2008 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Rear brakes
By ml on 06/29/09 14:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great car but rear brakes went after one year! I called the dealer and they would not cover it. My mechanic could not believe the brakes had to be replaced. He actually bet me money it was not my brakes, he lost!

2008 Honda Accord LX
By Frog on 12/29/08 10:05 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Accord for 7 months, just about 9,400 miles. I love it! I have had NO problems with it. I haven't had any back pain from the seats, maybe these people exceed the seat weight limit? My lights aren't flickering and there is no rattling. I don't think the engine is loud but that can be a matter of opinion. My basis for comparison were Hondas, Nissans and Toyotas all of which I have owned over the years.

So far, so good
By keith graham on 07/07/08 14:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Seems to be more roomier than a cambry, but not as sharp looking. Rides with comfort and motor will pick up if you need it. I purchased this vehicle with a lot of research comparing. We got 32 mpg on the highway the next day after we purchase it. It has enough room for me, my wife and my 18 year old son to go on a short trip. I am 6 foot, 225 lbs and I rode in the back seat some and had enough room. I hope I can get a few more mpg after the car breaks in some. The only for sure complaint I have is the seats seems to hurt my back after I drove for a period of time, this may be because I am use to my silverado truck with leather bucket seats. A big person may want to think of this when shopping.

Love this car!
By flyguy313 on 04/11/08 13:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in a a 2007 6 Cyl. SUV, wanted something with better gas mileage and something that had good resale value. Used edmunds and the dealership came in $800 under invoice. Not sure what invoice even means anymore. At first they said they couldn't go any lower than $75 over invoice but as I was about to walk away from the deal they lowered it.

Greatcare
By Greatcare on 03/17/08 17:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

follow up to earlier posting. Have the car 20 days now. About 350 miles mainly stop and go driving to and from work Put gas in the other day for the first time and averaged about 21.7 MPG not bad for breaking the car in and for the first 318 miles on the car. I expect it will go up. Otherwise love the car.

Great Car
By John on 03/17/08 07:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd Accord lease and it's better than ever. Great ride , roomy interior, legendary Honda reliability. Some here have complained of poor gas mileage, but I've had mine almost two weeks, driven 300 miles so far in mostly city driving, and have a bit more than a quarter of a tank left. I should get close to 400 miles on a full tank in mostly stop and go traffic. Pretty good, I'd say.....

Northern Virginia Boomer
By Larry on 03/15/08 09:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I own an Acura TL as well so am evaluating based upon on this. BLUF: Superlative sedan; would not hesitate to purchase again. Positives: Eye- catching appeal; fit and finish exterior/interior; safety features laudable; audio system good esp w/XM radio; interior room spacious; 3.5L V6 scoots; sporty handling and acceleration good; sporty leather seats; highway gas mileage; appearance package worth having; no dealer service yet; Negatives: Tough negotiations w/6 Wash DC dealers; city gas mileage; road noise; no keyless memory link w/driver profiles; steering wheel quality and size; console storage tray; outside mirrors don’t pivot downward when backing; It is a winner and a recommended buy.

An appliance with class
By john on 01/26/08 11:42 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Well, the '08 Accord (LX 4 cyl) is an awesome car. Honda delivers again. Except...its just ugly. The engine is the most refined in its class, maybe the world, the build quality is polished, and the transmission/chassis is superb. But it looks like something my grandma might buy if she wanted something "young and hip". Recently drove a new Malibu, and am hooked. Seriously considering a trade.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Honda Accord in WA is:

$154 per month*