2008 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
The Biggest Mistake of my Life
By mostinfamous3 on 08/12/12 17:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I brought this car Oct 07 brand new with 28 miles. Today I'm sitting in pure frustration as my car now needs a 3rd timing chain replacement and no Honda Tech can expain to me why my car keeps needing timing chains, first it was the rear brake pad issue, then it was the ridiculously small battery issue, this care is a money pit. I've spent over $3500 this year just to keep transportation to work. This will be my last Honda ever..hate it too, I've been loyal to Honda since '85

Great car! Big & nimble!
By Seattle on 08/30/10 14:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Family outgrew our excellent Mazda3. Settled on 4cyl Accord EX-L manual transmission. Unbelievable fuel economy! Got 500 miles out of 1 tank. Who needs a hybrid when this thing gets 33-35 mpg on the hwy! Car is huge, yet drives 'smaller' than it is. Great steering, clutch & shifter. Better fit and finish than our 2004 Pilot by a long shot! No regrets so far! Rear brake issue was researched prior to purchase and has not been a problem (21,000 miles on the car). Car could use a 6th gear but the shifter action is sublime. I have owned several Hondas including 2 S2000's and this is the best one yet.

Vtech solenoid & Motor problems
By Boyoboy on 06/27/10 13:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

At 30,000 km I started having issues burning through oil, oil light came on & not a stitch of oil was left - this after 2 months of having a certified Honda dealer change the oil. Took it to the dealer 2X before they found the problem - the piston rings had ceased. Also, the vtech solenoid had to be changed. Note to those having oil problems - there is a bulletin about a faulty solenoid on the 2008 so fight the dealership to get it replaced. Our solenoid was replaced and they repaired the pistons, honing out the cylinders - not at all confident that this car is now safe for me to drive with my children sitting in the back. It should've been replaced. Still fighting that battle.

Happy Honda Ride
By CCSLVR on 08/13/08 20:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted to get a nice sedan with a standard shift. The Accord EX-L 5- speed fit the bill. I enjoy driving the car each and every day (even to work). The 4 cylinder engine is just right for quick acceleration and highway cruising. I get 25 MPG in mixed driving and 31 MPG on the highway. The ownership experience has been excellent. Dealer service is done with a smile.

EX-L 6000 miles update (4cyl/5MT)
By Hannibal Mike on 08/08/08 15:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I traded my 1997 Eclipse Spyder GST convertible (turbo 4 cyl/5MT) for an Accord EX-L sedan (4 cyl/5MT) when I turned 60. Aside from missing the turbo's acceleration, I've preferred the Accord's better mileage, handling and comfort. I averaged 34-35 mpg after 6000 miles (~90% highway driving). Lowest mpg was 29 mpg (~50% local driving with A/C); highest mpg was 40 mpg (driving 60 mph w/o A/C on Midwest highways). This Accord is the only large car I found with upscale comfort/amenities and a good manual transmission. The manual transmission lets me control the car better and achieve higher mileage.

Love my new Accord!
By New Honda Owner! on 06/26/08 09:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am a long time GM car buyer and last night I purchased my first new Honda (Accord EX-L 4 cyl) and I am just blown away with the quality. So far the car has over exceeded my expectations in every way. I was afraid I would miss my Grand Prix but that is not the case. The 190 HP 4 Cyl is plenty powerful. Very pleased with the new Accord! Way to go Honda!

Instead of Camry
By Daveboy on 06/24/08 21:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I can't believe the room. At 6'5 it is very comfortable. Ride is smooth though road noise is a little excessive. Truly enjoy and appreciate all of the features that came standard. Very satisfied after 5 months. We love to drive it and we are averaging about 28 mpg (combined city/highway).

Large car comfort with stick shift mpg
By Mike L on 05/21/08 11:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the 2008 Accord EX-L 5M after waiting 2 months for 2009 Sonata SE 5M (Hyundai would not confirm delivery). I'm getting 33-34 mpg after 800 miles of ~80% highway driving (60-65 mph). This car has plenty of acceleration for my driving style. I hope to get better mileage on extended highway trips. I think the mileage would be even better with a 6-speed stick shift to drop the tachometer from ~2300 rpm to <2000 rpm at 60 mph.

Excellent Buy
By Tom M on 05/08/08 06:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Does everything well. Sharp looking car at a reasonable price. Getting over 27 mpg in mostly highway use. Steering nice and tight, seats a little stiff but comfortable. Interior is very roomy, and I can sit comfortably in the rear seat at 6'2". Good trunk space, nice finish and materials in both the interior and exterior. Smooth ride, Have not noticed any excessive road noise on the highway as described by other buyers. Plenty of acceleration in the 190 hp version. Typical Honda, does many things well.

Minor flaws, but overall solid package
By JP on 03/17/08 07:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my 08 4-cyl 5MT EX-L Accord for over a month now, and overall I'm happy with the car. The tires/wheels were replaced by the dealer due to vibration problems at highway speeds. The MPG is not that great around 24.5 MPG in mixed driving. I guess when they match a 4-cyl with a heavier "large class" body, this is what you get.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.