2008 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Disappointed - Will not buy another
By JTC on 01/25/09 08:43 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Have been reading these reviews and I have same issue with dimming headlights. One dealer suggested it may be the power management system in these cars reducing alternator load to save fuel. Acts like engine cooling fan cycling, but also occurs at speed, below 20 deg. F with A/C off. Car has occasional no-start problem, like not getting fuel. Dealer checked and "unable to duplicate". Leased this car to get away from problems with an older car. Now issues are arising with the new one and no solutions. Very frustrating! Most disturbing is the large number of folks citing bad customer service. What happened Honda?!

Love my car
By R.Lamar on 08/10/08 14:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After owning a Honda Accord EX (totaled), Volkswagen Passat wagon (engine water damage), and Mazda c-x7 (trade-in) I had to go back to the Honda the gas mileage can't be beat. Love the smooth 5-speed manual and adore the quiet ride. I can also fit three car seats in the back which was the reason I was able to go back the the Honda family.

Good Car so Far
By Rebecca on 02/27/08 08:14 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Honda in November 2007. This is my second Honda Accord and so far I have not been disappointed. My previous Honda Accord was a 1996 and it is still going strong. I hope to have the same success out of the 2008 model. I was looking for a new sedan that would have plenty of leg room for my two sons and so far I have been pleased. I compared it to the Nissan Altima which came in a close second but the Accord had better safety features and the insurance is cheaper. I have been disappointed with fuel economy. 75% of my driving is state highways and I only get about 26-27 miles/gal. which is less than my previous 12 yr. old Accord.

Mileage Disapointment
By Doug on 12/24/07 11:00 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my new Accord. It is fun to drive and roomy. At 6'3" I can sit comfortably in the drivers seat and have an unobstructed view out the windows. Unfortuantely, I am a bit disappointed with the MPG. I use the highway extensively. Between town and the Highway I only get about 1-2 MPG over my former 2000 6cyl Accord. The best gas mileage I have achieved for this 4 cyl. has been 30 MPG on 250 miles of continuous flat terain highway traveling no higher than 68 Miles per hour mostly on cruise. Around town I am averaging about 17 MPG. For a 4 cyl. vehicle, I expected better especially since I drive conservatively. Bottom line - This is a great car but dont expect it to spoil OPECs bottom line

The perfect family car
By David Morin on 12/08/07 15:24 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

When my wife totaled our Mazda6 Wagon I was sure we'd replace it with a new Honda CRV. But after seeing the new Accord in the flesh it was too good to pass up. It was bigger, got better MPG, still offered a stickshift, and was cheaper. Even our "base" LX has all the amenities, all the safety items we demanded, and a ton of passenger space. The exterior, which looked so odd in pictures, is quite appealing in person. We got the black cloth interior and the polished metal exterior. It handles flatly in corners yet doesn't punish you with a harsh ride. The shifter is typical Honda-perfect. With a set of snow tires it's handling VT winter like a champ.

Quality with reservations
By WoWo on 12/04/07 17:58 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My initial drive of this new model surprised me and I purchased it vs the Camry or Altima. I spend 3 hrs a day commuting and the car has been a little disappointing - there is hesitation when I try to accelerate; interior seat bolsters are to high and rub each time we get in and out - will wear out quickly. In cold weather the multiple piece dash layout rattles and creaks for 40 minutes until the interior warms up. Cubic ft of trunk is large but odd interior shape prevents effective use for large luggage pieces. Wipers and window wash are recessed below defroster line and freeze in place with defroster on. This new model is quieter than the old Accord and it does handle well.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.