2007 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Good car with a few faults

2007 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

LX Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Good car with a few faults
By Travel Junkie on

2007 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my 2007 Accord for almost 10 months now and have 23,000 Miles on it. I love the car, but it leaves more power to be desired in the low rpm. My g/f's 08 Civic seems more peppy and feels quicker in the low ranges. I do not abuse my car and have had all services done by a certified Honda dealer. Recently, I have had trouble with the brakes "Clunking" when applied at low speeds. I also hear a clunk sometimes when making low speed turns, but not in curves. Overall, I am very happy with the car. I average 34 mpg (more than double my truck.) This is a highway car even though most people will probably use it as a city car. If I had more city driving to do, I would buy the Civic.

Spacious interior. Auto-down/up driver's window. Big Trunk. Tight shift pattern and GREAT clutch. Daytime running lamps. Awesome fuel economy(better than the '08 by a long shot). Quiet engine/trans. This is a super car. I love it.

Add a dark/medium green color to the lineup. Got to fix the "clunking" noise. Trunk opening could be bigger, but is acceptable. More oomph in the low range for hgwy ramps and red light to red light city driving. Trans is jerky in 2 & 3 like the engine is missing or clutch is slipping (but it's not).