Used 2008 Honda Accord EX Coupe Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Don't ever buy the accord.
By Drew

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I brought this car because I needed something good on gas and not 30,000 dollars.
- the rear brakes went bad at 40,000 miles
- the front bumper stated sagging down from the Hood and headlights
- can't get over the road noise. I blast the radio every time I drive it.
- the car nudges when acceleration like the car not getting enough gas. Does have good power over 3500 rpm.
- the seats are hard. Back hurts after long drives. Feels like you are sitting on a blanket with a piece of plywood on top. I thought when I brought it the seats would break in over time. Not this car. The seats are as hard as the day I got it. Now has 80000 miles on it.
- chrome paint on grill is flaking off. Paint on hood started comming off. Looked like it was bubbling underneath the paint then every time I washed it I loosed paint. Has the hood painted at 50000 miles. I still can't get over the hood getting painted. I mean every time you get in the car and look out the window you always see the hood.
- overall I still own the car. I wish I sold it to a couple who wanted it more than I did. I've had Hondas in the past. But this one has the be the least one I like. The others were a 1986 crx. That was the most fun Honda I ever drove. It was fast good on gas everything. Next was a 1996 accord. It ran and drive fine when I sold it. Nothing went wrong with it.
All said and done. For new honda owners test driving a car does not tell you everything. I know a lot of cars have the good things and the bad things about them. I brought my honda because at the time were the best selling cars. It looked cool sporty and in my price range. My 1990 mustang looks better and had no problems like the accord. But I don't think I'll buy another Honda. Ever

Not the Honda you remember
By pesci

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Avoid this model. I came off a 2005 honda civic. Best car I have ever owned. Not a problem at 117k miles and still on original brakes.

So where to begin with this car?
I bought this over priced junk with 30k miles on it.
Traded it with 97k miles.
1. Brakes went out right away. .
2. Battery went out at 70k miles.
3. Vinyl on center and door panel
armrest bubbled, split
4. Seats feel like wood.
5. Interior rattles excessive
6. Glovebox defective on all models
7. Chrome peeled off brand new oem steering wheel emblem.
8. Bushing wore out of shifter very quickly

Car reminds me of a Chrysler. Over engineered piece of crap.

Last car I had with this many problems was a 1980 Chrysler Cordoba. What car's interior vinyl bubbles and cracks at 50k miles and is a problem across all Accords? This car is a disaster. I spoke with people at dealership saying same thing. Don't trust these to last long. I traded mine off at 97k and went to Nissan. Atleast the chrome doesn't peel off my emblems and I haven't had to replace my brakes 3 times. Don't buy these models. Don't buy these models

Maybe A Lemon?
By Matt

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Since leasing my accord in Oct: 1: it broke down in December - had to replace the overhead cams, fuel injectors, battery and a few other things 2: in Feb I discover there is an oil leak 3: in Feb I feel a vibration when driving - have a rim & tire replaced and all tires balanced. Honda didn't have the specs to do a front end alignment and told me to wait 4: I meet with an arbitrator who then gets the car aligned - still vibrating 5: the car averages less then 20MPG in a good week. Sometimes as low as 17 6: I'm waiting to see what goes next?

I love the design of the car - it's sporty and it looks good.

External Temp Gauge, HID headlights, Better Gas Mileage, Bluetooth w/o nav, XM in EX models

Awesome Vehicle!
By NAVI

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My last three vehicles were purchased brand new and this was my first Honda and definitely will not be my last! Wow, what a car! I have the 2.4l engine and find it has plenty of speed for me. The car handles great, is a blast to drive, and is getting the gas mileage as advertised. The interior is appealing and the exterior is total eye candy! I love my 08 Accord Coupe!

I love all the options that come with the EX package.

None so far. Great job Honda!

What a Difference
By MAV

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car exceeded our expectations. Who would have thought it could be this sporty? Neighbors envy it, our friends thought it was awesome. Lots of looks and comments from people. Our teen wants one.

Dash, drive, leg room (in front seat).

Arm rests and mid console could use a better fabric. Seat belts need to be adjustable.