2008 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4cyl 5-speed manual
By carlostnc65 on 08/21/14 19:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car two years ago used with 71,000 miles. - Avg 25 mpg good for its time and size car. - I have not warmed up to the VTEC engine, all the power up top is great for a performance car, not so great for a family car. The car has three definitive power curves, 1000-3500 rpm for tooling around, 3500-5000 rpm for brisk acceleration like a freeway on ramp, then 5000-7200 rpm for all out pull. For what it is, in that top rev range, it has great power but waiting to get there is tiresome. - The car rides great and its obvious this car is well balanced for the front driver, but get in a curve with uneven pavement and you find the damping to be too soft and the car pitch uncontrol

It is still a good value.
By capeangler on 03/27/14 10:13 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2008 Ex-l v-6 . 80000 miles. I have had none of the reported problems in the 18 months I have had this car. The v-6 Accord has great power but the mileage is no where near the EPA estimate. I get 18-22 city and 25-26 highway. The cylinder deactivation seems smooth but I feel the effect on Mpg is minimal. The only thing I had to do was replace the heater motor which I have done on every Honda I have owned, and there has been several. I have to say that the lexus is a much more quiet and refined car but it is also quite a bit more expensive. I would have bought the Es 350 If I had driven it before I purchased the Honda. My mechanic says Honda and Toyota are bad for his business. Enough said

My 08 Coupe best car ever bought8/
By jezebellejizz on 01/11/14 13:13 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Fonda (as in Fonda the Honda) is one of the bet cars I've ever purchased. I was a little surpsied that the road noise was a bit more predominant than it should have been considering this was a gosh darn $29,000 purchase brand new, loaded up to the teets and all. My only complaint is the junky paint quality. I swear even looking at the car makes scratches appear. That is ridiculous and I've spent almost $2,000 in 5 years fixing Fonda's scratches, dings, blemishes and it really sucks.....but on other hand, she is black and I knew what I was in for....p.s. I keep saying no more black cars but this is the 3rd in a row....still, the paint should be better [non-permissible content removed]!

Not what Honda a worthy car
By herkel on 12/21/13 15:58 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the 2008 Honda Accord V6 late in 08 & really thought this was a car that would be built good & solid. In November 2013 it was missing when I would stop so I took it to be looked at the local garage. They mentioned that Honda has had a lot of trouble with these V6's & that they don't even suggest buying a Honda anymore when someone asks for a reliable car. They had checked it out & replaced the #3 plug which from the posts on line, this is a common problem. So after getting home I looked online as to the problem with these & find that they start burning oil. This seemed total crazy, a car burning oil before, say 100K? In the old days yes but newer cars? Some had said they were putting

08 accord coupe V6 AT
By butler1985 on 07/24/13 17:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the car used with two other owners before me. Had 68k miles. Test drove it twice, and did not notice a weird shuttle in 2nd and 3rd gear. After using the car to drive to work which is 38 miles away I noticed a transmission problem. Took it to dealer and they said they could not find a problem but offered a software update for the transmission. The update was $110 and DID fix the problem. I didn't think it would but its been 4 days of driving and have not done it one time. I do love the car, it's fun for someone how does not consider the accord coupe to be a performance car, it is not but gives a good feel for one.

Cost Reduction Design
By fosterphx1 on 06/29/13 16:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased new, now have 85k miles. Experienced all the problems reported (brakes, road noise, cheap interior, rattles, and easily scratched paint). The Navigation system was delivered with very out of date maps, voice recognition is poor (buy a Garmin for $200), and the suspension feels very heavy and loose over rough pavement. Rebuilt the front end at 80k, lost two batteries due to a failing AC pressure relief valve, and the auto AC is not designed for Phoenix weather. (fan never comes on high speed even if cabin >100 degrees). Trunk volume diminished by hinges. Should be designed for struts. Should have dumped this car earlier before the resale value declined.

Not the Honda you remember
By pesci on 06/17/13 06:07 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Avoid this model. I came off a 2005 honda civic. Best car I have ever owned. Not a problem at 117k miles and still on original brakes. So where to begin with this car? I bought this over priced junk with 30k miles on it. Traded it with 97k miles. 1. Brakes went out right away. . 2. Battery went out at 70k miles. 3. Vinyl on center and door panel armrest bubbled, split 4. Seats feel like wood. 5. Interior rattles excessive 6. Glovebox defective on all models 7. Chrome peeled off brand new oem steering wheel emblem. 8. Bushing wore out of shifter very quickly

Bad Rear Wheel Bearing Assemblies also...
By ughagain on 06/14/13 03:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Thought new tires put on at 55,000 miles were noisy; ended up both rear wheel bearing assemblies were shot. Brother-in-law recognized this at 67,500 miles and replaced. Scarey to think how long I drove car not realizing this was problem. Not have parts available at car parts stores as they all said these should not be worn out. Googled and see others mention this problem. Honda need to make Accord owners aware of this major problem. Hope they get sued again!!! Car has 70,000 miles and on 3rd set of brakes. Brother-in-law did for $50; 2nd set was $300 as on the road & no choice. Honda need to make Accord owners aware of this problem. Nissan Altima here I come...

Glad I'm not alone....
By mrsag on 06/12/13 14:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my 08' with 16k miles on it. Currently it has 48800 on it and I've replaced the brakes once (front and rear) although I am feeling like I am close to a second set already. I am also having the rattle at cold start and losing oil like crazy. Also seems to drop at idle and has even stalled a few times which is terrifying when you are at a stop on a highway!!! Dealership where I bought it is a toyo dealership so are unfamiliar with Honda issues. Did purchase a warranty through them so hoping they can figure it out after I've managed to do all the research for them.

It's great!
By carfreak17 on 03/31/13 09:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I think it's a great overall car, it looks great, hauls ass! Gets good mileage, and me and my wife find it very comfortable. Doesn't matter what vehicle you buy, your bound to have something fail or break. People need to remember that people build vehicles in plants where there mass assembled, so there's going to be some lazy people or accidents made when they built them. Sometimes you get a lemon, but with a Honda your pretty much getting a very well built car! Myself and all people I know that own a Honda have way less problems than people that own other vehicle brands. My only complaint is the heated seat option doesn't get very warm.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.