoid & Motor problems
By Boyoboy on 06/27/10 13:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

At 30,000 km I started having issues burning through oil, oil light came on & not a stitch of oil was left - this after 2 months of having a certified Honda dealer change the oil. Took it to the dealer 2X before they found the problem - the piston rings had ceased. Also, the vtech solenoid had to be changed. Note to those having oil problems - there is a bulletin about a faulty solenoid on the 2008 so fight the dealership to get it replaced. Our solenoid was replaced and they repaired the pistons, honing out the cylinders - not at all confident that this car is now safe for me to drive with my children sitting in the back. It should've been replaced. Still fighting that battle.

Accord Review
By kelly on 06/24/10 20:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have 55k on my accord as of June 2010. Rear brakes went out at 45k miles. Thank Goodness the powertrain is 60k miles, because both front brake calibers went out. $1100, but under warranty. The car is great on gas and dependable, but is noisy on the road, and the dealer said the calibers will probably go out again. I like my car, but don't love it. I'll probably be trading it in after 2 1/2 years. I would consider another vehicle.

My honda is pulling into overdrive
By HECTOR on 06/24/10 14:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Based on Honda's reputation, I bought this Accord. I owned it new but, in the two years of service, I have had constant brake problems (car shakes under braking and the brakes wore out early). and the other important issue is that the car pulling into overdrive. The dealership says that maybe could be a spark plug, but they changed it and the problem continuous. Other answer was maybe the computer's is not working well. But I still have the problem.

Honda Accord sedan
By NATRAY on 06/21/10 15:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Body design and performance great, but inside terrible. Noise, noise, noise and I drive the top model exl6. The radio is hard to listen with all the noise. I have had 8 hondas and this will probably be my last. The dash cannot be read in sunlight or cloudy days. [ the 2004 model dash was great ]. It seems they backtracked. The visors are skimpy compared to 2004. I have owned 8 accords since 1979 and this was the most disappointing one. My wife owned four. Any friends that ride in my car, hear the noise and they state. Not for them

Wish I Could Love This Car, But I Don't
By Jeff on 06/16/10 07:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Based on Honda's reputation, I bought this Accord. Initially, I loved it. But, in the two years I've owned it, I have had constant brake problems (car shakes under braking and the brakes wore out early). The dealership replaced the brakes all the way around at no charge. Then I had the A/C leak water all over my feet. The seats are extremely uncomfortable. I dread the thought of long trips in this car. Finally, my biggest complaint is the noises I hear from parts of the car. Honda is known for their build quality but all I do is go from one rattle to the other. The dealership has gotten to know me quite well. As long as I have a warranty, they're going to fix my rattles.

Great Car
By Akaash on 06/03/10 21:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Not a single problem after 2.5 yr, 30K miles. Accord a great balance of handling/ride-quality and power/fuel- economy.

Disappointed
By waikiki on 05/30/10 08:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

At 30,000 miles, heard the brake wear indicator and had to replace the rears. The fronts have several thousand more miles left. The VCM is terrible. The transmission hunts even in cruise control and is jerky and slips often. A danger when you are in heavy traffic. Dealer finds nothing wrong and that Hondas do not have smoothest trans. Both front windows rattle, the road noise is quite noticeable, and rain rolls off the top and right on to the controls. I don't see why people rave about Hondas.

Rear Brake Problem Disappointing
By Tom on 05/20/10 21:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had this Accord since new, and have enjoyed the car very much. However, today at 20k mile service I learned the rear brakes already need replacing. After reading many similar complaints on the web, this is obviously a factory defect as rear brakes shouldn't wear out before the front, and especially not at 20k miles. This is extremely frustrating and disappointing. I bought Honda for quality, and learning this is a known issue for so long without any recall to correct is disappointing as well. Continued loyalty to brand has ended.

The car has been okay so far.
By Hush Mohai on 04/27/10 15:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Everything seems to work fine so far with about 21,000 miles. Except the automatic window button is broken very easily and now just need replacement of the broken hinge that holds the plastic button. Also, the brake squeals at times which has become more frequent and annoying since last week. I am not recommending friends to buy this sedan after I have learned that more newer models will be able to match and outperform this Honda. For example, Sonata will out mpg this Honda. Mazda6 will out corner and out accelerate this Honda. I wish I knew more about mid- size (or more correctly full-size) sedans before buying this Honda. However, so far it is okay.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Honda Accord Sedan in VA is:

$122 per month*