2007 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Solid choice

2007 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

Special Edition Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Solid choice
By ian stuart on

2007 Honda Accord Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Turned in my Honda Civic lease car with plans to lease another Civic. But the Accord was so much quieter and smoother riding than the Civic. So I ended up leasing an Accord. Love the 6 CD set up. Nice sound system. Manual transmission is smooth. The manual transmission seems to be much better mated to the engine than the automatic. Automatic seemed noiser and rougher. Plus the manual gets a bit better mileage. I average about 27 mpg in mostly city driving. (The Civic did get better mileage.) The engine is silky smooth for a 4-cylinder. Plenty of power. Who needs 6 cylinders? Honda makes great engines. Love the Moroccan red color.

Favorite Features

Smooth engine and manual transmission! Plenty of safety features - air bags, ABS. Roomy interior with simple but attractive layout. Nice ride and fairly quiet. Decent mpg - 27. Six CD player. Love the remote trunk release. Excellent fit and finish. Reliability and value.

Suggested Improvements

Sometimes the driver's seat is a bit uncomfortable on my back. Wish gas mileage was a bit better.