2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4cyl 5-speed manual
By carlostnc65 on
2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I bought this car two years ago used with 71,000 miles. - Avg 25 mpg good for its time and size car. - I have not warmed up to the VTEC engine, all the power up top is great for a performance car, not so great for a family car. The car has three definitive power curves, 1000-3500 rpm for tooling around, 3500-5000 rpm for brisk acceleration like a freeway on ramp, then 5000-7200 rpm for all out pull. For what it is, in that top rev range, it has great power but waiting to get there is tiresome. - The car rides great and its obvious this car is well balanced for the front driver, but get in a curve with uneven pavement and you find the damping to be too soft and the car pitch uncontrol
Favorite Features
Appearance - To each his/her own but I love it, inside and out. Size/Comfort - It is the perfect size car to me, big enough to fit five full size adults, without feeling like a limo. Features - This car is welled optioned with leather interior, sunroof, upgraded stereo, and still has a manual transmission! The double click and hold feature on the unlock button of the key remote opening all the windows and sunroof is great in the summer. The courtesy light is a great feature at night as well, lighting the interior of the car. It has to be the best sounding four cylinder on the road.
Suggested Improvements
Transmission - Good gate feel but doesn't like to be rushed between gears. First to second under hard acceleration almost requires a double clutch to get it to shift. The ultimate sin, the gears are to spread out to keep the engine in its top power band. Build Quality and Reliability - Hard to believe this car wears a Honda badge. VTC failed first, then I noticed the car would use a quart of oil every 700 miles. I had to replace the engine due to a known piston ring issue that Honda would not fix. Add rattles, hanging trim, and fading switches and my daughter's 2007 Jeep Compass with same size engine has proven to be a much better built car. I can't believe it.