Used 2008 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Excellent Vehicle
By GF

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Accord new, it now has 102,000 miles and is eight years old. I replaced the rear brakes twice during the first 30,000 miles of ownership. The front brakes are the original brakes (hard to believe). The rear brakes have not been replaced since the redesign (70,000 miles on the rear pads). The only other problems I've had are the sway bar bushings and the SRS module. The SRS module was replaced by the dealer free of charge even though the car had over 100,000 miles (Thank you Fisher Honda, Harry Snyder is the best service representative I have ever encountered). The car has never burned a drop of oil and handles all elements well here in Colorado with Nokian WRG3 tires. It's been a very comfortable car overall, however the road noise is high compared to other vehicles in it's class. In fact, my only significant complaint is the road noise. I've considered replacing it, but it just drives too well to replace. It drives almost the same as when I drove it off the lot, I'll probably keep it 2-3 more years as long as it remains trouble free. Just a great car.

Honda reliability reputation-A thing of the past
By Jim

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car brand new and had problems shortly after with fit and finish - the carpet would continually pull up on the passenger size. The dealer failed 3 times to re-attach it and after a stern talking to, agreed to replace the carpet with one that fit. In the meantime, the dealer would perform unnecessary maintenance at their convenience until I gave the service manager an F-bomb laden speech about who gets to decide what gets done to my car on my money (they threw out my 15$ old filter and mobile 1 synthetic change that was less than a month old to replace it with shop-quality replacements that time). I had the usual problems with brakes and rotor replacements and I thought it was all over. Then I get a notice about oil burning and the 2.4L engine. They extended the warranty in a way that seems to suggest they will try to weasel out of paying out. This is done by limiting mileage and date and specifying a redemption process which is a PIA. I did have to add a quart between changes, but I try to take care of this car as if I would keep it forever - this is why I spend the extra money to get high-quality fluids and filters and yet keep to the mgr's maintenance schedule. I have just sent some used oil out for analysis and if it shows oil burning at 73K miles, I will trade the car in. The transmission went out at 72k and required a full replacement. Since I had no faith in the abilities of the dealership, I had the work done at an independent shop I trust. I inquired about a "honda good faith" program and the gentlemen basically tried to hang up on me when I told him I wasn't working with a dealer. I asked him how long a transmission should last and the answer in a nutshell was 5 years/50K miles. This lifetime on a modern car is, quite frankly - unacceptable. I've had 3 Hondas in the past and they were boring and reliable. This one is just boring. So no more Hondas for me. Ever.

Never again
By Sharon

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

At 96000 miles, I just put my 5th set of back brakes on the car! Honda tells me it's the way I drive... Funny I'm driving a Toyota for the last two years and the back brakes still need replacing... Other than a new battery at 3 years and problems with spiders and webs causing a sensor to break, front brakes x 1 and tires etc it's been reliable that is if you don't mind replacing back brakes every year or two!

Owned many Hondas, second Accord
By 4grandsons

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased my 2008 Accord EX-L sedan, 4-cyl, 5-speed automatic new in March 2008. It now has 130,000 miles on it and has been just a reliable as the 2002 Accord EX I had previously. Had the rear brakes replaced with the "new" Honda brake pads and have not had any issues. While it is not the perfect car, it has been very reliable, just like the 2002 was before. Had the complete service done at 105,000 miles and it runs like new. Not the quietest car, but the right tires make all the difference when it comes to road noise. I cannot justify replacing it, it runs too well.

Good all around car without a lot of the bells and whistles of similar models from the same model year. Dual zone A/C, automatic headlights, and moonroof are favorite features.

Despite the active noise cancelling system, this car is noisy, but the right tires help with the road noise tremendously. Seats are not very comfortable, especially for long trips. No Bluetooth or seat/mirror memory, but this now available on newer models.

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4cyl 5-speed manual
By carlostnc65

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car two years ago used with 71,000 miles. - Avg 25 mpg good for its time and size car. - I have not warmed up to the VTEC engine, all the power up top is great for a performance car, not so great for a family car. The car has three definitive power curves, 1000-3500 rpm for tooling around, 3500-5000 rpm for brisk acceleration like a freeway on ramp, then 5000-7200 rpm for all out pull. For what it is, in that top rev range, it has great power but waiting to get there is tiresome. - The car rides great and its obvious this car is well balanced for the front driver, but get in a curve with uneven pavement and you find the damping to be too soft and the car pitch uncontrol

Appearance - To each his/her own but I love it, inside and out. Size/Comfort - It is the perfect size car to me, big enough to fit five full size adults, without feeling like a limo. Features - This car is welled optioned with leather interior, sunroof, upgraded stereo, and still has a manual transmission! The double click and hold feature on the unlock button of the key remote opening all the windows and sunroof is great in the summer. The courtesy light is a great feature at night as well, lighting the interior of the car. It has to be the best sounding four cylinder on the road.

Transmission - Good gate feel but doesn't like to be rushed between gears. First to second under hard acceleration almost requires a double clutch to get it to shift. The ultimate sin, the gears are to spread out to keep the engine in its top power band. Build Quality and Reliability - Hard to believe this car wears a Honda badge. VTC failed first, then I noticed the car would use a quart of oil every 700 miles. I had to replace the engine due to a known piston ring issue that Honda would not fix. Add rattles, hanging trim, and fading switches and my daughter's 2007 Jeep Compass with same size engine has proven to be a much better built car. I can't believe it.

• SUV