2008 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
My 08 Coupe best car ever bought8/
By jezebellejizz on 01/11/14 13:13 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Fonda (as in Fonda the Honda) is one of the bet cars I've ever purchased. I was a little surpsied that the road noise was a bit more predominant than it should have been considering this was a gosh darn $29,000 purchase brand new, loaded up to the teets and all. My only complaint is the junky paint quality. I swear even looking at the car makes scratches appear. That is ridiculous and I've spent almost $2,000 in 5 years fixing Fonda's scratches, dings, blemishes and it really sucks.....but on other hand, she is black and I knew what I was in for....p.s. I keep saying no more black cars but this is the 3rd in a row....still, the paint should be better [non-permissible content removed]!

08 accord coupe V6 AT
By butler1985 on 07/24/13 17:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the car used with two other owners before me. Had 68k miles. Test drove it twice, and did not notice a weird shuttle in 2nd and 3rd gear. After using the car to drive to work which is 38 miles away I noticed a transmission problem. Took it to dealer and they said they could not find a problem but offered a software update for the transmission. The update was $110 and DID fix the problem. I didn't think it would but its been 4 days of driving and have not done it one time. I do love the car, it's fun for someone how does not consider the accord coupe to be a performance car, it is not but gives a good feel for one.

Accord coupe EX-L V6
By rickyedger on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Fun car lots of power and cornering stability. My favorite car to date.

Honda Issues
By HoNda Jole on 05/05/10 13:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2008 Honda Accord with non-stop brake issues. Honda will not recall this, maybe after they have issues like Toyota did they will get it together.

Very good car
By buckaroo1234 on 02/24/10 12:05 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new. After 30,100 miles have 50% left on front and rear brakes and 40% left on original tires. Tires are rotated every spring. Note that i am easy on the car. Trouble with the power seat track on drivers side which has been fixed. Slight rattle with glove box...that's it. I have had two new v6 Honda's since 1999 and have found them to be very reliable. I cannot speak about the 4 cylinder brakes, or OEM tires. You take care of the car and it will take care of you. Brake hard and late and drive race car style and expect to replace the parts faster.

Brake Problem
By Charlie G on 09/16/09 18:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

16,800 miles mostly highway and I needed rear brakes. Honda says it's normal wear and tear. I don't think so. Appears I am not the only one with these issues.

I didn't expect it will be like this...
By GianC on 08/28/09 21:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I liked the accord coupe since the first time I saw the Concept car back in 2007... it was other level of creation for a coupe. This car has everything, it looks GREAT in and out, and the sound of the engine (V6) uuuuufffff... Amazing!!!

Great Car - Bad Brakes
By Omar on 07/14/09 10:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is great in all aspects except for the brakes. I have replaced the brakes in less than 35K miles.

Design Flaw - 2008 Honda Accord
By DBurnes on 05/11/09 18:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Only had the car for 1 year and the rear inner pads and roters needed to be replaced already. I bought the car brand new and now only has 18,000 miles. Honda is NOT doing anything about this known issue problem. If you google "2008 Honda Accord brake problem" you will see a thousand complaints about the defective brake system. Honda should be held responsible for defective brake system. Right rear inner pad wears out around 15,000 miles.

Rear Brake pad nightmare!
By Astounded white girl on 05/08/09 23:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned 4 honda's and have come to rely on the fantastic quality of performance and lack of maintenance issues. I can literally change the oil religiously with a Honda and it will go forever. Not with this latest purchase. I have owned the vehicle for 1 year and 7 months with 21,000 miles and just paid for new rear brake pads! Unbelievable that after only 3...three oil changes, I am replacing brake pads. WOW Honda! I am extremely disappointed that the reliability and quality that I have come to expect from your cars has come to this.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.