Used 2008 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews - 159 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Accord coupe EX-L V6
By rickyedger

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Fun car lots of power and cornering stability. My favorite car to date.

Neve will I buy another Honda
By Spodie

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

32,000 miles and I'm on my second set of rear brakes. Front brakes still look like the day it was drove off the lot. I'm starting to think Honda is another Toyota. Let's not do anything about it until people get killed.

Recall the rear brakes.

Needs some recalls
By McDewbie

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Accord new off the lot with 2 miles on it. Have had it 2 1/2 years. I'm seeing very similar reviews to my own, only it seems my car has had the symptoms from each of the other reviews. It seems to burn 1-2 quarts of oil between oil changes( and the oil light does not come on to alert me of this), road noise including power steering is obnoxious, it's had to be in the shop for 2 weeks due to some issue with the piston timing within 35,000 miles of owning, brakes are about to need to be changed for the 2nd time. Transmission appears hang in a gear too long when climbing or descending hills. Overall, I bought it for look and reliable name of Honda, but so far I'm unimpressed.

The look. Exterior design.

Recall on brakes, inspection of oil system. Also, the exhaust tip. Mine fell off 3,000 miles out of replacement warranty and the dealership refused to replace.

Honda Issues
By HoNda Jole

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2008 Honda Accord with non-stop brake issues. Honda will not recall this, maybe after they have issues like Toyota did they will get it together.

Fix the brake issues and recall them. The braking issues are a HUGE safety issues.

Great Car So Far
By Ed

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought the EX-L Coupe in May 2008, our first Honda. We purchased this car for its sporty looks and Honda's reputation for quality and I must say so far we haven't been disappointed. At nearly 34K miles in less than two years we have not had the car to the dealer for anything, period. So far we've had no issues whatsoever including not having had any issues with the rear brakes that a lot of folks have had. Read somewhere that is as much an issue with the front/rear braking ratio, if you have that issue get that checked. 25 mpg general use, 31 mpg highway on long trips. I'm fairly tall at 6'3" and I have plenty of leg room, no room or comfort issues at all.

Fun to drive, love the way the car handles and corners. Plenty of leg room (I'm 6'3"). Head turning looks. Acceptable power and economy with the 2.4 4-cyl engine.

My only real complaint - the tilt steering doesn't tilt down nearly far enough and could telescope out farther as well. Could use a bit more insulation to reduce road noise. Otherwise I'm very happy with this car.