Used 2008 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Great!!
By uncrichmond on 08/20/09 05:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had this car about 2 years now and am at 55k miles. This car is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. I do a ton of driving for my job and can get up to 34 mpg driving on the hwy. You can't beat that with a car that looks and performs like the 2dr accord. The only maintenance I've had outside of oil changes and tire rotations is having to replace the rear break pads at 52k. I can't say enough about this car, if you are looking for a dependable good looking car, get the accord, you wont be disappointed.

Fun and Looks Nice
By jcross on 08/09/09 03:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my fourth Accord and Honda got most of it right. My 2008 190 HP EX-L Coupe is perfect for around town and short trips. The high end sound system is very good. Fit and finish and ergonomics are as you would expect from a Honda, very good. This Accord has more road noise than I like and the seats tend to be hard, unlike my other Accords. The V6 would be a better choice for folks that go on long road trips, have longer commutes or do allot of freeway driving. The rear brakes had to be serviced at 20k miles. Honda acknowledged that this was an issue and pro rated the fix. The Clear Coat may be an issue as it was on earlier Accords. Fuel mileage has been less than expected.

Great Car - Bad Brakes
By Omar on 07/14/09 10:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is great in all aspects except for the brakes. I have replaced the brakes in less than 35K miles.

Best car ever owned
By rickmoitoza on 07/01/09 16:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just got back from a 3000 mile road trip from California to Sandpoint Idaho. The Honda was very comfortable to drive and averaged 32.5 miles per gallon. I have the v6 - manual sticker said 25 hwy, 22 in town... I get 27 in town. This car is the best I have ever owned.

Saved A Life - Literally
By Kevin on 06/08/09 19:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

A great car for teens. My brother, an 18 year old, was traveling at 40 mph down a road. Someone ran a stop sign in a large SUV going around 60 mph and they both plowed into each other. Both cars were totaled, but the Honda was so safe that no one inside was injured. The car never had a problem, mechanically or otherwise. It was well priced and drove well. It had a smooth ride and had great pickup. A real head turner. On the inside, it was for the most part comfortable and luxurious. We are going to buy Honda for life because of our excellent experience with the car. It saved a teen's life. When the police arrived, they thought it was fatal. Note: incredibly easy to park.

Design Flaw - 2008 Honda Accord
By DBurnes on 05/11/09 18:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Only had the car for 1 year and the rear inner pads and roters needed to be replaced already. I bought the car brand new and now only has 18,000 miles. Honda is NOT doing anything about this known issue problem. If you google "2008 Honda Accord brake problem" you will see a thousand complaints about the defective brake system. Honda should be held responsible for defective brake system. Right rear inner pad wears out around 15,000 miles.

Rear Brake pad nightmare!
By Astounded white girl on 05/08/09 23:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned 4 honda's and have come to rely on the fantastic quality of performance and lack of maintenance issues. I can literally change the oil religiously with a Honda and it will go forever. Not with this latest purchase. I have owned the vehicle for 1 year and 7 months with 21,000 miles and just paid for new rear brake pads! Unbelievable that after only 3...three oil changes, I am replacing brake pads. WOW Honda! I am extremely disappointed that the reliability and quality that I have come to expect from your cars has come to this.

Horrible Car
By Rose on 05/06/09 09:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my car in Dec 07' and put 31k since then, all highway miles. At 25k I needed a new wheel bearing which was covered under warranty. At 30k I brought it into the dealer because the check engine light was on. Took the mechanics 2 days to figure out what was wrong with the car. Ended up that I needed a new cylinder in my engine plus a couple spark plugs replaced. The dealer did not have any explanation of why this happened. Thank god that I bought the extended warranty or that would have been a huge bill. Extremely disappointed with this car. I bought it for its reliability and all I have gotten is trips to the dealer to get it fixed. Will never buy this car again.

Good... but could be better
By MDMartin1 on 04/22/09 06:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my car last year after an accident totaled my 2007 Nissan Altima coupe and can I just say I miss my Altima. : ( my family talked me into the car... Telling me how good the gas mileage is (not true... my Altima got better city) and how the features outnumber any car in its class. But the bottom line is the car's stereo system... it's just weird, if you don't have navigation some of the buttons are oddly placed (the tuner 2.5 in nob) the display under the speedometer could be more helpful (telling me how many miles / gallon I have, telling me how my speed affects my gas mileage... etc.). But I will say that it's larger than any other coupe I looked at. It's a good car... but it could be better.

Nice Car With Minor Flaws
By Mike on 03/15/09 11:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2008 Accord LX-S 2Door in January of 2008. The car is very sharp looking and has some nice size to it for a 2 door. There is an abundance of headroom without the sunroof, which I love. The 190-hp 2.4 is semi-quick, and good for daily driving. I have have had some problems fixed under warranty: 1. Trunk was misaligned from factory (fixed under warranty), 2. Tail lights were rubbing where they meet rear quarter panels causing paint chipping (fixed under warranty) 3. Trunk lid sometimes "clunks" when opening the car (not fixed yet). Gas mileage is OK, averaging about 23-24 city - 31 highway normal driving, I don't drive fast, but I don't drive slow either.