2008 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
From Hyundai to Honda
By Odyman on 10/16/08 07:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Honda, and WOW! Traded in my elantra at 33 MPG but with the VCM in my new Coupe, I am getting 28.4 MPG on last fill up. Love the interior and the power and speed, but not hard to beat after what I had. Drove an Altima (3.5 V-6 coupe) and the accord was a major step up and less a price.

Nice car for the price
By Jorge on 10/04/08 17:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 2 door Accord coupe v-6 looks and rides great. The 268 horses work just fine. The VCM works perfectly and has not given me any problems. The brakes could be better in order to stop after hard acceleration. I love the way the automatic shifts and down shifts as you are coming to a stop. If you are looking for a nice 2 door coupe this is it. My old solara was a truck next to the Accord

Pretty decent llittle car.
By Mujhunter on 10/02/08 23:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had the car for nearly six months now and overall I am pretty satisfied with my purchase. The two door coupe is very comfortable and roomy and draws plenty of attention. The seats are decent, the interior design is excellent IMO as well as the exterior design, and thus far it has been extremely reliable. The build quality could be a tad bit better (less wind noise), but it's not horrible. I looked at a ton of cars before this purchase many of which were entry level luxury sedans costing 5-10k dollars more and could not justify buying any of them over the accord. You get a lot of car loaded with options for the money. I paid 26k for mine before tt&l.

Gearbox and Transmission Junky
By Schuyler on 09/30/08 19:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

When I first received this car 11-2007, I noticed that the it was hard to shift into 3rd gear and would often pop out of 3rd gear and was told at the dealership that this would go away at around 10,000 miles well it did not. So then they replaced the gears and a week later fourth gear went out; thus every time I tried to put it into fourth gear yesterday and it would pop out again along with making a very high pitch sound but was not raising the revs on the tach Meter. Today it made high whining sounds in every gear and I barely made it to the dealership today. The dealer had my car for two days last week and will have my car for 4 days this week, I sure hope Honda can fix this.

Accord LX-E
By Wayne on 09/20/08 19:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Beautiful car, got one of the first cars at the dealer when they came out. Very happy with the car enjoy the ride and performance. I am having early wear on the brake, shimmy at 60 mph with 20K miles on the car. Possible design issue, dealer reviewing. Mileage is disappointing.

Awesome Ride!
By Rod on 09/06/08 20:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The first 1,500 miles have been a lot of fun. I am very pleased with the cornering and superb handling of this car. Initially the dashboard controls were a little intimidating, but it doesn't take long to get comfortable with them. Everything is placed perfectly. Voice commands are logical and easy to remember. I've been averaging 28 mpg per tank since about 1,000 miles. No problems. Glad I made the right choice.

Do your research.
By what? on 09/06/08 12:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

First I am 6'4" and 235 lbs. I fit in the Coupe comfortably. The seat has to be far back so my head does not hit the ceiling. Leg room is adequate. The interior is nicely equipped and I like the XM radio but not the monthly fee. The exterior is ok and looks pretty sharp in the metallic color. The ride is somewhat rough and very noisy. My Toyota Tacoma truck is quieter than this Honda when traveling at high speed. I drive a Charger at work and the Charger rides nicer and is quieter as well. The 4 cylinder is very slow when you need it to go from a dead stop. Go for the 6 cylinder if you can afford it.

Pretty Sweet
By Merv on 09/04/08 10:24 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my 01 Acura CLS and thought I might be moving down a notch. Other than a less powerful and somewhat noisier engine, the Honda is about as nice (a lot less money too). The styling of both the Accord and Altima coupe got my attention, but this car gives you more for the money. My experience with the dealership was positive as well.

Some people are never happy
By Johnss2k on 09/03/08 09:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

After 8 months and reading some of these reviews I had to chime in. The v6 in my car is awesome. My 5th Accord, 3 had over 300k miles on them. I get 32.7 mpg hwy and 25 hwy when I drive good. When I drive nutty its substantially lower (to be expected by anyone with a brain). People seem to think you can buy something new and abuse it. The car needs to be properly broken is to get the best out of it. I like the option of changing the locking and unlocking of the doors to my preferences. I also have an s2000 another super car. I refused to trade my 1991 Accord in because at 263,000 miles it is still running so good. The oldie will be the parking lot ding car .

Head turner on a budget
By YguY on 08/29/08 19:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Nice exterior design that is a great parallel to the Civic coupe. Can't go anywhere without drawing stares, big smiles, and being constantly asked "wow, what is that"? (must confess I removed all badging, did mild window tint . So only the grill emblem gives it away and most look at the whole picture). After 12,000 miles, 24.6 mpg overall avg. With 30.3 mpg as consistent full tank highway mileage. This has been a terrific driver with no functional or quality issues. Only needs to add drivers seat memory, 2-tone perforated leather, xenons, rear seat interior illumination mounted under front seats, and better tilt. Lose the cheap automatic shifter . This is not 1980! Awesome coupe

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.