Used 2008 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Accord LX-E
By Wayne

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Beautiful car, got one of the first cars at the dealer when they came out. Very happy with the car enjoy the ride and performance. I am having early wear on the brake, shimmy at 60 mph with 20K miles on the car. Possible design issue, dealer reviewing. Mileage is disappointing.

Favorite Features

Stereo is great for a factory option, seats are comfortable

Suggested Improvements

MPG indicator or trip computer, brakes show signs of early ware, warranty does not match other models on the market.

Awesome Ride!
By Rod

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The first 1,500 miles have been a lot of fun. I am very pleased with the cornering and superb handling of this car. Initially the dashboard controls were a little intimidating, but it doesn't take long to get comfortable with them. Everything is placed perfectly. Voice commands are logical and easy to remember. I've been averaging 28 mpg per tank since about 1,000 miles. No problems. Glad I made the right choice.

Favorite Features

#1: Handsfree Link. Jog/shuttle control knob; dual zone climate control; adjustable center arm rest

Suggested Improvements

For the price, the 4 cyl. EX-L Navi should come with fog lights, auto night mirror, and home link like the V-6

Do your research.
By what?

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

First I am 6'4" and 235 lbs. I fit in the Coupe comfortably. The seat has to be far back so my head does not hit the ceiling. Leg room is adequate. The interior is nicely equipped and I like the XM radio but not the monthly fee. The exterior is ok and looks pretty sharp in the metallic color. The ride is somewhat rough and very noisy. My Toyota Tacoma truck is quieter than this Honda when traveling at high speed. I drive a Charger at work and the Charger rides nicer and is quieter as well. The 4 cylinder is very slow when you need it to go from a dead stop. Go for the 6 cylinder if you can afford it.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, side view mirrors, XM radio, dash lighting and that's about it.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise, rough ride, lack of fast acceleration.

Pretty Sweet
By Merv

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my 01 Acura CLS and thought I might be moving down a notch. Other than a less powerful and somewhat noisier engine, the Honda is about as nice (a lot less money too). The styling of both the Accord and Altima coupe got my attention, but this car gives you more for the money. My experience with the dealership was positive as well.

Favorite Features

The looks, the ride, the sound system, the "wows" you hear and the heads that turn. The Ipod adapter in the console is cool too.

Suggested Improvements

Some limited visibility. Gas mileage is just so-so, but not much to complain about as far as I can see.

Some people are never happy
By Johnss2k

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

After 8 months and reading some of these reviews I had to chime in. The v6 in my car is awesome. My 5th Accord, 3 had over 300k miles on them. I get 32.7 mpg hwy and 25 hwy when I drive good. When I drive nutty its substantially lower (to be expected by anyone with a brain). People seem to think you can buy something new and abuse it. The car needs to be properly broken is to get the best out of it. I like the option of changing the locking and unlocking of the doors to my preferences. I also have an s2000 another super car. I refused to trade my 1991 Accord in because at 263,000 miles it is still running so good. The oldie will be the parking lot ding car .

Favorite Features

Quiet ride . great brakes , Changeable locking system , VCM , ANC , Keyless entry opens the windows and roof , Performance of V6 , Gas miles are higher than expected . The fact that Hondas last like they do . Aside from MY accords my friends have them and have over 200,000 miles

Suggested Improvements

Nothing to the car , I would suggest people learn how to PROPERLY break in a new car, engine and Brakes have to be used properly for 500 -700 miles when new. Overheating brand new brakes causes warping , shimmies in the steering also. I have no issues due to the way I broke my car in . Honda WOW