Perfect car - except for the seat.
By Dmitri Toptygin on
2007 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I drove about 40000 miles on this car, and I had almost no problems with it. Excellent reliability, fuel economy, handling in dry and wet conditions. The only thing that causes problems is the new design of the driver's seat. From 1999 to 2007 I drove an Accord EX 1999, and that one had a great driver's seat. The 2007 version has a new seat design, and this caused me a lot of back pain. I already paid over $2000 to a chiropractor. The headrest cannot be lifted high enough to make it comfortable. Removing and discarding the headrest makes it feel better, but this increases the danger of whiplash injury in an accident.
Favorite Features
Manual transmission is my favorite #1. Double-wishbone suspension makes this vehicle as strong as a tank: potholes are not a problem. Plus it does not tilt toward the outside of turns in sharp turns like a Toyota Camry. Plus the reliability is just incredible.
Suggested Improvements
When the next driver's seat is designed, the designers must take into account that there are people out there who are six foot two inches tall (myself) or even taller. The seat in Accord EX 1999 was just fine with me, but not in Accord EX 2007.