Used 2008 Honda Accord EX V-6 Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great Car
By H

Excellent Vehicle
By GF

2008 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Accord new, it now has 102,000 miles and is eight years old. I replaced the rear brakes twice during the first 30,000 miles of ownership. The front brakes are the original brakes (hard to believe). The rear brakes have not been replaced since the redesign (70,000 miles on the rear pads). The only other problems I've had are the sway bar bushings and the SRS module. The SRS module was replaced by the dealer free of charge even though the car had over 100,000 miles (Thank you Fisher Honda, Harry Snyder is the best service representative I have ever encountered). The car has never burned a drop of oil and handles all elements well here in Colorado with Nokian WRG3 tires. It's been a very comfortable car overall, however the road noise is high compared to other vehicles in it's class. In fact, my only significant complaint is the road noise. I've considered replacing it, but it just drives too well to replace. It drives almost the same as when I drove it off the lot, I'll probably keep it 2-3 more years as long as it remains trouble free. Just a great car.

Never again
By Sharon

2008 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

At 96000 miles, I just put my 5th set of back brakes on the car! Honda tells me it's the way I drive... Funny I'm driving a Toyota for the last two years and the back brakes still need replacing... Other than a new battery at 3 years and problems with spiders and webs causing a sensor to break, front brakes x 1 and tires etc it's been reliable that is if you don't mind replacing back brakes every year or two!

Still a great car
By azsoonerfan

2008 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my accord new back in July 2008. Currently have about 75,000 miles. This has a been a great car so far.
The engine is smooth and has plenty of pull.
It is a comfortable car for road trips, we frequenlty make a 5-6 hour drive to California with two small childern in the back, plenty of room for everyone.

Still love the design of the car, has the look of a 5 series BMW. We average about 23mpg, mostly city driving.
On the hwy, I have gotten up to 29mpg (setting the cruise to about 80mph).

Here are the issues with this car.
First, the door trim pops loose all the time, a quick push and it is back on, but a little annoying.
Second, the rear brakes wear out too quickly.

Smooth engine, plenty of interior space, large truck, great styling that stands the test of time, reliability, decent gas milage, great handling

Rear brakes wear out too quick - last about 25-35K miles Door trim keeps poping off Rubber timing belt that needs to be replaced every 60K miles, which is a bit expensive

Honda Padding the dealers pocket
By ramjet1

2008 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great car with two noted exceptions.
Road noise.
As the top model for the Honda line I expected it to be quieter. My Nissan Frontier pick-up has a quiter cockpit. Exception #2 putting a rubber timing belt on an the V6 engine is planned obsolesence, and requiring it to be replaced at 60,000 miles.
All this does is pad the Honda dealers pockets. Why is it necessary for Honda to give back money to the dealer? They build a great car but engineeer in a requirement that forces you back to the delaer every 60K to change the belt. That change is $700 + in 2011.

Performance, road holding.

Put a timing chain on the V6 in stead of the elastic band.