2008 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Still a great car
By azsoonerfan on 05/02/12 10:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my accord new back in July 2008. Currently have about 75,000 miles. This has a been a great car so far. The engine is smooth and has plenty of pull. It is a comfortable car for road trips, we frequenlty make a 5-6 hour drive to California with two small childern in the back, plenty of room for everyone. Still love the design of the car, has the look of a 5 series BMW. We average about 23mpg, mostly city driving. On the hwy, I have gotten up to 29mpg (setting the cruise to about 80mph). Here are the issues with this car. First, the door trim pops loose all the time, a quick push and it is back on, but a little annoying. Second, the rear brakes wear out too quickly.

Honda Padding the dealers pocket
By ramjet1 on 11/22/11 10:29 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great car with two noted exceptions. Road noise. As the top model for the Honda line I expected it to be quieter. My Nissan Frontier pick-up has a quiter cockpit. Exception #2 putting a rubber timing belt on an the V6 engine is planned obsolesence, and requiring it to be replaced at 60,000 miles. All this does is pad the Honda dealers pockets. Why is it necessary for Honda to give back money to the dealer? They build a great car but engineeer in a requirement that forces you back to the delaer every 60K to change the belt. That change is $700 + in 2011.

Step it up Honda
By fab82 on 10/28/11 15:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Where do I begin? Aside f/my 08 Accord, I also own an 02 accord coupe. My old accord drives better, is quieter, and the interior appears sleeker. I am a tad bit disappointed in the 08 model. The paint used on this model is extra cheap, for a vehicle that has been garage kept I shouldn't be seeing rust where the paint has chipped away. The paint shouldn't be chipping @ all. The brakes/rotors are shot (although they were just replaced 4 months ago). The stereo system is nice, but the speakers are cheap! Outside noise is apparent, my old Honda rides like a spaceship!Honda's used to be flawless...not anymore.

My favorite Honda to date
By SatisfiedAccordOwner on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have 25,000 miles on it. I did just have the rear brake pads replaced and the rotors resurfaced, which 50% will be reimbursed by the class action suit. Other than that, no problems. Plenty of power with the V6, no issues with V6. Road noise isn't any more than when I test drove it (and is not bad). Seats are not any less comfortable than when I test drove it (and are not bad). Radio controls are not any more confusing now than when I test drove it. Materials in dashboard are not any cheaper looking now than when I test drove it.

It will be gone
By first & last on 10/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first & LAST Honda. The VCM was noticeable soon after purchase and is only getting worse. Yes, I have been to the dealer multiple times and get the standard "normal" or "not noticed" response. The car surges even when on flat roads in cruise. In heavy traffic, it is dangerous. The drivablility is worse than my old cars were 30 years ago. Both front windows rattle as does the rear shelf-- which I padded myself eventually. I guess it was designed to allow even light drizzle to collect on the roof and empty on to the door panel.

Reliable?
By BH on 11/29/09 16:52 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car because of Honda's reputation of building a reliable car. Unfortunately, with less than 30K miles on the car, the engine malfunction light came on. I took it to the dealership to find out that all of the valve seals in both heads needed to be replaced. According to the dealership, this is the second vehicle (within a 2 week time span) that they have seen with this problem. From the sounds of it, these are not isolated incidents either. I would not recommend purchasing this vehicle.

Not good for me!
By guest on 10/16/09 18:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased a Honda Accord V6 due to the reviews. This car has been the worst new car I have ever bought. Been to the shop 3 times for the coil replacement, 1 time for a new injector pump, 5 times for door and dash rattles and brakes at 26000 miles. No more Hondas for me. The dealer has been great to me but the car has been a poor choice!

My lemon Honda Accord
By hallba24 on 09/20/09 11:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I thought I was buying quality with Honda, however when a new vehicle needs new rear brakes at 27000 miles that is unacceptable. Especially when the dealer ship admitted it was a flawed design but still would only fix the problem for $330.00 before taxes. That is insane to think customers will come back to Honda with a reputation they are getting by not dealing with the brake problems. Honda needs to recall the brakes and reimburse all of us who made the mistake to purchase this vehicle. My advise to people is do not buy a Honda until they gain my trust again.

Overall Very Solid Vehicle
By Jake427 on 02/28/09 09:41 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased Accord Feb 2008 V6 EX Cloth interior. Overall, it has been a very satisfying vehicle. I have 19K miles on it after a year. I really like the power of the V6. Very peppy engine. I have not experienced any mechanical issues thus far. I change the oil and perform the scheduled maintenance. I find the interior comfortable for short and long trips. My wife does say the vehicle is not as comfortable for long trips as other cars we've owned. A couple of downsides. The headlights aren't as bright as I would like. This should be fixed. Also, when the passenger windows are down but not the front windows, it creates a very strange frequency that hurts the ears. Overall a very good car.

Very Safe Car
By Dennis on 11/24/08 19:47 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After owning this car for only two months, I was involved in an accident that resulted in $11000 worth of damage to the vehicle. It got pinched between a semi trailer and a large flatbed truck resulting in a hit to the front left pillar. Long story short, what should have hit me in the face was deflected by the car. I walked away from this accident with only some minor scratches from broken glass though the car looked like it was totaled. I honestly believe that if I was driving my previous vehicle, I would be in the hospital right now.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.