Used 2008 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

08 V6 Accord
By carlos_zuniga1

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car used with 20,000 miles this car now has 62,500 miles. Its been a pleasure to drive. Reliability is incredible I have spent $0 dollars on repairs besides regular maintains (oil changes). I love the sound system. The power is decent but a bit under power for it's size in my opinion a 300HP engine would be ideal. The ride is smooth but not as a Toyota. The car handles awesome for being a sedan. The navigation gets the job done. Center counsel is good but has too many buttons. The car sits 5 bodies (including driver) comfortably the leg room is huge. Tech package comes handy. I average 22mpg mixed driving 18 city and 28 highway. Over all i am satisfied with the car.

Engine Tech package Stereo Comfort Handling

6 speed transmission Sport package Better Navi Remove CVM

Step it up Honda
By fab82

2008 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Where do I begin? Aside f/my 08 Accord, I also own an 02 accord coupe. My old accord drives better, is quieter, and the interior appears sleeker. I am a tad bit disappointed in the 08 model. The paint used on this model is extra cheap, for a vehicle that has been garage kept I shouldn't be seeing rust where the paint has chipped away. The paint shouldn't be chipping @ all. The brakes/rotors are shot (although they were just replaced 4 months ago). The stereo system is nice, but the speakers are cheap! Outside noise is apparent, my old Honda rides like a spaceship!Honda's used to be flawless...not anymore.

Favorite features include the radio, interior space, exterior, look of the interior, trunk space, and it seems to be good on gas.

I suggest that Honda improves on the quality of all of their future vehicles, and learn f/their 2008 mistake. This accord also handles sloppy on curvy roads, outside noise is apparent

Where has the Honda of old gone?
By focusfanatic1

2008 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I at one time was a die hard Honda fan. I owned a 1991 CRX, and a 1994 Civic. Both were solid dependable cars. I purchased a 2000 Accord new, and it turned out to be a lemon. I mean literally, I received a payout from Honda on a frequent problem. I decided in 2008 to give Honda another chance, after all, my previous cars were great. Should not have done it. I purchased a new 2008 Accord. Problems started with the transmitters having to be replaced, I needed new rear break pads and a new battery before the car hit 30K. The interior is cheap. The vinal on the console arm rest and door arm rest bubbles up when it is warm outside. Never again Honda, I'm going elsewhere.

None

Stop using cheap materials. Honda is turning into the GM prior to bankruptcy. Live up to your reputation, or you'll lose it over time.

I wouldn't buy again
By camrykiller

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

VTC Actuator failed (known issue) under warranty Power lumbar motor broke (400.00) Transmission pauses at cold start before shifting Honda service will not address Brake problems like everyone else. No thanks Honda....go find some other sucker TRADED!!!!

Better Quality Control

An overall really good choice
By bluebolt87

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I get a lot of comments and compliments about how slick my black Honda Accord Coupe looks. It's got a peppy engine, pretty good mpg, well done interiors, and reliable. I couldn't complain.

Leather heated seats, Sunroof, sportiness of car

Not sure.