2008 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
It is still a good value.
By capeangler on 03/27/14 10:13 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2008 Ex-l v-6 . 80000 miles. I have had none of the reported problems in the 18 months I have had this car. The v-6 Accord has great power but the mileage is no where near the EPA estimate. I get 18-22 city and 25-26 highway. The cylinder deactivation seems smooth but I feel the effect on Mpg is minimal. The only thing I had to do was replace the heater motor which I have done on every Honda I have owned, and there has been several. I have to say that the lexus is a much more quiet and refined car but it is also quite a bit more expensive. I would have bought the Es 350 If I had driven it before I purchased the Honda. My mechanic says Honda and Toyota are bad for his business. Enough said

Not what Honda a worthy car
By herkel on 12/21/13 15:58 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the 2008 Honda Accord V6 late in 08 & really thought this was a car that would be built good & solid. In November 2013 it was missing when I would stop so I took it to be looked at the local garage. They mentioned that Honda has had a lot of trouble with these V6's & that they don't even suggest buying a Honda anymore when someone asks for a reliable car. They had checked it out & replaced the #3 plug which from the posts on line, this is a common problem. So after getting home I looked online as to the problem with these & find that they start burning oil. This seemed total crazy, a car burning oil before, say 100K? In the old days yes but newer cars? Some had said they were putting

It's great!
By carfreak17 on 03/31/13 09:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I think it's a great overall car, it looks great, hauls ass! Gets good mileage, and me and my wife find it very comfortable. Doesn't matter what vehicle you buy, your bound to have something fail or break. People need to remember that people build vehicles in plants where there mass assembled, so there's going to be some lazy people or accidents made when they built them. Sometimes you get a lemon, but with a Honda your pretty much getting a very well built car! Myself and all people I know that own a Honda have way less problems than people that own other vehicle brands. My only complaint is the heated seat option doesn't get very warm.

Disappointed
By 2008accord1234 on 03/02/12 09:09 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is not typical Honda. As in the other posts, there are many rattles with this car. I believe the cheap plastic cover over the rear speakers accounts for one. Dash panels do not line up properly. My brakes made it to 48k, which I guess is pretty good condsidering others' experience. The VCM is very noticable. On long flat highways, it constanty switches from the 4 to 3 mode which causes a shutter (and nausea). The seats are terrible. Way too hard and too much lumber even in the min setting. After a road trip, your back aches from the seats and you want to throw up from the VCM. Get 29 on the highway. Avg 24 summer, Summer, 21 winter.

Disappointed in Honda
By badhonda on 08/27/11 07:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Worst car I have ever owned. Bought this car new and it developed a rattle in the first month. They added insulation around the speakers. Six month check-up required new brakes which I had to pay full cost. I later learned Honda had a brake problem with this car. Before the car was two years old the interior lights "burned out". At two years old the "seat belt light" came on. The dealership did not notice or correct . At three years old they checked the seat belt light and decided the air bag switch was defective and needed to be replace for $500+, at our cost. The air bags had were disabled this entire time (safety feature not working). I bought the Accord for quality. It is not!

Still satisfied
By 08Owner on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Two and a half years into ownership and still no problems. I have not had any of the maligned brake issues. I averaged ~ 27 MPG, mostly highway. Seats could go back a little farther (I'm 6'3") and are a little uncomfortable. V6 performance is not the best, but not bad. VCM is not noticeable. Rear seat headroom is terrific. Visibility is great. The EX-L's stock rims are strange, but not ugly. Auto-tinting rear view mirror is great. Radio and climate controls are not as cluttered as they're made out to be. Have noticed that windshield fluid sprayers tend to freeze in winter (Cleveland winters). The car isn't perfect (what car is?), but with no repairs to speak of how can I complain?

Honda Hassle
By seephone on 08/26/10 18:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought a Honda thinking that we would keep this car for at least 5 years, but after 2, we can't wait to get rid of it. We had brake problems the first day that we brought it home. Dealership would not really address the problem. I had to purchase a set of aftermarket brakes and rotors to fix the problem. The body panels and paint are cheaply made. It seems that we have more road chips and scratches then paint left! Would not buy another Honda!

Not again
By bksa on 06/28/10 09:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first Honda we have owned, and our last. We bought the car because of the "name" that Honda has and the reliability. Well, the rattle in the dash, road noise, and brake pad issues, now I am looking to trade. If Honda knows about the brake problems why are they not recalling them and fixing them? Our dealership told us about the class action law suit, which we knew about already, and told us they could fix it and we could pay and then send the receipt to them for a refund of $150! Why don't they just fix it? Very aggravating!

Honda Accord sedan
By NATRAY on 06/21/10 15:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Body design and performance great, but inside terrible. Noise, noise, noise and I drive the top model exl6. The radio is hard to listen with all the noise. I have had 8 hondas and this will probably be my last. The dash cannot be read in sunlight or cloudy days. [ the 2004 model dash was great ]. It seems they backtracked. The visors are skimpy compared to 2004. I have owned 8 accords since 1979 and this was the most disappointing one. My wife owned four. Any friends that ride in my car, hear the noise and they state. Not for them

Wish I Could Love This Car, But I Don't
By Jeff on 06/16/10 07:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Based on Honda's reputation, I bought this Accord. Initially, I loved it. But, in the two years I've owned it, I have had constant brake problems (car shakes under braking and the brakes wore out early). The dealership replaced the brakes all the way around at no charge. Then I had the A/C leak water all over my feet. The seats are extremely uncomfortable. I dread the thought of long trips in this car. Finally, my biggest complaint is the noises I hear from parts of the car. Honda is known for their build quality but all I do is go from one rattle to the other. The dealership has gotten to know me quite well. As long as I have a warranty, they're going to fix my rattles.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Honda Accord Sedan in NJ is:

$194 per month*