Used 2008 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great Car
By Angela

2008 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just traded in my 2007 Jeep GC, for this car. I love it so much, it was a great purchase. The car is getting great gas mileage (28 mpg) even though I have only been driving it 2 weeks. I expect it to break in about 3 months. I find that the features of the car are super nice for a low-end model. Daytime running lights, rain sensing wipers, Text display radio w/MP3, steering wheel controls, AUX input. Most of these I did not even get on my $30K Jeep. Maybe i am used to driving a 6-cyl, but this car is fast from 0-60 for just a 4-cyl. Great speed in 2nd and 3rd gear. Only downside so far was the wheels. I plan to buy some nice rims in the spring.

Rain/speed sensing wipers, day time running lights, GREAT gas mileage

Add the regular rims to the low-end model.

Went from S2000 to Accord Cpe V6 w Nav
By Joseph

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I turned in my S2000 for the Accord Coupe V6 w/ Nav and auto trans. I must say the nav is fun to play with, still getting to know all the functions and voice command. The stereo and XM radio is great. The speedo/tach is a little boring compared with the new Civics and S2000, but it's bright and legible at night. There is a faint pull when the cylinders switch from 6 down to "eco" mode, but it's very faint. Ride and handling are great as is the power, though pretty unimpressed with overall fuel economy but at least it doesn't take premium (averaging 23 mpg). But it looks hot, so for me, switching from an S2000 to this was important. People will gawk.

Navigation, interior illumination, plenty of power, sleek exterior, smooth ride, handles well. Love the XM radio, ability to change navi screen colors. Large trunk, adequate back seats, power up and down windows. Looks great in black. :)

Don't see a point in the ability to turn off cylinders if the fuel economy isn't that great. Needs xenon headlights. Would love paddle shifters. Navi graphics/interface could be better. Get rid of the boring speedo/tach and put something fun like the Civic or S2000.

Wow!
By Aaron J

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I previously owned a 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT. Now that was a fast car but thats about it. This car is a dream from the GAS to the STYLE to the COMFORT. You will not regret your choice I PROMISE.

XM Radio/Gas Mileage/Exterior/Luxury

18 inch wheels for EX-L

Don't Believe the Negativity
By HondaLover

2008 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have read the reviews. I have nothing bad to say about my car. I bought the Red Coupe 24 hours ago and I have already put 150 miles on it. I read the negativity, I have not any of those issues thus far. There is no noise when driving. There are no blind spots, just use your side mirrors correctly. The plug for my iPhone is in a great place. This is my fourth Honda and my first Accord. I had my last 1993 Honda Civic for 11 years. I was just ready for a upgrade and it was good to me until the last few years. Follow the instructions on how to buy a new car. It really help me get my car only $500 over invoice and 4.9% interest rate. I came in already financed, so I came with buying power.

The smooth ride, placement of knobs, black interior, power and room interior.

none at this time.

fun car
By cleicht

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was very apprehensive about changing from a 4Runner to a car. I had tons of room in my 4Runner, but I needed something that would get better gas mileage w/o giving up power. No question the V6 is so much fun to drive. After research between the Altima coupe and the Accord. The Accord outshines the Altima in safety alone. The slalom tests that were between these two cars I would have never believed that the Accord would hug the road as best as it does. However, I am not a speed demon or a risk taker, but the sway bar is incredible. I love this car and am very happy to leave my 4runner behind.

Safety, XM radio, handling, and oh the head turns that I get when I drive this car.

Sturdier bumpers - you can press on them and they push in. Be able to clean the 3rd brake light. I got my windows tinted and the powder is behind it. Drives me crazy.