Used 2008 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Some people are never happy
By Johnss2k

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

After 8 months and reading some of these reviews I had to chime in. The v6 in my car is awesome. My 5th Accord, 3 had over 300k miles on them. I get 32.7 mpg hwy and 25 hwy when I drive good. When I drive nutty its substantially lower (to be expected by anyone with a brain). People seem to think you can buy something new and abuse it. The car needs to be properly broken is to get the best out of it. I like the option of changing the locking and unlocking of the doors to my preferences. I also have an s2000 another super car. I refused to trade my 1991 Accord in because at 263,000 miles it is still running so good. The oldie will be the parking lot ding car .

Quiet ride . great brakes , Changeable locking system , VCM , ANC , Keyless entry opens the windows and roof , Performance of V6 , Gas miles are higher than expected . The fact that Hondas last like they do . Aside from MY accords my friends have them and have over 200,000 miles

Nothing to the car , I would suggest people learn how to PROPERLY break in a new car, engine and Brakes have to be used properly for 500 -700 miles when new. Overheating brand new brakes causes warping , shimmies in the steering also. I have no issues due to the way I broke my car in . Honda WOW

Head turner on a budget
By YguY

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Nice exterior design that is a great parallel to the Civic coupe. Can't go anywhere without drawing stares, big smiles, and being constantly asked "wow, what is that"? (must confess I removed all badging, did mild window tint . So only the grill emblem gives it away and most look at the whole picture). After 12,000 miles, 24.6 mpg overall avg. With 30.3 mpg as consistent full tank highway mileage. This has been a terrific driver with no functional or quality issues. Only needs to add drivers seat memory, 2-tone perforated leather, xenons, rear seat interior illumination mounted under front seats, and better tilt. Lose the cheap automatic shifter . This is not 1980! Awesome coupe

Great looks, tight ride with good balance between handling and real road comfort, Audio/Navi system

Drivers seat memory, 2-tone styling on seating, perforated leather, xenons, expanded interior illumination in rear, better tilt steering column, better styled automatic shifter, passenger seat return location (too upright requiring constant re- adjustment before re-enter front passenger seat)

Almost what I expected.
By Blake

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle thinking that I was going to get a solid, well-built car. For the most part I did with the exception of noisy, squeaky brakes and rattling behind the back speakers. The car drives great and gets better gas mileage than my 2000 Lincoln LS V8. I did take a 3 hour trip in it and my back started hurting 2 hours in. I'm only 22! Dealership experience has been pleasant and the car has a great sound system. Overall, I am happy with my purchase. It looks great, handles well, and gets good gas mileage. I avg about 25 mpg.

Stereo, ECO, VTEC, heated seats, great looking interior and exterior

More comfortable seats, no squeaky brakes and no more rattles near the back speakers. No AVG MPG display and why does it not have tinted windows???

Review @ 18k Miles
By Matt

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

So after 18k miles my review still doesn't get any better. The gas mileage has improved from 18MPG to 21 but that still is not good. I currently need new brakes (front & back) which i've never had to get brakes before 30k miles. I do not have a heavy foot for braking. The vibration between 60-70 MPH still exists. Acceleration seems to be getting weaker and weaker. Road noise in the beginning was bad now it's even worse.

There is nothing about this car that I consider my favorite anymore.

Take the car design trash it and start over

Great all around car
By Juan

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this car for about 5 months now and it's a pretty nice car. It has decent speed with a really smooth motor. I don't really feel the VCM kicking in for the most part, so I really don't mind it. Gas mileage has been a bit disappointing, but it has been improving. I've averaged about 23.5 mpg, but was expecting much better with the VCM technology. Ride and handling are great. I'm still getting use to the "bigness" of this vehicle as I still sometimes feel like it is just too big for a coupe. Nav has been very useful, but at times has trouble finding everyday stuff like a Costco. Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the vehicle.

My favorite features are all the tech stuff (NAV/Bluetooth) that come with the EX-L NAV. They never fail to impress the friends. BMW 6 series resemblance.

I wish they could add paddle shifters to the V6 auto and it could also have a nicer shifter than the cheap plastic looking thing it has. They could also upgrade the auto transmission to a 6- speed. Common Honda, everyone else has made the switch!