2007 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Great Car Unless you are over

2007 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

2007 Honda Accord

Special Edition Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Great Car Unless you are over 5'11"
By reid on

2007 Honda Accord Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When test driving, this car was exactly what I wanted. Very reliable (I had a Volvo that cost thousands of dollars a month in repairs), nice looking, safe. I planned on driving it forever. I am about 6'2" and it is clear after driving this car for 3 months that it is NOT designed to be comfortable for people over 5'11". When I drive the back of my leg is raised off the seat and requires me keep my leg elevated. I have tried every seat position and steering wheel adjustment and nothing works. Also, the brake pedal is in front of the gas pedal and requires me to lift my leg to move from one pedal to the other. This combination is extremely uncomfortable for tall drivers.

Honda reliability. Its simplicity. What you get for the value. Love this car except for the driving comfort.

Design cars for tall people! Make sure the back of the leg rests on the seat. I will look at the accord in the future, but this will walk out of the dealership if this isn't fixed.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By sjulier
on 07/29/11 13:39 PM (PDT)

Agree the seat comfort is a big disappointment. I am 6"0" and cannot get comfortable on trips over 45 minutes.