Pseudo Sports Sedan
By joe287 on
2007 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)
Here is what is I see as some major flaws with this car. Turning Radius. Making tight turns or getting into a parking space is frustrating. Delay in shifting gears; what the heck is this about? I have to wait 2 full seconds before the car is engaged in gear. Quickly performing a 3 point turn is not possible. Front end floats during quick accelerations; at times when I want to accelerate quickly and there are bumps in the road, the front end is floating far too much! Gas mileage; my wife’s RAV gets the same mileage as this sedan, not good. Overall; this is a pseudo sports sedan that is overpriced. Closer to a value car with nice dressings. Good, but not great!
Favorite Features
• Nice stereo • XM Satellite • A/C and ventilation is good • Sunroof • Comfortable seats • Good looks • Good highway cruising performance
Suggested Improvements
• Improve the turning radius; simply unacceptable as it is. • Steering column is too tight, feels like a sports car until you drive it like one and then it feels like a low-mid end sedan. • Suspension too tight for a car that does not offer sports performance. • Gas mileage, needs improvement!
By mlstove
on 02/26/12 18:48 PM (PST)

After driving a 1996 for 11 years, I couldn't agree more with your comments concerning the 2007 model. I wanted a manual, but found a good deal on the same model as yours with 36K. I'm wondering if this car is bullet proof like the last one because the transmission does the same thing as if it's a belt driven system which it obviously isn't. It acts more like a CVT system in a Nissan when placed in gear. Biggest complaint, the fuel mileage which lead me to read posts tonight. I current have this model and an I4 SE same year in the garage and both are disappointing on gas. I am running synthetic oil, changed the air cleaner, have run fuel injector cleaner and I'm getting 20 mpg period. I have to admit, my foot is in this car quite a bit, but even on the highway it's ridiculous on gas. It makes me wonder what a Pilot truly gets on the road. The 17" rims versus the 16" on the SE really kills the ride. The tires do struggle with grip which will make me really think about tire brands when I go to replace. Needless to say, I miss the 30+ per gallon I got with the 1996 coupe. Should have kept the car with 250K on it. Gave it to the son!