Used 2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

It is still a good value.
By capeangler

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2008 Ex-l v-6 . 80000 miles. I have had none of the reported problems in the 18 months I have had this car. The v-6 Accord has great power but the mileage is no where near the EPA estimate. I get 18-22 city and 25-26 highway. The cylinder deactivation seems smooth but I feel the effect on Mpg is minimal. The only thing I had to do was replace the heater motor which I have done on every Honda I have owned, and there has been several. I have to say that the lexus is a much more quiet and refined car but it is also quite a bit more expensive. I would have bought the Es 350 If I had driven it before I purchased the Honda. My mechanic says Honda and Toyota are bad for his business. Enough said

Favorite Features

Power, xm radio. Huge rear seat. lots of room.

Suggested Improvements

Could be quieter. Transmission could shift smoother.

Not what Honda a worthy car
By herkel

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the 2008 Honda Accord V6 late in 08 & really thought this was a car that would be built good & solid. In November 2013 it was missing when I would stop so I took it to be looked at the local garage. They mentioned that Honda has had a lot of trouble with these V6's & that they don't even suggest buying a Honda anymore when someone asks for a reliable car. They had checked it out & replaced the #3 plug which from the posts on line, this is a common problem. So after getting home I looked online as to the problem with these & find that they start burning oil. This seemed total crazy, a car burning oil before, say 100K? In the old days yes but newer cars? Some had said they were putting

Favorite Features

Continuation- a quart of oil in every 1K. So I thought this can't be right so I checked the oil in the Accord. Sure enough it was a quart low 4K after an oil change. Other problems are terrible noise in the interior, steering wheel shaking really bad when braking hard & it went though the first set of brake pads in no time. Favorite feature? GETTING rid of it! The only other thing I liked was XM radio but the stereo you had a hard time hearing over the noises & rattle anyway.

Suggested Improvements

Honda needs to reengineer the engine if they haven't for the latest model. I believe since it's a variable displacement motor is that #3 cylinder burns the plug out maybe from turning on & off. then fuel continues to go in the cylinder washing the oil off the piston rings which then ruins the rings & sleeve causing oil to pass the rings & burn. The other major defects are the rattles in the car (Many people complain about this). The back deck in the cabin is the worst! The other is brake problems. Mine shook so bad when braking hard you really had to hold on to the wheel.

It's great!
By carfreak17

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I think it's a great overall car, it looks great, hauls ass! Gets good mileage, and me and my wife find it very comfortable. Doesn't matter what vehicle you buy, your bound to have something fail or break. People need to remember that people build vehicles in plants where there mass assembled, so there's going to be some lazy people or accidents made when they built them. Sometimes you get a lemon, but with a Honda your pretty much getting a very well built car! Myself and all people I know that own a Honda have way less problems than people that own other vehicle brands. My only complaint is the heated seat option doesn't get very warm.

Favorite Features

The power from a smaller engine that still gets good mileage! Great looks, comfort, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

A more original style instrument cluster.

Disappointed
By 2008accord1234

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is not typical Honda. As in the other posts, there are many rattles with this car. I believe the cheap plastic cover over the rear speakers accounts for one. Dash panels do not line up properly. My brakes made it to 48k, which I guess is pretty good condsidering others' experience. The VCM is very noticable. On long flat highways, it constanty switches from the 4 to 3 mode which causes a shutter (and nausea). The seats are terrible. Way too hard and too much lumber even in the min setting. After a road trip, your back aches from the seats and you want to throw up from the VCM. Get 29 on the highway. Avg 24 summer, Summer, 21 winter.

Favorite Features

Better exterior styling than the 03-07. Lots of room. Good power.

Suggested Improvements

Re-program or just dump the VCM. What is wrong with the seat designers? They must not have a spine. Go sit in a Nissan or Toyota and copy those seats.

Disappointed in Honda
By badhonda

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Worst car I have ever owned. Bought this car new and it developed a rattle in the first month. They added insulation around the speakers. Six month check-up required new brakes which I had to pay full cost. I later learned Honda had a brake problem with this car. Before the car was two years old the interior lights "burned out". At two years old the "seat belt light" came on. The dealership did not notice or correct . At three years old they checked the seat belt light and decided the air bag switch was defective and needed to be replace for $500+, at our cost. The air bags had were disabled this entire time (safety feature not working). I bought the Accord for quality. It is not!

Suggested Improvements

Fix the safety features. This is not a safe family car or safe for a teenage driver.