Used 2008 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews - 159 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Don't ever buy the accord.
By Drew

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I brought this car because I needed something good on gas and not 30,000 dollars.
- the rear brakes went bad at 40,000 miles
- the front bumper stated sagging down from the Hood and headlights
- can't get over the road noise. I blast the radio every time I drive it.
- the car nudges when acceleration like the car not getting enough gas. Does have good power over 3500 rpm.
- the seats are hard. Back hurts after long drives. Feels like you are sitting on a blanket with a piece of plywood on top. I thought when I brought it the seats would break in over time. Not this car. The seats are as hard as the day I got it. Now has 80000 miles on it.
- chrome paint on grill is flaking off. Paint on hood started comming off. Looked like it was bubbling underneath the paint then every time I washed it I loosed paint. Has the hood painted at 50000 miles. I still can't get over the hood getting painted. I mean every time you get in the car and look out the window you always see the hood.
- overall I still own the car. I wish I sold it to a couple who wanted it more than I did. I've had Hondas in the past. But this one has the be the least one I like. The others were a 1986 crx. That was the most fun Honda I ever drove. It was fast good on gas everything. Next was a 1996 accord. It ran and drive fine when I sold it. Nothing went wrong with it.
All said and done. For new honda owners test driving a car does not tell you everything. I know a lot of cars have the good things and the bad things about them. I brought my honda because at the time were the best selling cars. It looked cool sporty and in my price range. My 1990 mustang looks better and had no problems like the accord. But I don't think I'll buy another Honda. Ever

Great Car Overall
By chiney_whale

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Honda as a more affordable alternative to an Audi A5 and BMW 3 (now 4)Series coupe. The exterior of this car is sharp (especially in the Belize Blue Pearl). The exterior design has aged very well. The interior design has aged very well and I find the button layout to be very logical. I was surprised to see so much hard plastic on the dash at this price range ($30k +), but visually it looks good. The car has way too much road noise however. The car has a taunt but comfortable ride, which gives it a sporty premium feel I like. The engine has tons of power once your hit 3000 rpm, but below that its pretty gutless. Fuel economy is right in line with EPA estimates.

The cylinder deactivation is pretty cool. The auto V6 can cut off 2 or 3 of its cylinders when cruising to save gas. An ECO light illuminates whenever its activated; however, it doesn't tell you whether your running on 4 or 3 cylinders. I love the v6! Its powerful once you get over 3000 rpm and sounds great. The car has a spacious trunk and a surprising amount of legroom for rear passengers. The rear seats fold down (only as one piece) which allows it to be pretty handy for the fun to Home Depot or Lowes.

My reliability on this car hasn't been up to the standards I expected of Honda. The car has very weak brakes, which causes premature wear and warping of the pads and rotors. There is a TSB out for this. Also, my cylinder 3 spark plug needed to be replaced three times in less than 100k miles b/c of a defect in the cylinder deactivation system that causes oil to get on the spark plug. There is a TSB out for this, which requires the ECU to be re-flashed to change the way the deactivation system works. Other than reliability, Honda needs to invest in more sound deadening and increase cabin technology (the infotainment graphics are severely dated).

Love my Honda accord 08
By Luis Gerardo Cervantes

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I don't have any problems with this accord love the way it drives have Hondas since I was 16 years old now I'm 32 and keep buying Honda and Acura I'm in love wit) this cars

My 08 Coupe best car ever bought8/
By jezebellejizz

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Fonda (as in Fonda the Honda) is one of the bet cars I've ever purchased.
I was a little surpsied that the road noise was a bit more predominant than it should have been considering this was a gosh darn $29,000 purchase brand new, loaded up to the teets and all.
My only complaint is the junky paint quality. I swear even looking at the car makes scratches appear. That is ridiculous and I've spent almost $2,000 in 5 years fixing Fonda's scratches, dings, blemishes and it really sucks.....but on other hand, she is black and I knew what I was in for....p.s. I keep saying no more black cars but this is the 3rd in a row....still, the paint should be better [non-permissible content removed]!

Love the 18" low profile stock alloy wheels, love the double chrome exhaust tips. Love the chromed out door levers......love my double dutch extreme limo tint on every possible window (no cops got me and it's been 5 years)......the standard tint on sunroof was a joke....got that double dutch coated, too.....a very [non-permissible content removed] car......Go Fonda

See above, Honey.....

08 accord coupe V6 AT
By butler1985

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the car used with two other owners before me. Had 68k miles. Test drove it twice, and did not notice a weird shuttle in 2nd and 3rd gear. After using the car to drive to work which is 38 miles away I noticed a transmission problem. Took it to dealer and they said they could not find a problem but offered a software update for the transmission. The update was $110 and DID fix the problem. I didn't think it would but its been 4 days of driving and have not done it one time. I do love the car, it's fun for someone how does not consider the accord coupe to be a performance car, it is not but gives a good feel for one.

Looks great! Rims are nice 18s. Barks first gear on a hot day lol. This V6 sounds really mean. I'm getting a little over 500 miles a full tank highway driving. Honda has been good to us will continue to buy them

One compliant is that it's noisy. My wife's four door is also noisy. We get used to it