Used 2008 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Most Helpful|
Long in the Tooth
By hyampols

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When I first purchased the Accord in the fall of 2007, I gave it a glowing review, noting that Accord had a perfect balance of quality, value and sportiness. After nearly a year of ownership, the car seems to be getting long in the tooth. Yes, it is roomy, has a nice interior, silky smooth engine, good transmission and direct steering. Yet, the Accord seems to lack that spark posessed by its predecessor. From the hard and uncomfortable driver seat, excessive body roll, several rattles in the interior and intrusive road noise, the vehicle just does not strike a chord (n.p.i) with me. In fact, I find my 2006 Civic Ex w/Nav to be a better built, more comfortable and more engaging car.

Favorite Features

Direct steering, smooth engine and transmission, good navigation system with effective voice-recognition. Impressive fuel economy in light of the size and weight of the car

Suggested Improvements

Accord feels way too large and too heavy for its suspension and engine, numerous rattles, excessive wind noise, uncomfortable driver seat. Honda, go back to the basics and give us smaller, more nimble Accord!

Same Problems
By ml8533

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm speechless to see that everyone is having the same problems as me. I have 30,000 and my wear indicators are making noise. Road noise is horrible, trans slips when it is cold, has used oil since day 1. Seats are hard and uncomfortable, I'm getting close to end of warranty and getting nervous. Why this engine needs to turn 2500 rpm to do 70 mph is hard to understand, I feel like I'm in the daytona 500.

Favorite Features

It drives ok, air works well.

Suggested Improvements

Memory seats,6 spd, put outside temp where you can see it, do away with vcm.

Happy Honda Ride
By CCSLVR

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted to get a nice sedan with a standard shift. The Accord EX-L 5- speed fit the bill. I enjoy driving the car each and every day (even to work). The 4 cylinder engine is just right for quick acceleration and highway cruising. I get 25 MPG in mixed driving and 31 MPG on the highway. The ownership experience has been excellent. Dealer service is done with a smile.

Favorite Features

The smooth 5-speed manual keeps me connected with the car. XM radio is great for adults and teenage sons. They like the AUX plug for their i-Pod. My son's size 15 feet fit in the back seat with lots of room. Ergonomics are perfect for me (6') and my wife (5'2")

Suggested Improvements

Radio/HVAC has too many buttons - dials would be nice.

Very Good Car for middle class sedans
By Happy Driver

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this car 8 months ago with 40K miles and it is great car. I have driven Accord 03, 06, and this one is 08 - all are good to perfect. I am not sure why some people are giving bad reviews. The last generation Accords use the same moving parts (engine (4 cylinders), transmission, etc.) as in 05, 06, 07. By doing by extensive research many people, that posted reviews here, have some interest in Detroit automakers (Ford, GM). Union may be? That is why the are bashing Honda here to make people to, at least, look at Ford Fusion or Malibu. No question, those cars are great inside BUT drive them for +60K and you will see the difference between Accord ad them. Enough said...

Favorite Features

Nothing as of now

Suggested Improvements

Make it better looking, close to European style

2008 Honda Accord
By Douglas

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 2008 Honda Accord V6 is one of the most annoying cars to drive between the vibration in the steering at speeds above 50 mph and the engine constantly changing the number of cylinders that are firing. In 3 cylinder mode it feels and sounds as if the engine is misfiring. The gas tank sloshes if the tank is above 3/4 full (the baffles do not extend to the top of the inside of the tank to prevent the gas from sloshing around). The XM satellite radio frequently loses signal as you drive down the road. Round noise prevents the radio from being heard well on the highway. If you stop and then turn going uphill, the transmission down shifts violently throwing everyone in the car.

Favorite Features

Interior and exterior design is great.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the engine and the vibration in the steering. Could use a little more padding in the front seats.