2008 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
My 08 Coupe best car ever bought8/
By jezebellejizz on 01/11/14 13:13 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Fonda (as in Fonda the Honda) is one of the bet cars I've ever purchased. I was a little surpsied that the road noise was a bit more predominant than it should have been considering this was a gosh darn $29,000 purchase brand new, loaded up to the teets and all. My only complaint is the junky paint quality. I swear even looking at the car makes scratches appear. That is ridiculous and I've spent almost $2,000 in 5 years fixing Fonda's scratches, dings, blemishes and it really sucks.....but on other hand, she is black and I knew what I was in for....p.s. I keep saying no more black cars but this is the 3rd in a row....still, the paint should be better [non-permissible content removed]!

08 accord coupe V6 AT
By butler1985 on 07/24/13 17:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the car used with two other owners before me. Had 68k miles. Test drove it twice, and did not notice a weird shuttle in 2nd and 3rd gear. After using the car to drive to work which is 38 miles away I noticed a transmission problem. Took it to dealer and they said they could not find a problem but offered a software update for the transmission. The update was $110 and DID fix the problem. I didn't think it would but its been 4 days of driving and have not done it one time. I do love the car, it's fun for someone how does not consider the accord coupe to be a performance car, it is not but gives a good feel for one.

Not the Honda you remember
By pesci on 06/17/13 06:07 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Avoid this model. I came off a 2005 honda civic. Best car I have ever owned. Not a problem at 117k miles and still on original brakes. So where to begin with this car? I bought this over priced junk with 30k miles on it. Traded it with 97k miles. 1. Brakes went out right away. . 2. Battery went out at 70k miles. 3. Vinyl on center and door panel armrest bubbled, split 4. Seats feel like wood. 5. Interior rattles excessive 6. Glovebox defective on all models 7. Chrome peeled off brand new oem steering wheel emblem. 8. Bushing wore out of shifter very quickly

Glad I'm not alone....
By mrsag on 06/12/13 14:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my 08' with 16k miles on it. Currently it has 48800 on it and I've replaced the brakes once (front and rear) although I am feeling like I am close to a second set already. I am also having the rattle at cold start and losing oil like crazy. Also seems to drop at idle and has even stalled a few times which is terrifying when you are at a stop on a highway!!! Dealership where I bought it is a toyo dealership so are unfamiliar with Honda issues. Did purchase a warranty through them so hoping they can figure it out after I've managed to do all the research for them.

This Car Helped Save My Life
By macy1022 on 03/01/13 07:33 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car used with 14,000 miles on it in 04/2009. With the exception of a brake repair fairly early on I had no problems with it. The interior did feel a little cheap compared to my two previous Honda Accords (1994, 2000), but it didn't bother me too terribly. I was driving this car home when I was rear ended by a distracted driver. I was stopped in traffic, and he hit me at around 50 MPH. The force of the crash deployed the airbags and totaled out the car. It was unrecognizable. Yet despite the severity of the crash, I had few injuries thanks to this Honda and its safety features. That car saved my life, and I will forever be grateful that I was driving it that day.

Can't Wait to Sell It
By megake02 on 04/15/12 19:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Our 1998 Accord Coupe was a better car - didn't need a repair until 185k. This car has proven to be reliable with nearly 80k on it (first set of brakes had to be replaced at 35k but second set it still fine at 45k). Changing lanes on the left side is downright scary due to very poor visibility and acceleration is poor. I live in congested NJ and you have to gun it to merge onto the highways and the 4 cyl doesn't cut it. The paint quality is also poor. I get the car hand washed monthly but I have two rust spots already. I see older dark colored Accords with faded paint and I am concerned The plan is to trade it in just before 100k so I can avoid replacing the timing belt and tires.

Awesome alternative to BMW/Audi
By cvdood on 03/09/12 20:12 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Having been a Honda owner for 10yrs I wanted a change but didn't want to put up with the excessive cost of ownership of the Euro entry-luxe cars. I was going to replace my 4door Accord with the gorgeous Lexus IS350 but found this beauty on the lot and on the very first drive was sold. So much different than the 4door, super sporty, great looks and that engine, revs upto 8000rpm and begs to be driven hard. IMHO this is the only real life alternative to the mustang if you're looking for a sporty coupe with an eye towards your wallet and the resale value when you're ready for something new.

An overall really good choice
By bluebolt87 on 09/25/11 20:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I get a lot of comments and compliments about how slick my black Honda Accord Coupe looks. It's got a peppy engine, pretty good mpg, well done interiors, and reliable. I couldn't complain.

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR
By stadem06 on 08/09/11 19:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have been a loyal Honda owner for many years, always drove the Civic. In 2008 I fell in love with the new Accord Coupe and traded in my 1 yr old Civic to step up. That was a mistake. I just had to replace my rear brakes, my 4th pair in 3 years. I had to get the engine worked on because it would make a rattling sound every morning when I would start the car. The center console "Leather" is coming apart & the leather seats look stained from my clothes. Overall I am very disappointed.

The Last Honda I'll Ever Buy!
By joetomcar on 08/07/11 13:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Although I have been a loyal Honda owner for over 20 years, I will never buy another one after all the issues I've encountered with the 2008 model. I bought my first Accord in 90, my second in 93. The 93 is still the best car EVER. Sadly the 2008 is nothing but trouble. The rear brake pads have had to be changed three times, the "leather" interior is cheap to say the least and the interior moldings were all cut too short and have had to be replaced. The middle console that's covered with "leather" is in shreds. Can anyone say "Naugahyde?" Both front seats are being recovered. Honda helped me out by paying 50% which is insane! By cutting corners, Honda has lost my business forever!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.