Used 2008 Honda Accord EX-L Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Excellent design, questionable quality.
By Derek

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Accord in the fall 2009. Have since put on about 5000 miles, the car currently has about 26000 miles on it. I must say that I am really impressed with the design of the coupe (not sure if they fell asleep designing the sedan). The coupe looks awesome and I get lots of complements. I have owned 4 Hondas and I must say that every time I got a new one, the build quality has gradually got worse. First, door seal came off, then glove box started to rattle, I am watching the rear brakes closely now as many complaints there, rear brakes at 35% but front at 75% interesting. Today I heard new center console rattle. Car vibrates @ 60-70 mph. What happened to Honda quality?! Looks is not all.

I love the XM radio, seats are ok despite several complaints of others. The interior is awesome and the design is outstanding. Love the way the car drives except the vibration at higher speed. When road is smooth everything is fine, no rattles then. Stereo is solid as well. Performance is adequate.

HID lights, shame on you Honda to design great looking head lights but then spoiling it all by halogen. Please improve the quality!!!

Best car ever owned
By rickmoitoza

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just got back from a 3000 mile road trip from California to Sandpoint Idaho. The Honda was very comfortable to drive and averaged 32.5 miles per gallon. I have the v6 - manual sticker said 25 hwy, 22 in town... I get 27 in town. This car is the best I have ever owned.

performance and gas mileage

none

Accord LX-E
By Wayne

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Beautiful car, got one of the first cars at the dealer when they came out. Very happy with the car enjoy the ride and performance. I am having early wear on the brake, shimmy at 60 mph with 20K miles on the car. Possible design issue, dealer reviewing. Mileage is disappointing.

Stereo is great for a factory option, seats are comfortable

MPG indicator or trip computer, brakes show signs of early ware, warranty does not match other models on the market.

The coupe should have worn an Acura badge
By GilTibo

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

OK, compared to some cars, it may seem underpowered, but the reward comes at the fuel pump. Fun is still a standard feature with the Manual Transmission. Absolutely no regrets here. Got my Acura CL without the high price...

XM radio, styling (coupe), Fit and finish.

Full iPod integration, HID headlight availability. 6-speed trans availability with the I-4 engine. Even better sound insulation.

i love my Accord!
By Ramona

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I recently traded my 2002 ford focus in for a Honda Accord Coupe. This car is GREAT! Everything is perfect. I just put it on the highway this weekend and its performance was amazing! I'm loving it :)

Very stylish i get looks all the time! Great sound system!

nothing!