2008 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
It is still a good value.
By capeangler on 03/27/14 10:13 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2008 Ex-l v-6 . 80000 miles. I have had none of the reported problems in the 18 months I have had this car. The v-6 Accord has great power but the mileage is no where near the EPA estimate. I get 18-22 city and 25-26 highway. The cylinder deactivation seems smooth but I feel the effect on Mpg is minimal. The only thing I had to do was replace the heater motor which I have done on every Honda I have owned, and there has been several. I have to say that the lexus is a much more quiet and refined car but it is also quite a bit more expensive. I would have bought the Es 350 If I had driven it before I purchased the Honda. My mechanic says Honda and Toyota are bad for his business. Enough said

Not what Honda a worthy car
By herkel on 12/21/13 15:58 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the 2008 Honda Accord V6 late in 08 & really thought this was a car that would be built good & solid. In November 2013 it was missing when I would stop so I took it to be looked at the local garage. They mentioned that Honda has had a lot of trouble with these V6's & that they don't even suggest buying a Honda anymore when someone asks for a reliable car. They had checked it out & replaced the #3 plug which from the posts on line, this is a common problem. So after getting home I looked online as to the problem with these & find that they start burning oil. This seemed total crazy, a car burning oil before, say 100K? In the old days yes but newer cars? Some had said they were putting

Cost Reduction Design
By fosterphx1 on 06/29/13 16:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased new, now have 85k miles. Experienced all the problems reported (brakes, road noise, cheap interior, rattles, and easily scratched paint). The Navigation system was delivered with very out of date maps, voice recognition is poor (buy a Garmin for $200), and the suspension feels very heavy and loose over rough pavement. Rebuilt the front end at 80k, lost two batteries due to a failing AC pressure relief valve, and the auto AC is not designed for Phoenix weather. (fan never comes on high speed even if cabin >100 degrees). Trunk volume diminished by hinges. Should be designed for struts. Should have dumped this car earlier before the resale value declined.

Bad Rear Wheel Bearing Assemblies also...
By ughagain on 06/14/13 03:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Thought new tires put on at 55,000 miles were noisy; ended up both rear wheel bearing assemblies were shot. Brother-in-law recognized this at 67,500 miles and replaced. Scarey to think how long I drove car not realizing this was problem. Not have parts available at car parts stores as they all said these should not be worn out. Googled and see others mention this problem. Honda need to make Accord owners aware of this major problem. Hope they get sued again!!! Car has 70,000 miles and on 3rd set of brakes. Brother-in-law did for $50; 2nd set was $300 as on the road & no choice. Honda need to make Accord owners aware of this problem. Nissan Altima here I come...

It's great!
By carfreak17 on 03/31/13 09:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I think it's a great overall car, it looks great, hauls ass! Gets good mileage, and me and my wife find it very comfortable. Doesn't matter what vehicle you buy, your bound to have something fail or break. People need to remember that people build vehicles in plants where there mass assembled, so there's going to be some lazy people or accidents made when they built them. Sometimes you get a lemon, but with a Honda your pretty much getting a very well built car! Myself and all people I know that own a Honda have way less problems than people that own other vehicle brands. My only complaint is the heated seat option doesn't get very warm.

HONDA NO MORE
By divakeys on 02/14/13 08:48 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had been a Honda owner for years....Loved them. Bought the 2008 Honda Accord, new. Rear brakes went on it 2x before the fronts. Honda did nothing for me....said there was a class-action law suit, and too bad for me as I was too late. Then, it was running out of oil in between changes. I have never put a drop of oil in any of my vehicles in between 3000 mile oil changes. Honda said it was normal. I could not believe that they asked me to believe this. Then , there was no oil being pumped into the engine when I started it. Enough for me. I sold it, and 2 weeks later they recalled the car for the same probs. I had complained about. They never reimbursed me for anything. Sayonara.

96,000 miles in 4.5 years
By khansen0522 on 01/21/13 09:41 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great car, not excellent. No major problems after 96k miles. pluses are DECENT gas mileage. I get 27 combine with the 4cyl. very roomy, no mechnical failures. Good solid, dependable car. Minuses are the same as others (maybe my experiences arent quite as bad). i just put my 3rd set of rear brakes on. thats $260 worth. 2nd set of tires at 70k miles for $880 and a battery at 80k miles for $80. other than that its has been normal oil changes. I am slightly dissapointed with the paint, its not bad but i do a lot of highway driving and it doesnt hold up to the chips and bugs from the road. Paint seems very thin. also the center console bubbled on the leather, same as others.

Reliable car
By jthunders on 12/14/12 14:18 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Reading some of the reviews makes me wonder if I'm just lucky or if it has to do with people driving habits. I bought this car new in 2008, to date no major maintenance has been required. I have driven 70,000 miles and have not done anything other than oil changes and got new tires a month ago. Some people complained about the rattling near the back speakers which is a recall that was rectified when I first bought the car for free. Some complained about the brakes but I havent changed the brakes yet.

The Biggest Mistake of my Life
By mostinfamous3 on 08/12/12 17:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I brought this car Oct 07 brand new with 28 miles. Today I'm sitting in pure frustration as my car now needs a 3rd timing chain replacement and no Honda Tech can expain to me why my car keeps needing timing chains, first it was the rear brake pad issue, then it was the ridiculously small battery issue, this care is a money pit. I've spent over $3500 this year just to keep transportation to work. This will be my last Honda ever..hate it too, I've been loyal to Honda since '85

steering wheel column
By shellb92 on 05/25/12 07:07 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my car almost 2 yrs ago. It was cute car and great on gas. I bought it used so at first it needed a little work. I left the lot w the car and the car died, so they replaced the battery. Plus none of the car key remotes worked so they replaced all those batteries.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.