Used 2008 Honda Accord EX V-6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Still a great car
By azsoonerfan

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my accord new back in July 2008. Currently have about 75,000 miles. This has a been a great car so far. The engine is smooth and has plenty of pull. It is a comfortable car for road trips, we frequenlty make a 5-6 hour drive to California with two small childern in the back, plenty of room for everyone. Still love the design of the car, has the look of a 5 series BMW. We average about 23mpg, mostly city driving. On the hwy, I have gotten up to 29mpg (setting the cruise to about 80mph). Here are the issues with this car. First, the door trim pops loose all the time, a quick push and it is back on, but a little annoying. Second, the rear brakes wear out too quickly.

Favorite Features

Smooth engine, plenty of interior space, large truck, great styling that stands the test of time, reliability, decent gas milage, great handling

Suggested Improvements

Rear brakes wear out too quick - last about 25-35K miles Door trim keeps poping off Rubber timing belt that needs to be replaced every 60K miles, which is a bit expensive

Honda Padding the dealers pocket
By ramjet1

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great car with two noted exceptions. Road noise. As the top model for the Honda line I expected it to be quieter. My Nissan Frontier pick-up has a quiter cockpit. Exception #2 putting a rubber timing belt on an the V6 engine is planned obsolesence, and requiring it to be replaced at 60,000 miles. All this does is pad the Honda dealers pockets. Why is it necessary for Honda to give back money to the dealer? They build a great car but engineeer in a requirement that forces you back to the delaer every 60K to change the belt. That change is $700 + in 2011.

Favorite Features

Performance, road holding.

Suggested Improvements

Put a timing chain on the V6 in stead of the elastic band.

Step it up Honda
By fab82

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Where do I begin? Aside f/my 08 Accord, I also own an 02 accord coupe. My old accord drives better, is quieter, and the interior appears sleeker. I am a tad bit disappointed in the 08 model. The paint used on this model is extra cheap, for a vehicle that has been garage kept I shouldn't be seeing rust where the paint has chipped away. The paint shouldn't be chipping @ all. The brakes/rotors are shot (although they were just replaced 4 months ago). The stereo system is nice, but the speakers are cheap! Outside noise is apparent, my old Honda rides like a spaceship!Honda's used to be flawless...not anymore.

Favorite Features

Favorite features include the radio, interior space, exterior, look of the interior, trunk space, and it seems to be good on gas.

Suggested Improvements

I suggest that Honda improves on the quality of all of their future vehicles, and learn f/their 2008 mistake. This accord also handles sloppy on curvy roads, outside noise is apparent

My favorite Honda to date
By SatisfiedAccordOwner

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have 25,000 miles on it. I did just have the rear brake pads replaced and the rotors resurfaced, which 50% will be reimbursed by the class action suit. Other than that, no problems. Plenty of power with the V6, no issues with V6. Road noise isn't any more than when I test drove it (and is not bad). Seats are not any less comfortable than when I test drove it (and are not bad). Radio controls are not any more confusing now than when I test drove it. Materials in dashboard are not any cheaper looking now than when I test drove it.

Favorite Features

Power, handling, styling, interior space, trunk space, solid feel, high resale value

Suggested Improvements

MP3 controls

It will be gone
By first & last

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first & LAST Honda. The VCM was noticeable soon after purchase and is only getting worse. Yes, I have been to the dealer multiple times and get the standard "normal" or "not noticed" response. The car surges even when on flat roads in cruise. In heavy traffic, it is dangerous. The drivablility is worse than my old cars were 30 years ago. Both front windows rattle as does the rear shelf-- which I padded myself eventually. I guess it was designed to allow even light drizzle to collect on the roof and empty on to the door panel.

Favorite Features

It looks nice.

Suggested Improvements

Dump the VCM! I will eagerly trade a few MPG for a reliable response when I need it. Actually test drive your vehicles in real traffic before you unleash them on the public.