2008 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Great car! Big & nimble!
By Seattle on 08/30/10 14:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Family outgrew our excellent Mazda3. Settled on 4cyl Accord EX-L manual transmission. Unbelievable fuel economy! Got 500 miles out of 1 tank. Who needs a hybrid when this thing gets 33-35 mpg on the hwy! Car is huge, yet drives 'smaller' than it is. Great steering, clutch & shifter. Better fit and finish than our 2004 Pilot by a long shot! No regrets so far! Rear brake issue was researched prior to purchase and has not been a problem (21,000 miles on the car). Car could use a 6th gear but the shifter action is sublime. I have owned several Hondas including 2 S2000's and this is the best one yet.

Honda Hassle
By seephone on 08/26/10 18:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought a Honda thinking that we would keep this car for at least 5 years, but after 2, we can't wait to get rid of it. We had brake problems the first day that we brought it home. Dealership would not really address the problem. I had to purchase a set of aftermarket brakes and rotors to fix the problem. The body panels and paint are cheaply made. It seems that we have more road chips and scratches then paint left! Would not buy another Honda!

rear brakes
By mikie on 08/22/10 20:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I now have 59,000 miles and I am on my way back to the dealer for a 2nd set of rear brakes, down to the metal, again. My wife is the main driver to and from work who is a normal driver. I am very disappointed that the pads are gone at 30,000, again! I do have a lot of automotive experience and cannot believe this is happening. I have a 2002 chevy p/u with 178,000 and never touched the brakes until 140,000, so much for technology from Japan. I guess I'll do like the Germans do and just put on another set of pads and not bother turning the rotors until I have to. They also make a harder pad and it will last longer. This is the last Honda I will buy!

Meeting expectations
By Joel on 08/22/10 04:07 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my third Accord and so far my favorite.So far the only issue with my brakes has to due with front brake rotors that transmit a shimmy to the steering wheel when moderately braking, and need resurfacing. Road noise is a bit excessive, which is a common theme in these reviews. I have not had any problems resulting from build quality, but have noticed that Honda is not using the same quality of materials or paid as much attention to detail as in years past. The only shop time has been oil changes/tire rotations. It is fun to drive and really has a sporty feel for a 4-door sedan. The four-cylinder is powerful for a what it is but its not a rocket. The Accord is still a good buy.

First & Probably Last Honda
By jgreene on 08/16/10 11:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the Accord thinking I had finally found a car I could stick with for more then 2 years, but not looking promising. Noticed immediately how noisy it is on the highway..can't hear the radio. Rear brakes replaced around 36,000 miles. (From the reviews posted, might not be the last time either) A/C not cooling as before, so probably looking at another repair bill there. Very disappointed in the overall quality. Probably will be the last Honda I own. Guess I should have stuck with GM!

2008 accord Braking Problem
By Mad at honda on 08/15/10 17:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

There is a braking problem on my 2008 Honda Accord. Front brakes have a high pitch sound when you apply brakes and I had the front pads looked at and they are fine. The rear brake pads on the other hand where worn all the way down and I only have (16,000) miles on my Honda. Warranty department just turned their heads. We all know there is a problem so if this happen to your Accord (2008-2010) Please report. There has to be a recall to fix problem.

2008 HONDA ACCORD LX-P
By F. Garcia on 08/11/10 03:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Fell in love with the car initially until quality problems showed up - Premature wear of rear brake pads (replaced at 20,000 KM), power steering pump failed, and just recently (09 Aug 10), transmission oil was leaking (dealer found cracked transmission cover). Other issues by comparison - cabin noise, not so good gas mileage.

Worst Accord Ever?
By Brahk on 08/04/10 13:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Rear brakes went out at 17,000 miles & the dealer denied that there was a problem and made me pay the cost. The front brakes have squealed since 5,000 miles. Have had it in to the dealer 4 times and they never fixed it. 3 times they denied that there was a problem. The padding in the front seats is as hard as a park bench, and the leather quality is very bad. Road noise is horrendous. This is my 6th Honda and it will definitely be my last.

Bad fuel pump
By Chuck on 07/28/10 04:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Honda used to mean qualities and reliabilities. Not anymore, workmanship on the accord is not acceptable. There are big gaps between where strip of foams cannot meet the cabinet. Around 12K, sound of the horn gets so low that I couldn't hear it when I'm inside the car. At 34K the gas pump went, and couldn't start the car. Dealership told me there were OLD diesel fuel found in the tank that cause the fuel pump stop working. My question was how does diesel fuel gets into the tank to begin with? and doesn't diesel fuel gets dilute by subsequent gas fuel? I've been driving for 20 years and know the difference between the two. Traded a BMW 328. Forget about Honda.

Neve will I buy another Honda
By Spodie on 07/10/10 12:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

32,000 miles and I'm on my second set of rear brakes. Front brakes still look like the day it was drove off the lot. I'm starting to think Honda is another Toyota. Let's not do anything about it until people get killed.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.