Used 2008 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Head turner on a budget
By YguY

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Nice exterior design that is a great parallel to the Civic coupe. Can't go anywhere without drawing stares, big smiles, and being constantly asked "wow, what is that"? (must confess I removed all badging, did mild window tint . So only the grill emblem gives it away and most look at the whole picture). After 12,000 miles, 24.6 mpg overall avg. With 30.3 mpg as consistent full tank highway mileage. This has been a terrific driver with no functional or quality issues. Only needs to add drivers seat memory, 2-tone perforated leather, xenons, rear seat interior illumination mounted under front seats, and better tilt. Lose the cheap automatic shifter . This is not 1980! Awesome coupe

Favorite Features

Great looks, tight ride with good balance between handling and real road comfort, Audio/Navi system

Suggested Improvements

Drivers seat memory, 2-tone styling on seating, perforated leather, xenons, expanded interior illumination in rear, better tilt steering column, better styled automatic shifter, passenger seat return location (too upright requiring constant re- adjustment before re-enter front passenger seat)

Almost what I expected.
By Blake

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle thinking that I was going to get a solid, well-built car. For the most part I did with the exception of noisy, squeaky brakes and rattling behind the back speakers. The car drives great and gets better gas mileage than my 2000 Lincoln LS V8. I did take a 3 hour trip in it and my back started hurting 2 hours in. I'm only 22! Dealership experience has been pleasant and the car has a great sound system. Overall, I am happy with my purchase. It looks great, handles well, and gets good gas mileage. I avg about 25 mpg.

Favorite Features

Stereo, ECO, VTEC, heated seats, great looking interior and exterior

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seats, no squeaky brakes and no more rattles near the back speakers. No AVG MPG display and why does it not have tinted windows???

Review @ 18k Miles
By Matt

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

So after 18k miles my review still doesn't get any better. The gas mileage has improved from 18MPG to 21 but that still is not good. I currently need new brakes (front & back) which i've never had to get brakes before 30k miles. I do not have a heavy foot for braking. The vibration between 60-70 MPH still exists. Acceleration seems to be getting weaker and weaker. Road noise in the beginning was bad now it's even worse.

Favorite Features

There is nothing about this car that I consider my favorite anymore.

Suggested Improvements

Take the car design trash it and start over

Great all around car
By Juan

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this car for about 5 months now and it's a pretty nice car. It has decent speed with a really smooth motor. I don't really feel the VCM kicking in for the most part, so I really don't mind it. Gas mileage has been a bit disappointing, but it has been improving. I've averaged about 23.5 mpg, but was expecting much better with the VCM technology. Ride and handling are great. I'm still getting use to the "bigness" of this vehicle as I still sometimes feel like it is just too big for a coupe. Nav has been very useful, but at times has trouble finding everyday stuff like a Costco. Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the vehicle.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are all the tech stuff (NAV/Bluetooth) that come with the EX-L NAV. They never fail to impress the friends. BMW 6 series resemblance.

Suggested Improvements

I wish they could add paddle shifters to the V6 auto and it could also have a nicer shifter than the cheap plastic looking thing it has. They could also upgrade the auto transmission to a 6- speed. Common Honda, everyone else has made the switch!

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 4 cyl
By mark ogle

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have had my Accord coupe for a week and it gets a thumbs-up thus far! Traded in my 99 Mustang GT convertible as I changed jobs and needed a more practical commuter car. This a good choice if (like me) you need an affordable and comfortable commuting vehicle but hate the idea of a boring boxy sedan. The Accord Coupe is stylish and sporty. Thought about the V6 but the 190-horsepower base engine has plenty of power for normal driving and passing.

Favorite Features

XM radio built-in. It's great! 28 mpg on 1st fill, mostly highway.

Suggested Improvements

The seats are a little too firm for my taste. Would it have killed them to put in a little more padding?