Great buy
By sgrossm1 on
2007 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I bought my car in Summer of 2010. It was a used car with just over 28,000 miles on it. The very next day I took the car on a five week cross-country road trip. I was impressed with how zippy the car is and how comfortable it is on the highway. Road noise can be loud, but around town or with the radio on it is a very quiet place to be. With the car fully loaded (trunk and back seat) and with A/C on low, I was able to get 32 mpg the entire trip (using cruise control). I have also been able to get 35+ mpg on other non-loaded trips with cruise control. The car is cheap to run and with the stick can be a hoot in 2 or 3 gear. Very practical car. I recommend it highly.
Favorite Features
manual transmission, zippy but still gets great gas mileage, easy after-market ipod install (could be an easy DIY), large trunk (bigger than mom's Acura RL), 6-disc CD changer, feels smaller than it is when driving, spacious interior, steering wheel controls, cubby holes, auto-down window feature with key fob (look it up!)
Suggested Improvements
auto-down on all windows, modified suspension to grip better when hitting hard corners (though admittedly not part of this car's purpose). Wish I had a moon roof. This is a practical car and does that job wonderfully. It can be zippy when you want it, but being only 20 I wish I had something a little less practical and more sporting (thought this car does keep my insurance and fuel bills down nicely).